Tenants Furniture

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5311 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

Can anyone help please?

I have just finally evicted a couple of "professional tenants" after six months of legal wranglings, baliffs and police officers - not to mention the sleepless nights. To speed up the procedure I claimed only for repossession and not for rent arrears or legal costs.

I'm overjoyed to finally have my house back even though I am now out of pocket by approx £1000 (legal costs and rent arrears)

I have told the tenants that they must clear this outstanding amount before they can retrieve their furniture. I don't want to appear unkind or unhelpful but believe me, these frauds have used every single trick in the book to stay illegally in my house and have made my life a misery.

My question is, can I sell these goods to reclaim the money I am owed? I already suspect what the answer will be but the other side of this coin is what can these ex tenants do to retrieve their goods from me and will a court listen to my side of the story if they ultimately take legal action?

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

A landlord must obtain permission from the county court before levying distress on an assured or assured shorthold tenant.

Distraint can only be used to recover rent arrears owed on the current tenancy. It cannot be used once a tenancy has been brought to an end. Arrears accrued from a previous tenancy must be treated as a normal money debt.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]