tv channel subscription and ebay question!

honeypie78

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, so a tad embarrasing but really need help on this!

Subscribed to Playboy channel a few weeks ago without realising I was getting into a 12 month contract, what grounds if any do I have to cancel this! I sent a letter a few days after, within 7 days to say I had changed my mind (cooling off period) but now they have sent an invoice for the full 12 months demanding I pay the whole thing!

Also, bought a bed of ebay, this seller had no returns conditions, two days after putting the bed up, the frame cracked, theres no way of fixing it, and its obvious the bed was not made to take any kind of weight, just to point out me and my partner are of average weight, the ebay seller is claiming theres no come back because we have already put the bed up, but surely this cant be right, is there anyway I can claim the money back via paypal or my credit card company?

Any help would be much apreciated

Thanks

Did the terms and conditions on the channel warn you that once the service starts you will lose any right to cancel, and did you have a chance to see these terms before you signed up?

And was the bed sold by someone in trade or from a private seller?

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.

No, there is no automatic cooling off period when you buy things. You won't, for example, be able to return goods bought from a shop and demand a refund if there is nothing wrong with them - even if it's only 5 minutes after you left the shop.

However, the Distance Selling Regulations do allow a seven day cooling off period if you buy goods or services with no face to face contact with the seller (i.e. mail order, internet) but if it is a service the terms and conditions can state that the cancellation rights will be lost once the service starts. You must have had chance to read the terms and conditions and agree to this, however. Have a good look back at the contract and see if you can see any reference to their terms anywhere or anything that referred you to read their terms before you signed up.

If the ebay sale was private, there is little you can do unless the seller made a misdescription - it's "buyer beware" when buying privately, and there is no comeback if the goods are faulty. If you're not sure, you could PM me the link to the auction and I'll have a look and see whether there are any signs that the seller is selling as a business?

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.