Halifax Credit Card Charges Problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wondering if anyone can help me.

I have received my statements back from Halifax Card Services and have calculated my charges to £1,247.00, after finding this out I sent out a letter giving them 14 days to reply otherwise I will have no other option than to go to the small claims court.

:confused:

The thing is the 14 days are nearly up and I still haven't heard anything from the bank. I called them after 9 days and they said that they haven't got any acknowledgment of my second letter on the account. I informed them that the letter was delivered by recorded delivery on 21st March 2007. I don't know if I should send them a good will letter giving them a further 7 days before final court action or not? Can someone help me please?

Thank you

you might wish to read the threads on the subject here:-

Generally, you send them a request for repayment, then a letter before action the process is 14 days each.

If you hurry to court, as a judge may see, you may not get your money back.

The templates and instructions on this site are an invaluable tool to recover charges.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

good luck!

Steve

Halifax - paid out without getting to court - £250 WON - no intention of going, stated too costly!!

Halifax no 2 account - paid out without a fight - (by mistake, £1650 - should have been £1200 - had to pay some back)

Then a judge can see you've been more that reasonable- it's just the Halifax that have been useless!:rolleyes:

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Halifax are backed up with claims - it can take up to 15minutes if you call their 0845 number. I have phone a guy today who is trying to sort out my three claims - won't budge on interest payments - and has advised me to go to court!

I have given two lots of 14 day periods - plus a few days.

A Judge will see that you have acted in the interests of fairness and mutuality.

hope it all goes well - you won't need luck - just patience:D

Halifax - paid out without getting to court - £250 WON - no intention of going, stated too costly!!

Halifax no 2 account - paid out without a fight - (by mistake, £1650 - should have been £1200 - had to pay some back)