No charges raised this month?

klimbingkid

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning - as a newbie I would first like to thank everyone here for the great information.

I am about to embark, on behalf of my sister-in-law, on a claim for £2400 of unlawful charges - £460 raised in one day alone, its criminal! Abbey have had her and her children living off basic rations for the last six months; i'm so cross. She has finally come clean with her finances, and having spent several days sifting paperwork, it seems most of it is the banks fault. She was even borrowing from MoneyStore to pay bank charges.

I have prepared my approach letter, and was waiting for the March statement to arrive from the bank to add final figures, but no charges have been raised this month - despite overdraft being exceeded and having cheques and DD's returned.

This is very odd going on previous 6 months of statements and my conversation 3 weeks ago confirmed over £600 of charges acruded for March at that point; its as though they have not raised any of the normal £35 charges!? Before contacting the bank, I wondered if anyone else had similar experiences.

I would like to think the bank has realised thier dreadful behaviour and has put an end to this stupidity - but then I slap myself hard, to get break me from my day dream! Clearly they would not do this as it would be an admission of guilt.

Interested in your views before I ring the debt management team - oh joy!

Klimbing Kid

Hi and welcome, it could be that your sil didnt accrue any charges in February so nothing was taken in March it will have said in her feb statement what and when would be taken, any charges accrued in March will show up on the march statement to be taken in april, hope this helps.

has your sil got all her statements going back 6 years? if not you should send an SAR with #10 recorded delivery to abbey and then she can reclaim ALL charges.

Any questions just come back to us

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Wow - fast replies!

it could be that your sil didnt accrue any charges in February so nothing was taken in March it will have said in her feb statement what and when would be taken, any charges accrued in March will show up on the march statement to be taken in april, hope this helps.

No - charges raised in February are all listed on that statement £660 of them, and were debited in March, and are on teh statement. BUT I see no charges raised on March statement, despite Direct debits and checques being reversed out on teh statement due to insuffient funds.

has your sil got all her statements going back 6 years? if not you should send an SAR with #10 recorded delivery to abbey and then she can reclaim ALL charges.

I can see its only in the last 7 months she has been in trouble with bank charges and I have all the relevant statements for that period. Even going back through 3 years of statements I cannot see any other charges, so I am tempted to forget the SAR I have prepared. Of course it will keep them busy and show I mean business - that alone is worth £10!

Klimbing Kid

i would start with the filling out of the spreadsheet and the initial letter then, if she is on benefits then she should be exempt from court fees, although she will have to present proof and the N1 at her local court.

Lula

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula

This is all news to me - I thought court fee's would be due in any case. Yes she is on benifits, great to know she may be exempt.

I have written the initial letter, but as I expected further charges this month, I held of sending. I have already prepared summary of the charges, but really wanted these latest round of charges included - hopefully saving a second claim

Regards

Mike

Mike, get the initial letter off anyway,you can keep adding the charges till the court form goes in

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

klimbingkid

i see in your original post that you mention your sil was using moneyshop to pay her bank charges if that is the case and you can prove it, surely you can get the fees that moneyshop charge her back from the bank as well, I know these charges that the moneyshop apply are quite high around the region of £13.00p ie cheque cashed for £100.00p = £87.00p in your pocket.

regards pmahonc

Thanks to everyone for being so helpful. Statement covering 7 days has now arrived with charges totalling £625 as expected. Whats new this month is a note saying they will be limiting thier charges to only £300 - thats nice of them....:mad:

However, the detail line of the statement says how they will be debiting £625 on 21st April - they can't even get the statement right! So this looks like some late addition on the statement to me.

Anyhow, approach letter has now gone.

Klimbing Kid