Settlement offered, but will they still take our money.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

have been reading threads posted, great to see we are not only ones suffering the awful cycle of direct debit charges, hard enough to make ends meet as it is without halifax sucking us dry, really disheartening. We sent statements request letter before xmas including cheque for 10 pounds which my fantastically suportive mum and dad in-laws provided! Received standard sorry youre not happy letter dated 11th Jan 07 with promise to reply within 4 weeks, received that next reply today which is exactly 4 weeks! Todays letter offers final settlement of 1899 pounds as a "gesture of goodwill" from them!!!, and yet we havent even received the statements yet so we are probably owed much more!! They actually cashed the 10 pounds cheque on 4th january 07, which proves they actually received the statements request at this earlier date, so can i count the 40 day deadline from the 4th jan or do i have to take it from 11th jan???!!! am frustrated they havent sent the statements yet, keen to get them to find out the true figure theyve ripped us off for! Any help and advice greatly appreciated!!!

cheers.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

This is a super letter you have been referred to. I sent one to Barclaycard and received data and seperate letter stating they were on their way 7 days later. You will be a person to reckon with. Sally

If my advice has been helpful tip the scales

West brom SETTLED

Halifax current SETTLED IN FULL

halifax curent (2nd) stayed. Visa - SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

halifax for the 3rd time. LBA sent

Egg - SETTLED GE Money - SETTLED Barclaycard SETTLED twice

Sainsbury's - Awaiting court date

Co-op cc SETTLED IN FULL 2nd claim. Settled in full

National Westminster Settled in full. 2nd claim. N1 submitted

HFC bank SETTLED. HFC 2nd claim - lba sent 21/10/08 Time Retail N1 filed Argos settled in full Creation - SETTLED IN FULL

Hi all,

received statements on 40th day from halifax! charges total 7,500 quid! Feel very bitter at halifax! Like most we live very close to monthly budget! We have a newborn baby and a little boy who is unwell, im spending 15 mins here and there between looking after little ones trying to get my claim sorted asap so that we dont have to scrape for pennies! really angry that the halifax leave everything to last min to sort out! Having got that off my chest im looking for some advice if anyone can help!

Our halifax statements do not detail what each charge is for, they simply list as "charge as notified", therefore i cannot list a schedule of different charges in the prelim letter, only a total sum. Should i list and date every charge? please help, would be very grateful.:confused:

Hi Annabellafonte is right list "charges as notified" how much and date.Thats what I did.And have just finished my process and won.So you are on target and doing things right.You can only put down what is on your statements provided by the bank!No worries!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

its 14 days today since i posted the prelim letter to halifax by special delivery, and no response, SURPRISE SURPRISE! Am just getting ready to write the LBA letter to post this afternoon. Do i need to state in the letter that i will also be claiming 8% interest plus court costs if and when it goes to court in 14 days? Any advice much appreciated! Thanks.

Hi buzylizzy,

No you dont have to add anything yet. Just send the lba and then start reading up on the court stages.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

a little question! does any one know whether we can request that halifax pay back the charges by sending us a cheque instead of paying direct into our account? Or does it have to be direct into our account?

cheers.

If you require payment by cheque you need to put that in your POC.

If you owe them money, that are within their rights to put your refund towards what you owe and give you the difference.

Do you owe them any money>

Hello everyone,

I posted a thread a few days ago but didnt have time to check back till now, asked if anyone knew whether we can request refund as a cheque. Someone suggested I need to state it in POC, does that stand for particulars of claim? Have already gone through LBA stage and 14 days expires on friday, we didnt request cheque at the time though. As we owe money for credit card I am worried that they are going to put refund in account and then pinch it again straight away as they have done this kind of thing to us in the past, taking all of our wages from the account to pay towards credit card without even informing us! thereby having a knock on effect on direct debits etc...as you all know leading to charges etc!!! Hve been trying to negotiate a payment for the credit card but now we mysteriously dont seem to be able to get them to talk to us, am very suspicious that they are holding out to pinch all our money even though all problems financially up till now including mortgage arrears have resulted from their bank charges! we desperately need to hold on to the money to sort ourselves out financially and am very worried about them swallowing it all up, i hate it that they can just dip into our account whenever they feel like it! Please help and advise, having late worrying nights!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

Have received a full settlement offer from Halifax on our current account without having to go to court, although they did string it out right to the last minute! They have sent us an acceptance form which they say we must return before they can pay us the money. We are currently trying to negotiate a monthly repayment arrangement on our Halifax credit card with Solicitors, but we are really worried that until we make the arangement with the solicitors for a monthly payment based on what we can afford then the Halifax might pinch all the charges money from our curent account to repay the credit card as soon as it goes into our account. We have much more urgent plans for the money than repaying the credit card as we have mortgage arrears which were originally caused by the bank charges in the first place. Does anyone know or can you advise whether Halifax are likely to dip into our account whenever they like? and will making a arrangement on the credit card account prevent them being able to?! Please help, we are losing so much sleep and we have been through some really hard times, we desperately want the chance to start living again!

I am having a similar experience but with my overdraft facility. I have previously arranged a reducing overdraft facility but Halifax immediately removed the whole facility as soon as they agreed the refund. My overdraft currently stands at -£1492, my refund is £1972, thereby not leaving much. I too have other more pressing debts and wanted to use this money to pay those, happy in the knowledge that I could continue with my arrangement. I had already been given confirmation that the arrangement could stay from collections prior to accepting the refund. They make me sick!!!!!

They shouldn't, but then, one thing we learn with the banks is that they change the rules as suits them...

Do you do online banking? My advice is check every morning, every afternoon, every evening and as soon as the money hits the account, go and withdraw it. This way, if they try to do it, they won't be able to. I wouldn't normally advise this, but at the end of it, you are quite right, mortgage arrears are more important than a credit card.