Money sent by Natwest twice????

m.neville610
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6233 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I wonder if anyone else has had this happen to them. I took Natwest to court and they offered partil settlement of £1,046.73 out of the £1,124.73 i was claiming. I accepted as i bank with them at the mo and they paid this straight into my account after they received the signed acceptance form from me. I then told the court that we had settled and removed my claim.

On Saturday i received a letter from RBS (i believe are a part of Natwest) stating that they are willing to pay full settlement of £1,244.73 (actually more than what my claim is for) and all i have to do is keep quiet and let the court know and there was a cheque for the full amount with the letter.

What is going on? Is this a mistake and do i go and put the cheque in my bank?

I know what i want to do but don't know why this has happened. I don't even bank with RBS.:eek:

Unfortunately you need to send it back. I know the temptation is there to cash the cheque, and i would be the same, but at the end of the day they will realise their mistake and you wil have to pay it back at some stage.

Write them a nice letter advising them of their ineptitude....