• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Haigh 74 V's Halifax **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

haigh74

You do indeed need to get it right - it'll cost you to amend it once issued.

Have a steady, diligent read through this, and other N1 posts ... do not rush in to it ...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-4-particulars-claim-n1.html

This thread is also useful:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester/71583-about-start-small-claims.html

Search for others. And yes, they will cash the cheque ...

HTH,

T.

"Weasel (n): any person or group that operates in that vast grey area between good ethical behaviour and the sort of activities that might send you to jail".

:???: Really confused, i have had 3 responses to my claim for 2 bank accounts. 2 saying no go away you knew about the charges etc, came on different days and from different people, on Halifax letterhead. Am in the process of filling out the form to start court proceedings will finish this weekend. Then yesterday i get yet another letter on HBOS Headed paper from yet another person with a different list of charges for my 2 accounts one is the same anount as the previous list but the other accounts has another £350 worth of charges on.

Do you think i should phone and argue the case telling them they are appaling and they should sort it out and get back to me with my money.

or just start court proceedings, i feel i need to tell them how bad it is that they don;t seem to know what they are doing.

Does anyone have an advice for me?

i have done as much as i can so now i am in the process of the N1 form but this is what has happened, i was about the send an email to someone at the halifax

On the 16th April I sent a letter to The Halifax requesting my bank statements for the past six years, I enclosed a cheque for £10 for the statements, and gave 40 days to hear from you.

On the 23rd April – telling me you are investigating

On the 29th April - I wrote again, as I had no real reply

On the 2nd May - I received a letter with 2 pieces of paper with charges for both my Halifax accounts. Not the statements that I paid for

On the 11th May - I get a letter saying further to your letter we are still investigating and will get back to you !! Confusing when already received what I asked for

On the 14th May - I wrote back to the Halifax asking for the Bank Charges that have been charged to my account for the past 6 years to be paid back plus the interest which I believe I have been unlawfully deprived of.

On the 7th June - I get a letter saying not paying up

On the 13th June - I get a letter on HBOS letter head, headed completion of request, starting due to a technical error I might not of received the info that I requested, which I did thank you but the list of charges were different, one account was fine and the other accounts there was a big different in the charges sent to me previously, which is extremely alarming and I a, really angry cos if I had not of got this last letter I would of just been trying to claim the previous amount which was wrong.

Confusing or what??

What should i do?

Go for the one that has the highest charges - if, in the unlikely event of your and they appearing in Court, you can produce the evidence they supplied you with!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

This is my query....

16th April I sent a letter Halifax requesting my bank statements, I enclosed a cheque for £10

23rd April – letter telling me areinvestigating

29th April - I wrote again, as I had no reply

2nd May - I received a letter with 2 pieces of paper with charges for both my Halifax accounts. Not the statements that I paid for

11th May - I get a letter saying further to your letter we are still investigating and will get back to you !! Confusing when already received what I asked for

14th May - wrote back to the Halifax asking for the Bank Charges that have been charged to my account for the past 6 years to be paid back plus the interest

7th June - I get a letter from 'Sorry you are not happy we are in the right and not paying up' blah blah

13th June - I get a letter on HBOS letter head, headed completion of request, starting due to a technical error I might not of received the info that I requested, which I did, but the list of charges were different, one account was fine and the other accounts there was a big different in the charges sent to me previously

I have emailed 2 different people about this and no one replied to me, which makes me more frustrated.

TODAY, my husband just called me to say i have yet another letter with another list of charges 3rd list. WHAT IS GOING ON.

I am at the N1 form stage but i feel like i need to have it out with someone at the Halifax.

Should i carry on the with the N1? or call them??

Thanks

My first thought would be to write to the information commisioner and outline the above.Dont forget to send a copy to the Halifax

It seems that the Halifax are being underhand in what they are sending to you as well as appearing to be using delaying tactics in the hope that you will go away.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Information Commissioner!

Correct!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Just thought i would update you all on my progress.

I started all this in February and now have filed a court claim.

I did it with Money Claim on-line i keep checking the progress and i have looked today and the claim has been Acknowledged and have been given another 14 days to reply.

Has anyone else been in this position? Is it a bad sign?

30th July midnight i should hear if i have won or not!

Keep your fingers crossed for me

Michelle :|

This is standard procedure. Their defense usual consists of a statement about terms and conditions and that they have paid you.

Therefore they have to pay you soon, so they can put it in their defense.

However, they may not pay you the full amount of your claim. If they don't you can continue your claim until they do.

Its your money.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

subscribing- and here's your thread

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

it should be near the top of the list now as I posted. Try getting a mod to combine your threads, if possible.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

I've pm'd a certain SSL!

If you click on User cp at the top of the page then select subscriptions I think and view all, all your posts will be shown and you can carry on with the same post rather than start new ones.

:)

:grin: After 4 stressful months i have evetually got my money back £1196.29 Inc Court Fees and interest.

After filing a court claim on HMCS Online and paying £120 it all paid off.

In the letter they put "i have returned the form of Acknowledgment to the courts indicating that Halifax intends to defend your cliam. However, on a purely commercial basis, it will cost Halifax money to defend your cliam in terms of legal costs"

So even though they are fobbing everyone off, they still pay at the end of the day.

Go for it and don't give up, they have also said i will get taxed on the interest. There is always someone trying it on!!!

:grin:

CONGRATULATINS..!!!

You got there in the end. Well done.:D :D

Dont forget the survey..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/survey.php

And maybe a dontation..??;)

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .