Carolinelise V Abbey

carolinelise
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks

Hubby & I are taking on Abbey, for £3.3k inc interest.

We are at the stage of having claimed through MCOL and have recieved the standard defence in reply.

Today we have recieved a letter from Abbey saying that they will file a defence in due course, yet i have already recieved there defence, they obviousley dont know what there doing.

They say they dont have the details of the claim and want us to forward to them some details such as account number, details of how we calculated the claim and amount of each charge plus details of how the interest was calculated.

Do i need to send them this as it was all sent to them with the original claim?

They also want email and telephone number.

They also have this on file as.

Are they just being bone idle or difficult?

Caz & Mark

Hi caroline,

This is standard Abbey stuff. I get the impression that nothing goes between departments, so customer complaints information doesn't get passed on to the legal dept, so they have to ask for it all over again.

As for contact details, the final negotiations on settlement are usually done this way, so most people on here give e-mail rather than phone so you've got a record. But it's up to you what you feel comfortable with.

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

• 2 weeks later...

I have now recieved a letter from the courts, im not up till 10 August, so there must be quite a back log of these going through now.

The allocation questionaire has been dispensed with.

They have asked the following questions;

• A schedule setting out each charge repayment of which is sought, showing the date, ammount, and reason given for that charge being made.
  • Will the statement copies be suitable for this?
  • Copies of any statement or other document relied upon as showing that each and every charge was made.
  • Copies of statements again?
  • A statement of evidence of all matters relied upon as tending to show that the charges are irrecoverable as penalties or otherwise.
  • Would a letter from Abbey saying they have looked into the matter and found nothing wrongbe suitable for this?
  • Copies of decided cases and other legal documents to be relied upon.
  • I presume the documents within the court bundle will sort this? Are there any documents relating to recent settlements from the claims on this site available?

Any other help or advise appreciated :)

• A schedule setting out each charge repayment of which is sought, showing the date, ammount, and reason given for that charge being made.
  • Will the statement copies be suitable for this? No this is the spreadsheet
  • Copies of any statement or other document relied upon as showing that each and every charge was made.
  • Copies of statements again? Yes
  • A statement of evidence of all matters relied upon as tending to show that the charges are irrecoverable as penalties or otherwise.
  • Would a letter from Abbey saying they have looked into the matter and found nothing wrongbe suitable for this? See here for example Statement of Evidence:
  • http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/53570-new-strategy-allocation-questionnaires-3.html
  • Copies of decided cases and other legal documents to be relied upon.
  • I presume the documents within the court bundle will sort this?Yes
  • Are there any documents relating to recent settlements from the claims on this site available? There are some here:
  • http://www.worcester-networks.com/lit%20settled.xls
  • Or search in the Litgation Concluded forum here:
  • http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....um/litigation/

your nealy there now once submitted you should get an offer shortly afterwards, dont stress too much. Abbey are only really interested in the statemets and spreadsheet to check the details are correct before making an offer

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

Folks

im trying to put the Statement of evidence together to submit.

In section 7 it askes you to put an example of when i got charged for going overdrawn.

I dont have any statements that show this kind of detail, all my recent statements dont have charges, so im relying on the microfiche copies and they dont show balances, so i dont know how overdrawn i was at the time.

What can i do?

Do i need to put this into my statement of evidence? Is it a must?

Can i get away with leaving it out?

Help!

Also at the bottom of the statement of evidence, it says to attach the office of fair trading report April 2006 & House of commons early day motion May 06.

Where are they?

i have searched all over the site, but cant find them.

Yes i know im dense!

help!!!!

Mark & Caroline

EDM 2227

DEFAULT BANKING CHARGES

Goldsworthy, Julia

That this House notes with concern the exorbitant costs to customers of default charges applied to current and credit card accounts, which cause distress and alarm to consumers, and in particular to the financially vulnerable; welcomes the statement by the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) that a default charge should only be used to recover certain limited administrative costs; recognises the work by Which? to challenge excessive bank charges; commends the thousands of consumers who have challenged these default charges with their providers, many using the free information made available from Which?; and calls on current account and credit card providers to respond positively to OFT's statement

The Office of Fair Trading: Calculating fair default charges in credit card contracts (April 2006)