• Tweets

• The particulars of the claim are: 1. THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS £6,xxx.xx FOR         MONIES DUE FROM THE DEFENDANT.               2. THIS DEBT WAS PURSUANT TO A REGULATED     AGREEMENT(S) BETWEEN THE DEFENDANT AND THE   STUDENT LOANS COMPANY LIMITED.               3. THE DEFENDANT FAILED TO MAKE PAYMENTS AS  PER THE TERMS RESULTING IN THE AGREEMENT(S)  BEING TERMINATED.  NOTICE OF SUCH IS SERVED  BY A DEFAULT OR TERMINATION NOTICE SUBJECT TOTHE TERMS OF THE AGREEMENT(S).               4. THE DEBT WAS ASSIGNED TO THE CLAIMANT ON  22/11/2013, WITH A NOTICE PROVIDED TO THE    DEFENDANT.  A NEW MASTER REFERENCE NUMBER    xxxxxxxxxxxxx WAS ALSO APPLIED UPON       ASSIGNMENT.                                  5.  THE CLAIMANT HAS COMPLIED WITH THE       PRE-ACTION PROTOCOL FOR DEBT CLAIMS.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       The claimant details are: ERUDIO STUDENT LOANS LIMITED   The claim amount details are: Amount Claimed £6xxx.xx Court Fee £410.00 Solicitor Costs £100.00 Total £6xxx.xx
    • Have only invoked breathing space with the Natwest loan and Aqua have allowed me to defer payment until next month on the 6th.   All of the debts are recent (Well the last 3-5 years really) but will have to check tomorrow for the exact date.  
    • Quote(s) of the day: "“There is a real problem that this is now the third Asia-Pacific agreement in a row - Japan, Australia and now New Zealand - where more than 80 per cent of the projected growth in trade, by [the trade] department, has gone to exporters in those other countries"   - Emily Thornberry   "If Johnson will renege on the EU deal, Surely Johnson will renege on deals that bad" - me
    • Hello again    Since trying to return the bundle in-store unsuccessfully, GAME have been in contact to say they will accept back the Xbox and refund the value I purchased the bundle at minus the cost of the Fifa game as it is digital content. £250 minus £70. Obviously I had to activate the content as I had no idea it would be faulty but GAME are saying I have used it.   To me this is unsatisfactory as I believe I have a contract with GAME and GAME alone. How I would get a monetary refund from Microsoft or EA I do not know - I doubt they would even entertain the request and also, I do not believe that burden sits with me. I believe GAME should be refunding me for the cost of the bundle I purchased from them. They are the retailer. If I bought a new car and there was an issue with the tyres I wouldn't be told by the showroom to contact Goodyear (just an example).   Are they right that I have no course for a refund for the full bundle from them? Personally part refund is okay but that's £70 out of pocket. And it is more the principle that I feel they have been completely dismissive of the case, my issue and providing any level of customer service. If they are right in their stance I'll swallow this but if not I'll see it through. 😅   Any further thoughts or do I cut losses?
    • Very interesting and only recent! I also read one or two google reviews which were similar to these incidents.   pics to follow from my laptop. apologies about the quality… some too high so I had to stretch and take my best… typical the T&Cs not being visible as they should. 
  • Our picks

Northern rock trying to strike my claim out

N#1N#2

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5316 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Long story short

I recieved two letter from the courts last week

1. hearing for the bank trying to strike out my claim
  2. small claims hearing date

so I am a long way down the road and followed the procedure and guidance of the people here on this forum , Many thanks

But the bank are trying to strike out my cliam as the state that i have not clarified my particulars

the first three letter sent do not outline the particulars, so the first time is when i completed the MCOL.

So technically are the bank correct and certainly for the repayment of charges and LBA letter should we not be a bit more specific and out line the particulars to be used when issueing the MCOL or is the MCOL early enough and clear enough???

By the way the bank ignored my claim, and default judgement then we agreed to a set aside??

Any advice as I feel that i am a fish out of water on this one and tend to agree with them.

But not giving up

bjberry

they could be right, have you got a post where you have posted details of your claim?

If you can point people to your thread that would be good.

there has been a lot of this espcailly for those using MCOL.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Glenn UK

Try this link???

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/61255-northern-rock-ask-set-3.html

Over the weekend i have sent the POC letter that is in the bank letters section asn advised by Alanfromderby.

Will this resolve the issue???

However I need tp prepare to attend the hearing so any advice would be appeciated

Id say if you have posted and received advice from Alan then its likely to be good advice.

If you post the same question in several places you are likely to get conflicting advice from people who don't know what else has been said.

Its best to stick to one thread and if your not happy with the advice your receiving then send a link by pm to whoever it is you want to look.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Glenn

OK will stick to one thread however i was trying to raise the issue with other certainly in the NR group to ensure that they do not fall down the same trap,as they may not have followed my original thread as it relates to the NR asking for a set aside.

Also some Mods, senior helpers might recognise this separately.

I have every confidence in Alan and have followed his advice all they way through, i will post my question back on that thread also.