Carphone Warehouse/Talk

Marjory

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5316 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help. I received a telephone call about two years ago. The caller said he was phoning from BT and as a BT customer I was ellible for discount prices. He told me about a new BT package which I agreed to. The caller told me to qualify for this package he would need my bank details as I would have to pay by Direct Debit. Two weeks after the call I discovered a direct debit to Carphone Warehouse on my bank account I cancelled it right away. Two days later my phone line was disconnected when I called BT I was told I was no longer a customer of theirs I had switched to Carphone/Talk. Since then Carphone have sent me a bill for £143 I refuse to pay it as I never wanted their service. Now I am contsantly harrassed by debt collecting companies who are taking me to court over this, the amount has risen to almost £300 now.:mad: Hope this makes sense, I writer I am not.

Bt should have sent you a transfer notice at some point. I know this because I was with BT but I willingly changed to Talk Talk. I went into the carphone warehouse and they did the switch for me, which I had to sign for. A week later I received a letter from BT saying 'sorry you are leaving' etc,

I am amazed that BT didn't contact you at all as soon as you were transferred to another company.

I don't know what to say to you but surely you should have signed a contract if you did agree to switch to talk talk, couldn't you ask to see it??

Settled at 50%

Clydesdale £155. Should have been £310 charges, plus interest :( Husbands Account.

SETTLED IN FULL:

MBNA £1230. For Hubby.

Halifax £39.

RBS £342. For Hubby.

Cap One £200.

Abbey:

:D Settled in FULL April 18th 2007. £5179.83 Paid but what a long battle!

:D

COMPENSATION OF £100 ON 14/04/08 FOR CONTINUED HARASSEMENT.

Hi Kerrie,

Many thanks for your reply. No, I didn't receive any letter from BT, though they did say they had sent one. I have constantly told Carphone and there debot collectors RSJ to supply me with some form of contract or agreement, they say for official reasons they cannot, I know they cannot because I did not sign or even verbally agree to their services.

Cheers