Barclays debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6206 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My son has just received a letter from a debt collecting agent saying that he owes just over £600 but they will accept immediate payment of £500. When he enquired what the debt was, apparantely they had taken the debt from Barclays and it was money my son owed from approximately 8 years ago. This was a complete shock to him and he is vaguely aware that this could be the case but is unsure and has now way of checking up. Any suggestions if this is legally claimable after such a length of time and if so, how can he check it all out?

My son has just received a letter from a debt collecting agent saying that he owes just over £600 but they will accept immediate payment of £500. When he enquired what the debt was, apparantely they had taken the debt from Barclays and it was money my son owed from approximately 8 years ago. This was a complete shock to him and he is vaguely aware that this could be the case but is unsure and has now way of checking up. Any suggestions if this is legally claimable after such a length of time and if so, how can he check it all out?

Claire, the debt (if 6 years old) is statute barred and unenforceable..As long as no contact has been made, either by payment toward a debt or written acknowledgment of it, then there's nothing to worry about. A lot of Debt Collection Agency's try this on..Who is the DCA in question?

• Haha 1

Just hate every DCA out there

Thanks for your response - greatly appreciated. It is FDB International. I was sure there was something about time limits but have been unable to find something. Do you know where I could actually locate this information to be able to quote it please?

Thanks for your response - greatly appreciated. It is FDB International. I was sure there was something about time limits but have been unable to find something. Do you know where I could actually locate this information to be able to quote it please?

...I ll find it for you

Thanks so much. Just from your saying about the 'statute barred', I had already managed to find the information you pointed me to - sorry you wasted your time. I really appreciate this and hope that we are able to sort it all out.

This is the first time I have actually used the forum although have looked through it on many occasions. I am really impressed. Keep up the good work everybody. Thanks again.

Clare... FDP are even debt collectors per say. They are not registered as being able to share your Data etc...

What they are doing is highly illegal and I would report them immediately to your Local Trading Standards office...Don't ever speak to them on the phone again either...this (what they are doing) is a big NO NO...