Relayman vs NatWest

relayman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6117 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody

I sent my first letter to NatWest on 4 March 2007 and received no response, so I sent the LBA on the 18 March 2007 and have once again received no response, should I be worried?

Also, as you can see by the dates, I am now due to take the next step which I belive is Small Claims Courts. Where do I start?!? Any help is much appreciated. The claim is for £3400.00.

Thanks Relayman.

That could be the reason they have delayed your claim

Having read through lots of threads around, I found out that claiming interest at the onset actually delays the claim: Offcourse they will pay up eventually, but insisting on the interest at the initial stages clearly has an effect on the duration of the claim. This is just my opinion, but I personally think It does work out that way

I sent my LBA (without interest) on 07/03/07, got a response for full settlement on 30/03/07, as simple as that: But in between, lots of phone calls to Natwest (just to pester them lol)

I would advice you to phone them and make It clear that you intend to file a claim anytime should you not hear from them

Hi mtamu

Yes, I claimed interest in the first letter and re-calculated the interest in the LBA letter.

I intend to re-calculate again for this next step.

Cheers Relayman

C-L-A-I-M-E-D £1000 W-O-N £1000

Thanks mtamu

Problem is, if you phone NatWest you get some no-brainer who doesn't really care and you can almost hear them saying 'whatever, do I look bovvered'.

I'll file my MCOL and see what happens.

Thanks for all your help.

Relayman

Thats absolutely true, they never seem to be bothered - but I worked out a way of dealing with them over the phone - just notify them that you are/will be recording the conversation for your own records - It works wonders - they will treat your query with utmost importance

Anyway, good luck and don't forget to give us updates as you proceed along

C-L-A-I-M-E-D £1000 W-O-N £1000

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

Filed small claims against NatWest with MCOL, received a letter of acknowledgement advising that they were going to defend against whole amount via Cobbetts.

Received a letter yesterday from Stuart Higley @ NatWest offering us the full amount minus interest.

We want to reject this offer and continue the claim including the interest and court costs.

Where do we go from here? Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks Relayman

Thank you,

We will get the letter off on monday and try and rattle a few more people.We are almost there,just got to clai the interest and court costs.

We will keep you posted

Relayman

• 3 weeks later...

Update - Rejected Stuart Higley's offer, Bank filed a full defence 2 days before judgement was due, received cpr 18 request which we returned with no further information as suggested.

Today I received a letter from Northampton Courts, informing me of change of courts, to a local court, and that the allocation questionnaire be dispensed with in this case.

Is this normal practise, or should I be concerned?

Seems to be getting to be normal practice from cobblers! Have a look here - just for peace of mind Frequently Asked Questions plus the nat west stickys as there're loads of cases that have faced this. Yet another delaying tactic from cobblers methinks!!!!!!

Good luck, hedgey xxxxxxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

After reading the link, there is a request for £100 payment, is this correct, as here is a paragraph taken from my letter.

1. The filing of an allocation questionnaire be dispensed with in this case unless the District Judge at the court of transfer orders otherwise.

Advice please

Has the judge definitely dispensed with the AQ????

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Sounds like standard cobblers from cobblers to be honest relayman!!!! don't worry about it, just do a search on this on the search-bar on the controller user panel. I've just done one, and there's loads of cases at the same stage/been there. Have a read through this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/80091-your-court-dispensing-allocation.html?highlight=court+dispensed+with+allocation+questionairre You're on your way and you're nearly there - just gotta get through a bit more cr*p from cobblers before the cheque pops through the letterbox!!!!!!!! xxxxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Good luck relayman........... you're almost at the finishing post now!!! xxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

update - 17th May received letter from Cobbetts and I quote -

You have forwarded a schedule of charges incurred on your National westminster PLC bank account. It is noted that a number of charges that you are claiming are unusually high, for example bla bla

As it is the duty of a claimant to substantiate the basis of their claim, please therefore provide an amended schedule of bank charges that states the exact nature of each charge you are claiming or your bank statements for the date indicated above.

Firstly, surely it is the job of a solicitor to find out the information not me, as they are defending, and secondly, I find it laughable to quote some of the charges are unusually high, when in fact it was Nat west who initiated the charges.

What shall I do now in response to this letter, or has anyone else received a similar letter and what was the outcome.

Thanks

Thats very strange. On one of my claims the bank came back to me and told me there were some wrong amounts on my charge spread sheet. Why Cobblers have questioned your charge sheet is unusual. Write to them and ask them to identify the charges they are querying. They could have found this info by asking the bank themselves. Better to be safe than sorry. Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

update- Whilst checking my charges i find a amount debited from my account for £1380. This was for a item called PLP Premium. Can anyone tell me what this is and why they took this amount from me?

• 1 month later...

Hi all

After a long deliberated wait, Cobblers tried to have me over a plp premium shown in the payments , and gave me lots of grief. Meanwhile, Natwest offered me £2550 as a goodwill gesture and I accepted. They paid the money direct into my account within 2 days, and I immediately tranferred the money to another bank I have and closed Natwest account forthwith. Thank you all very much for your advice and help, and I will tell everyone to come to this forum for support.

Relayman