Barclays Termination Notice

ianandemma

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5324 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone and can i take this opportunity to say Hi.

I have 2 bank accounts. One is a Barclays card Cash account. The other a Natwest card cash only account.

I originally switched over to Natwest to do my main banking because they offered me more services (Standing Order Facility) AND online banking which Barclays do not offer either.

It is the Barclays I have a problem with; it is not a current account so it has no overdraft and should never go overdrawn.

Since I stopped using the account I have incurred charges of £51.71.

I am not clear about what the £51.71 debt is actually for but I have recieved a letter that says -

Termination Notce - Barclays Cash card Account.

In accordance with Sections 76(1) and 98(1) of the consumer credit act 1974.

Important you should read this carefully.

It is a term of your agreement with the bank that the full amount outstanding on your account is repayable on demand at any time. Persuant to that term, the bank hereby terminates your agreement with effect from 16/04/2007 and makes demand for full and immediate repayment of the balance (£51.71DR) with effect from that date. In the meantime no further drawings on the account will be permitted.

If you do not settle the balance on your account the Bank may transfer the responsibility for recoveery of the debt to one of its recovery units or agents with a view to taking action for recovery.

If you have difficulty in paying any sum owing under the agreement, you can apply to the court, which may make an order allowing you or any surety more time.

If you are not sure what to do, you should get in touch with CAB etc....

Mrs L James

Senior Collections Manager.

Thanks for your help, any is much appreciated.

Ian

Hi Ian i would pay this asap then continue with claim for return of charges, they will default you if you dont pay it although you could fight for the removal as it was made up of charges, however best to avoid it in the first place. Are they closing the account because of your claim, if you believe so then report them.

• Haha 1

Hi Bigmac,

Thanks for your prompt response.

I haven't made a claim I have just had the letter. I would like to know exactly what the charges are for before I pay the bill to be honest. If it means paying so I don't get a default I will but I would rather halt the situation to be honest until they give me some more information.

Has anyone else been in this situation? I think the charges are for money accrued as direct debit not paid as not enough funds cleared. I left 2 of the Direct Debits runing on the account after I moved bank. This is what put the debit balance on the account.

Thanks again,

Ian

Ok so it is charges for D/D refusals, honestly the process of claiming these back will more than likely take you over the timescale they are advising you of passing over, this is when you will be defaulted, pay it then claim it, good luck.

For the amount involved i dont see them letting this reach court stages, once paid send them a prelim letter giving 14 days to respond, then send LBA giving another 14 days before court action.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.html

Brilliant, I like te letter. So if I do go back over all my old statements and find any other charges for direct debits i can make a claim at the same time. -- How successful will I be do you think?

Hi Ianandemma,

I've moved your thread into the Barclays forum so that you can get lots of support from other Barclays claimers.

Do pay the amount demanded as Bigmac advises. The consequences of a default on your credit file are dire and its a real struggle to get them removed.

Once you have paid up you can make a request for all your past statements using the SAR template in the bank templates library and claim back all the charges they have imposed.

Best of luck

Zoot

Thx Zoot.

If you follow the advice on here you will get your money back, have you got all your statements, if so send the prelim, have a read at other threads in the forum, this will let you see the process of claiming, have a look in the FAQ's also.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Also, you will probably find, that if you go into your branch to pay the outstanding amount and make a complaint about it, as the account is no longer being used they will more than likely refund you there and then. especially when they know you are going to claim.

find out if you had the 'Additions' facility on your account, this may be where the charges are from.

• Haha 1

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.