ignored offer.....and more charges added!

stitch05

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have an Argos card and I am in the process of claiming back charges. I am behind with the payments, so I offered to pay a small amount each month.

They have completely ignored me... and I have received a letter from someone called Moorcroft, who say I have to pay them the full amount and have added £12 on to the debt for writing to me!

This seems unfair, I wrote to Argos with a breakdown of all incomings/outgoings and explained my financial situation so they could see that I only have a small amount left over to pay debts.

Could anyone advise me if they have acted unfairly? thanks!

thanks Bigmac,

The letter is quite intimidating it has PRE-COURT DIVISION in large red text..:o

they say... 'we are agents of Argos' ...they go on.. 'send a cheque to 'Moorcroft Debt Recovery' and...

'...we have had to resort to sending this letter and as per the terms and conditions of your agreement we have added £12 to above balance'

....they did'nt have to resort to it...I was willing to pay...all be it a small amount!

I will post CCA tomorrow, just wondering should I post to Argos or Moorcroft? Moorcroft have given me 7 days to respond, and feel worried about ignoring them in case they add more charges.....or worse....should I write to them both? appreciate any advice! thank you!:)