cuddles V Nationwide

cuddles159

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5308 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Further to my first thread. I have just received a reply from nationwide, just within the 14 days. The letter was quite horrible and basically says that if I carry on with my claim then I am not abiding my terms and conditions of the account and that my bank account will be closed. After speaking to my husband for over £2000 we are willing to change banks, there loss really.

just opening up new bank account first then going to write the next letter.

Can anyone just confirm to me that I am doing the right thing!

Also does anyone know what will happen as my account currently has a £1800 overdraft which we are up to, if I close the account then the overdraft will just be sitting there but then again they have £2000 that should be paid back to me. which would clear it off.

Thanks

Cuddles

Let us know how you get on, have you gone to court stage yet and filed a claim?.... if so Im expecting this reply, I thought I read somewhere that it was unlawfull for them to close your account within 30 days of you making a complaint and this may also be answerable, saw this on money saving expert site.

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

Hi cuddles

I think you are taking the letter too personally, as if customer care and loyalty still meant anything in the banking sector. This is another pathetic tool used to try to put you off reclaiming the charges that they have systematically and unlawfully taken from all of us.

I am in a very similar position to yourself, running a high OD with Nationwhine and am about to file court papers after receiving a letter like yours and having no response to my LBA. They appear to have stopped closing accounts now following payout, so it is likely that they would not try to close your account purely on the basis of claiming. If you want to move that's your choice, but do ask yourself if any other bank is really any better. If you do answer yes to that I suggest you mail the news to the website:D

Regarding the OD, these are always repayable on demand, so the bank can recall this at any time, as per your agreement when you ran it up. I expect that like me, you get away with a high OD because you pay a lot in each month. If you stop doing this, then in my experience any bank will likely withdraw it or reduce it, regardless of the reclaiming issue.

My personal advice would be not to move the account while the large OD is still owed. Always have another account in case, but if you do want to switch your dealings perhaps better to decide this when there is no longer the threat of Nationwhine recalling the OD.

Swings and roundabouts really.

Varangian Guard

Problem you may have is that if they demand the OD back and you dont have the funds to do this they will pass to a DCA and they will default you, you will not be settled earlier than they can default you unfortunately but the default can be argued over though as your charges/penalties made up the entire OD, hope this makes sense.

great thanks for your experiences.skeggs

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

What are you guys thoughts on the barrister who is going to court Monday? if he looses and the bank wins surely its game off for all of us?

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON