Whistle Blower?

AndyGFLees
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If there any any Whistle Blowers out there that have access to the Beneficial Finance database, I am trying to find the account number that I had when my account was open - they claim to have no record of it despite me supplying full address details.

If you would like to help "off forum" you can mail me on

Thanks

There are other ways of finding this information.

The bank you paid from will have a record of the account number used, so SAR them and go from there.

Is this a case of them rolling the original loan into another one ?

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

I think a SAR would be the best approach in this case as well.

That way if they have any information about you, they will send it out. It could be worth contacting the branch you obtained the load from if you haven't already.

Completed:

Woolwich: Received £30

Intelligent Finance: Received £1100 after two years and approximately 20 letters, 6 pieces of hair and an eyeball.

Barclaycard: Received £90

HFC: Received £170

Tricky.

Is there any references to this account on your credit file which you could use as leverage should you need to make another request?

Completed:

Intelligent Finance: Received £1100 after two years and approximately 20 letters, 6 pieces of hair and an eyeball.

I thought that may be so giving the .fr at the end of your email address.

Definately worth seeing if you have anything on your report if you still have one.

Was there anything in particular you wanted to query on this account?

Completed:

Yes, I want to check the charges that were made, so I neec all of the statements.

Hi

There are several ways of finding your account details and any branch of Beneficial Finance can do it.

They can search for your account details by using your surname and date of birth. Each customer has a unique CIF number (Customer Information Form) which stays with you long after your last account with them was closed. To say they can't find it is very curious. It may be harder if you have an unusual surname or if it is easy to make a spelling mistake.

Failing that, you could always obtain one of the cheques that you paid to them. On the back, they will have either written or typed your account number with them. This is so they know which account to reverse the cheque off if the cheque bounced.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help but I have just found out that the Beneficial section was on a different number and they found my details straight away. For reference that number was 0870 010 0453.

Thanks everyone.