Loan - demanding repayment after claiming bank charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Can anyone help me please? I am concerned about reclaiming my bank charges as I have taken a loan out with Halifax and therefore am worried that they can demand payback of all the loan immediately as well as closing my account. I know that there's a chance they could close my account but do you know if, legally, they could demand the imediate payback of all the loan?

Would appreciate any help and guidance on this matter.

Thank you

TheyrCriminals

The only thing I can suggest is that you read through your loan agreement carefully. Check to see if there is a clause that says the bank can demand repayment of your loan at any time.

I think (but can't say for sure) that they can only demand repayment if you fail to keep to the terms of the agreement, for example if you miss payments.

Without knowing the ins and outs of the contract you signed, I don't know if you're likely to get detailed advice on this one. Sorry.

Hi,

My understanding (though im not a lawyer or anything) is that the loan relates to a seperate credit agreement, therefore it is nothing to do with your current account. Im currently claiming £1700 from HSBC, and i owe them £5k under a managed loan, but they havent mentioned it at all. I think it breaks the banking code if they do something like that, which gives you even more strength in court.

But please do your own research, and make your own decision, id hate to be responsible for any trouble you may get into.

Good luck,

Ross

• 4 months later...

Hi, I can only agree with the previous posts, as my knowledge here is pretty slim. but 1. the loan should be a separate account, and 2 they cannot close your account. if they do you have the right to complain to the F.S.O. try to read up on some threads with along similar lines. I am sure that someone whith more knowledge than me will be along with much better advice. Good luck

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

No. Loan is an agreement in its own right. Nothing to do with reclaiming your current account charges. If you have an agreed overdaft, same applies.

You must however keep to the agreement terms and maintain payments. If you did not, then they could commence default actions.

With the overdaft, keep to the terms.

Any advice given by me is based solely on my experience in claiming, my experience in CAG or my opinion. I have no legal background. I want to encourage others to reclaim what is theirs.

Got a DCA breaking OFT guidance. Complain to the OFT about the DCA. Help put an end to these practices-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/155095-complain-oft-about-unfair.html#post1652270

Register with CAG today, its free, its a great community:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/register.php

[email protected].

Thankyou Kennythecelt:)