Zulfia vs. Natwest

Zsatimbai
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Just joined the action group and think of claiming chargeback and interest from Natwest current account and credit cards. I opened account with natwest in august 2004 and don't think it will be a big amount. However, i also want to claim money for my sister who left UK as she had lots of penalty charges from NW and Barclay since she was forgetting to check her bank account when abroad. I hope it is not too late as i heard that from April 2007 it could be more difficult?

Zulfia

Hello

Just joined the action group and think of claiming chargeback and interest from Natwest current account and credit cards. I opened account with natwest in august 2004 and don't think it will be a big amount. However, i also want to claim money for my sister who left UK as she had lots of penalty charges from NW and Barclay since she was forgetting to check her bank account when abroad. I hope it is not too late as i heard that from April 2007 it could be more difficult?

Zulfia

Hi if you are thinking of impending report then oFT or whoever only report they do not change the law so no changes as yet till our MP's get off their rears.dpick:cool:

Thanks! I am going to drop in the local branch and ask statements paying 5 pounds per request tomorrow. The branch clerks were always helpful and hope retrieving bank statements for current account and credit card will be a snap. Though posts in the forum reveal weird attachment of bank employeers to money they actually do not own...

Thanks! I am going to drop in the local branch and ask statements paying 5 pounds per request tomorrow. The branch clerks were always helpful and hope retrieving bank statements for current account and credit card will be a snap. Though posts in the forum reveal weird attachment of bank employeers to money they actually do not own...

Hi is that £5 per request or £5 per statement. If per statement then use SAR letter from templates library with a £10 fee for 6 years of statements

they then have 40 days to produce them. Most bank branches will accept letter nd forward to relavant office, if they wont then they should give you office address and send registered delivery(I allways try to send to full address not po box) all the best dpick:p

Hi Zsatimbai,

Welcome to the site.

Yes do be careful. It is often 5.00 per statement. It is advisable to use the SAR from the templates library to ensure compliance within the 40 days which can be enforced through the courts. The 10.00 will cover both the credit card and the current account.

Best of luck with your claim

Zoot

Hi guys If you read Nat West charges pamphlet it says £5 per request… that means £5 for any request for statement, for how ever long, and not per statement…. As far as the number of accounts, that is arguable. I would say that if your request was for 5 accounts then that is one request, and therefore £5, others would say that was 5 requests… My advise for what it’s worth is go for the SAR and pay £10 get all statements for all your accounts and then claim back the £10 when you make a claim….

Shadrach

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22nd Jan 2007

Prilim letter sent asking for £683 + £93.67 interest Total =£776.67

LBA 2nd April

N1 filed 23rd April 8%

Claim settled in FULL £969.93 30th May 2007

• 3 weeks later...

I ma preparing the SAR letter. The letter should begin with my account number. Can i also include my credit card number as it was issued by the same bank? In this case should I start the letters as follows :

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: [current account number] and [credit card number]

?

Will it be correct?

P.S. Sorry, was a bit distracted from this action and discussion by holidays in Europe. Was a great trip which filled me with energy to fight NW!

I ma preparing the SAR letter. The letter should begin with my account number. Can i also include my credit card number as it was issued by the same bank? In this case should I start the letters as follows :

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: [current account number] and [credit card number]

?

Will it be correct?

P.S. Sorry, was a bit distracted from this action and discussion by holidays in Europe. Was a great trip which filled me with energy to fight NW!

Hi yes include both accounts but only one 10 fee as fee is for one sar not number of accounts good luck dpick:)

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Hello,

what a hectic day. I first sent off SAR letter with recorded delivery to NW, enclosing check. Once I got back to the computer and went into forum, I saw that people could get statements for free calling up NW. So I tried the number 0845 711 4477 and they said they will send all statments free of charge. They also asked why i need statements. So I just told them I want to claim charges back. So, they were helpful, and said after I get all the statements and calculate amount i wanna claim with the bank, I should to write to their Customer Relations Unit and gave their address as well.

Inspired with the success, I also called up the credit card unit (i had to call separately) on the number given on my credit card and asked the statements. The woman on the line also asked for reasons, I told why, and after some hesitation, she said i will get statements in two-three working days. i forgot to clarify if i am going to be charged. Hope not as then they will have to warn me?

I went back to the post office to retrieve my SAR letter and cheque - but was late!

I think HECTIC caught up with you. Never mind another day tomorrow. ;)

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Is she a pink hippo as well ? I bet she lives in a river in Africa some where. :D

Joking apart how would the banks know she lived abroad ?

• 2 weeks later...

Just to tell I got all my current account statements as requested from the Natwest. The charges varies between 4.85 to 25 pounds but most fo them are 12 and 10 pounds charges. Can I still claim all the charges back or they will deduct some minimal fee for administration and damage to bank?

I also receive one credit card statement for the month I started banking with Natwest though I asked for all the statements from the beginning month till now. I think they may have made a mistake.

You can claim any relevant charges in full

But not monthly account fees, the £4.25 ones sound like monthly account fees

Check the sticky 'what can I claim' thread to be sure

Not hijacking or anything but I'd be grateful for an answer too my 'sister' question, I'm looking at you Parkvale, the abroad is irrelevant but I can't really sign letters in her name so in what capacity do I act for her that the banks will accept?

Hello,

I got letter from the Retail Regulatory Risk team of Natwest. They confirm that they received my request for copy statements and acknowledging receipt of the 10 pound payment. Everything sounds nice but then the third paragraph entitled "Manual Intervention" makes me anxious.

It says:

"With reference to your request concerning any "manual intervention" to the administrative charges debited, these charges have been processed in accordance with the terms and conditions of our current agreement with you as a result of the activity on your account. In the event that you breach the terms and conditions, we will take the appropriate action, contacting customers when appropriate, or handling customer enquiries regarding their account status. When a customer has raised a concern in relation to this process, the decision will be communicated to the customer and where appropriate noted on the account. "

Does it mean that "manual intervention" has been written on my bank statements if I have "breached the terms and conditions"? Or it means that I could have breached the terms and conditions by requesting this information?

too legal for me..

Hello,

I got letter from the Retail Regulatory Risk team of NatWest. They confirm that they received my request for copy statements and acknowledging receipt of the 10 pound payment. Everything sounds nice but then the third paragraph entitled "Manual Intervention" makes me anxious.

It says:

"With reference to your request concerning any "manual intervention" to the administrative charges debited, these charges have been processed in accordance with the terms and conditions of our current agreement with you as a result of the activity on your account. In the event that you breach the terms and conditions, we will take the appropriate action, contacting customers when appropriate, or handling customer enquiries regarding their account status. When a customer has raised a concern in relation to this process, the decision will be communicated to the customer and where appropriate noted on the account. "

Does it mean that "manual intervention" has been written on my bank statements if I have "breached the terms and conditions"? Or it means that I could have breached the terms and conditions by requesting this information?

too legal for me..

Hi what they probable mean is that as a norm the charges are generated by computer and a letter of intent to charge at such and such a date is also sent by computer with a computer generated sig. If they send you anything else then this would be manual intervension IE a human being would be involved(if they do have any). The long and short of my responce from Halifax was their was no manual intervension on my account.

good luck dpick:mad: get your money back

• 2 months later...

Hello - sorry for silence. I was away for more than a month travelling. I got a package arriving somewhere around 15 June with my bank statements from August 2004. However, they didn't enclose any credit card statements and they didn't send them so far separately as well. Shall I wait some more time?

Is it normal to have bank statements arrive without credit card statements, in view of me asking for both?

NW usually send bank statements in two batches, post and pre 2004

But if the first batch arrived in June then that's your lot I reckon, this might be to do with phoning, they frequently lie over the phone, but if you sent off a SAR then they were bound to comply with it, there's a non complaince template for this, perhaps call them and remind them, mention you're about to send off a SAR non compliance and complain to the Ombudsman or whoever it is