Neal vs Coop

mnealio
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, so pleased I found this site, it's great by the way! without this site I would have never have claimed for the charges put on my account.

But i need to pre-warn you all I'm a bit slow at anything like this and I do need things explained to me in IDIOT TERMS.

I posted my SAR on saturday (31st March), unfortunately I didin't send it recorded (i know i should have)

sorry but i have a few questions.............. should I give them 40 days from the day of posting the letter or give them time to recieve it? or like some of the pages I have read on here should I wait until they cash my cheque?

I really need you guys to bare with me as I think I will have a lot of questions and need things explained to me as time goes on (hope you don't mind)

leave them a couple of days for posting, I didnt send mine registered and got the details a few days prior to the deadline being reached - also they wont cash the cheque - they dont charge for the service - they will just return it.

All these letters are great but bit confusing:confused: for me anyway! ;)

Obviously the 40 days aren't up yet but nearer the time should i send them another letter telling them they have so many days remaining? or should I just leave it until the 40 days are up?

Personally would wait until time is up and then follow up with phone call to them and report the breach under the Data Protection Act to the Information Commissioner. From what I have read on the various threads though it is likely that you simply sit tight and the information will find its way to you.

• 3 weeks later...

What I did with Natiowide was send them a letter one week before the SAR was up then I telephoned them with 48 hours notice!!!

Cor blimely charlie - the chap was flabbergasted!!!

Guess what - yep it all arrived neatly bound on day 40!!!

Theres nothing wrong with giving them a jiffy along - I just wouldnt do it yet!!!

:-x Kennsignton Mortage Company

:-x GE Captial

:-x Welcome Car Finance

thanks for the info, the 40 days will be up May 9th, but how can i be sure that they received it because like i mentioned earlier i did not send it recorded delivery, also shelter pie if i ring them what will I say, don't want to ring them and make myself look too stupid ;)

could anyone advise me as it's coming close to the 40 day dealine and i really need helpin what to do next? If i don't receive anything by the 9th May does this mean they havn't getting my SAR? as like i said i didin't send it recorded delivery

From reading other threads with the co-op, they are taking just about 40 days to give the SAR information. Wait until the 40 days are up and if you have not received anything contact the call centre and if you want to, report them to the Information Commissioner. I can't see why your letter should have gone astray purely because you didn't send it recorded, however in the future make sure you do as it is important for the timescales and your reords.

Hope it helps.

Hi,

Just to let your know I received my list of charges this morning, nothing like i expected (even though i dunno what I expected lol) basically on the sheets it says the DATE /COMMISION / COMISSION REFUND /DEBIT INTEREST/ FEES / FEES REFUND what can i claim back? is it the Comission/debit interest/fees?? and once i've worked out how to do the spreadsheet do i send the LBA?

another thing in the spread sheet where it has written "cleared transaction" unpaid dd charge" etc etc do i type over the top of that whether it's a Comission charge or Debit Interest charge? also i read earlier that I can charge them interest at the rate they charged me? can someone help please?? need to get this done tonight as i can only print it off at work tomorrow! Thanks

Posted by Bolton1 (in Timescales thread)

You can claim for commission less commission refunded and fees less fees refunded, I wouldn't bother with the debit interest as it's impossible to work out which percentage of it relates to the penalty charges and doesn't really amount to much anyway. Also you need to look out for unusual amounts in the commission column as these could be where you have used your card abroad and these could be transaction fees which also need to be deducted. In the fees column if you have a privilege account you also pay an amount each month for that typically ranging between £6 and £8.50 as it has gone up over the years, these also nedd to be deducted, they are not always explicit and if you have some fees at the same time as the privilege accouont money comes out they will be lumped together.

Bolton I've done mine wrong and posted it, crap, I applied for Comission, Fees and debit interest, I havn't minus the £6 & £8.50 for my privledge account, also I have left the 8% interest on....................what will i do now????

Calm Down, it's only a claim!! LOL. They will amend it anyway however if it's just the prelim you have sent, put the correct figures on the LBA after the14 days with an explanatory note. Remember that the statutory interest isn't added until you file in court

Phew, thats alright then, Yeah it was just the prelim that i posted today, i'll wait until i know that they have received the LPA then give them the 14 days and then post the CORRECT charges LOL, right so just to get this straight I can apply for:

Commission

Comission Refund

Fees

Fees Refund

Minus the £6 & £8.50 charges for my Privledge Account. ohhh and of course the 8% interest

I'm so sorry to be such a pain with all these questions!

No you can't. When you send the LBA ( Letter Before Action) amend the charges etc that you have made a mistake on, with a new spreadsheet. You must deduct the commission refunded and the fees refunded as well as the other stuff that we 'spoke' about. Do not include the 8% interest at this stage. When they do not pay up after the LBA, then you add the interest when you file in court, plus the court fees of course:) .

Hope it helps.

Have a great B/H Weekend . Hold the CAG faith!!

received letter from them today saying they were sorry to hear they havn't met the high standards etc etc etc

They also say that one of their colleagues will be in touch within the next 4 weeks and that they have attatched information about their complaints procedures (they must have forgot to enclose that) lol

What do i do now send the LBA with the corrected spreadsheet or do i wait until the 14 days is up then send it i'm a bit confused with the dates

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Well if it's 14 normal days and not 14 working days they have until Tuesday (5th) to pay me, if not I shall then be filing my MCOL.

fingers crossed i hear from them before hand