At what point would you sign a CCA for credit card please?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im being chased by DCA for unpaid credit card bill. Just about to CCA them as they left many messages on my phone, yet to speak to them in person.

I got the card in 2003 and know I signed the original application form when I was asked on the street if I wanted a credit card, but nothing else im pretty sure. Would they use that as the CCA if it went to court?

P.s it was originally handed over to a DCA in January then a month I get a letter from another DCA saying they are now the agent of the account. I dont understand why the original DCA would give after just one month.

any good advice would be great

Im being chased by DCA for unpaid credit card bill. Just about to CCA them as they left many messages on my phone, yet to speak to them in person.

I got the card in 2003 and know I signed the original application form when I was asked on the street if I wanted a credit card, but nothing else im pretty sure. Would they use that as the CCA if it went to court?

P.s it was originally handed over to a DCA in January then a month I get a letter from another DCA saying they are now the agent of the account. I dont understand why the original DCA would give after just one month.

Can I point you toward s49 of the CC Act Consumer Credit Act 1974 This version of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 has simply been scanned in from a printed copy. Scroll down and see what it says :)

Just hate every DCA out there

blair oliver scott, it was originally with now with EOS solutions

no letter to say in between it was being handled by another DCA.

Thnaks for the link btw, but I was after other peoples thoughts and experiences to when they signed a DCA.

blair oliver scott, it was originally with now with EOS solutions

no letter to say in between it was being handled by another DCA.

Thnaks for the link btw, but I was after other peoples thoughts and experiences to when they signed a DCA.[/quote]

I dont understand what you mean here :-?

Also that link I gave you could be very relevant...It might make the whole agreement unenforceable, did you read s49 of the CC Act?

Just hate every DCA out there

They might try to present it as a valid agreement. Whether it is or not depends on what is in the document you signed. The only way to find out is to send your request and wait to see what you get back. Once you have the document (if it is ever sent) you can then examine it critically and draw your own conclusions.

If you need any help in looking at the documents post here and we will give you some further advice. Good luck.