Halifax - no human contact allowed!?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't know if this is in the right place but I have a gripe with Halifax. I went into my branch to pay in £300 in cash. There were three people serving (?) but I was told that I was no longer allowed to pay in money over the counter and had to use either the machine or the box ( literally just a hole in the wall within the branch). If I pay the cash into the machine it is not available till the next day (it had to be in my acount that day so that the following day a SO for my mortgage was honoured) and if I pay it into the hole in the wall it's not shown as available until a human being (one of the three serving) had counted it and tapped it into the system. As there was no-one else in the branch, why could no-one take my money? I did not want to risk putting into the hole (who would?) and I couldn't put it into the machine (an old machine that doesn't verify the cash immediately) because then it wouldn't've been available for the mortgage. When I spoke to the manager, she said it was part of their terms and conditions. Also part of their terms and conditions is they take TEN days on this particular account to clear a cheque. I have tried upgrading to their less cr*p account but my credit history is PANTS mainly due to their and Natwest's charges (see my sig). Are they allowed to do this? Apparently I am now not allowed to go to a cashier FOR ANYTHING with their basic Visa Electron account, I am only allowed to deal with the machine. The guy who sat behind the glass telling me this seemed not to realise that one day this will mean he is replaced by a cash machine.

Successfully reclaimed £13k in 2007. A bit exhausted now. Still have Post Fear but don't hide from the postman any more.