Where did I agree to that?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just wondered if anyone can remember the procedure for getting a Barclaycard and what you have to do to agree or decline Payment Protection Insurance.

A friend asked for a copy of her agreement and received a photocopy which has a heavy bar code stamp over the box where a signature would have gone. The photocopy is very dark and it isn't possible to make out whether she signed it or not.

She has no grounds for claiming misselling so has to try and prove she didn't agree to it in the first place.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John.

I just wondered if anyone can remember the procedure for getting a Barclaycard and what you have to do to agree or decline Payment Protection Insurance.

A friend asked for a copy of her agreement and received a photocopy which has a heavy bar code stamp over the box where a signature would have gone. The photocopy is very dark and it isn't possible to make out whether she signed it or not.

She has no grounds for claiming misselling so has to try and prove she didn't agree to it in the first place.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John.

Hello John,

Sorry I did have a bit of a chuckle at your question. Did you not watch the programme "Whisleblower" and the underhand tactics of barclays bank.

It basically boils down to if your friend was asked if she required the ppi or not.

The terms and conditions should have been discussed, if in fact the policy was suitable (self-employed or pre-existing conditions, age etc).The fact she or he has the right to cancel in the "cooling off" period.

I bet they can't remember that. It is normally mentioned as "cover" and no more explaination than that. We are douped into it so they can possibly make commission and hit targets.

IMO she has good grounds for mis-selling, because she didn't agree to it in the first place. They have to prove that she did and according to the poor quality of the photocopy the have sent her, that is still debatable

Maybe send a SAR for all the information on the account and see what transpires with that.there is a thread on the Debt forum discussing ca's and what you can do

• Haha 1

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Thanks for the advice. I'll pass it on. Apparently Barclaycard want her to phone them but I warned her to say nothing and get them to write to her.

Thanks again.

Regards,

John.

Hello,

Good move, get everything in writing,

Good luck to her,:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW