• Tweets

• The funds were taken by eBay, rather than Paypal.  I presume Paypal collects the funds from eBay, and so eBay then sting me for the money.   But either way, before this money was taken from my account, my eBay account balance showed as -£85.  Yes, my bank account has been debited by this amount. eBay say that they are completely removed from the chargeback process, because it is carried out by the buyer's financial institution.  So, conveniently, they cannot help, other than by refunding the chargeback fee of £14. 
    • Perfect, thanks for the detailed response. Once question, do you know how long it takes for the breathing space to get applied? Say for example I have payments due in 4 days and I apply today how does that work? Also, sorry for sounding stupid but what do you mean by default once the breathing space is in place? I mean what does "Default" mean.  After the breathing space is over and I wanted more time, what would happen? I can and will afford the payments after a few months but I just need that breather to sort some stuff out, as I have said I have never missed a payment. Sorry for the many replies but after doing a quick search, correct me if i am wrong. If it then does go into default and it goes to a collection agency am I right in saying they will send many letters and they may consider a claim? and I should only response if an official MoneyClaim is made? Also, If it does go into default does this severely affect my credit score? or will this only be in the case if a CCJ is applied.
    • there isn't one yet use the default mentioned already there. that covers all 3 debts as i assume the PAPLOC is for all 3 debts? dx  
    • a chargeback via a paypal account used in an ebay sale doesn't usually result in funds being sucked from your bank account,  just that you attain a paypal negative balance. as you saying the money was taken by paypal from your bank account without you authorising this? or is it directly the buyers name that is shown? regarding the chargeback but either way you bank account HAS been debited? dx  
    • what solicitor is the PAPLOC from? then just search xxxx snotty letter dx  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

my mother v Lloyds TSB **WON**

fitsw6
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Congratulations!!:D :D

There is a letter in link below to send to Court if you want to use it:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/post-487345.html

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Barty.

Should I include in my letter to the court:

1. Respectfully inform the court that I also intend on asking the bank to refund charges made since this claim started and that I hope they have the decency to refund me BEFORE a claim is even begun?

2. Enclose the .CSV list of all settled claims (I cant find the link).

3. Enclose details of orders made by the judge for striking out the Defendants claim (help with how to word this please).

Also, I have just emailed Lloyds ([email protected]) asking them to refund the 4 charges made since this claim started and hope that they refund within 14 days or I will start action again (following the guidelines set out on this site of course).

OK so far???

The following was done on behalf of my mother:

First letter send 20th April 2006. Reply recieved 22nd April 2006.

Second letter sent 24th April 2006. Reply recieved 26th April 2006.

Accepted at small claims court.

Defendant filed an acknowledgment of service on 25th July 2006.

Allocation Questionaire recieved 16th August 2006.

Court date set for 22nd February 2007.

12th FEBRUARY 2007 SETTLED IN FULL! :D

4th April 2007 - Court orders Lloyds to pay costs. :D:D

23rd April - Bank pays costs :grin::grin::grin:

This claim took a total of 298 days to reach settlement. Further charges were taken, an email was sent to Lloyds, at the conclusion of this 1st claim and settled in full in only 16 days.

This is what I intend on sending the court and I would appreciate your comments before I post:

The Court Manager

Bristol County Court

13th February 2007

Dear Sir/Madam

Mrs Vivien M Lloyd -v- Lloyds TSB Bank Plc

Claim Number: ********

I wish to inform the court that the claim as detailed above, in which I am the Claimant, has now been settled.

The Defendant paid the full amount claimed, namely £655.35, by way of a credit to my bank account on 12th February 2007. As such, no further action is necessary in respect of this claim.

I have respectfully enclosed a list of 528 claims (529 if you include my claim) that have been successfully settled by the banks (including 37 settlements by Lloyds TSB) before attendance in court. This is a very common occurrence with the banks, that they wait until the very last minute then settle in full knowing full well that they have no intention of defending in court. This only goes to show how they intentionally waste valuable time and expenses on the part of the claimants involved and the courts.

I also enclose a copy of a General Form of Judgement or Order made by the District Judge in Lincoln for your information.

Further, in relation to my claim, the Defendant failed to file any documents to the court, breaching the orders made by District Judge Daniel on 29th November 2006. Again this is typical of the Defendant’s approach in other cases of which we are aware.

The Defendant’s unreasonable approach in defending a claim it always intended to settle has directly incurred us unnecessary costs as outlined in the attached list of costs, and therefore we respectfully request that the Court consider awarding these costs, or such costs as it deems appropriate, as outlined in the Civil Procedure Rules 27.14(2)(g):

(2) The court may not order a party to pay a sum to another party in respect of that other party's costs, fees and expenses, including those relating to an appeal, except –

(g) such further costs as the court may assess by the summary procedure and order to be paid by a party who has behaved unreasonably.

I would also like to bring to your attention that since this claim began, Lloyds TSB have applied four more charges to my bank account and I have written to them asking if they would consider refunding these charges on the grounds that they have refunded £655.35 in previous charges on 12th February 2007. I hope that one letter is all this will take this time and that you wont be hearing from me on this matter.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the waste of the courts valuable time spent processing and managing this claim. I do wish to inform the court however, that the decision to enter into this litigation was not taken lightly, and that ample opportunity was given to the Defendant to resolve this matter by way of negotiation before proceeding with this claim. Regretfully, all attempts at meaningful dialogue were either rebutted or ignored.

A copy of this letter, with attachments, has been sent to the Defendant.

Yours faithfully

WITH:- (thanks to lucid for this)

Total Costs Incurred in Pursuing the Claim

1. Correspondence since filing the claim

Original letters to the bank, and all relevant correspondence including court documents like the Allocation Questionnaire. The Claimant requests a repayment of £2 per correspondence to recover postage costs and stationary.

TOTAL: £20

2. Document bundles

The Claimant posted one document bundle to Sechiari, Clark & Mitchell and one copy to the court on 5th February 2007. The bundles were posted in a package together and the Claimants used Royal Mail Recorded Delivery. The total cost of postage was £3.16. The Claimants would also like to recover an additional £2.00 to recover packaging costs.

TOTAL: £5.16

3. Paper and printing costs

The Claimant estimates that throughout the whole claim they have used a total of 200 sheets of paper – the majority of this from producing three duplicate bundles. The Claimant used their own multifunction printer at home for all printing and photocopying and feel that a reasonable cost to cover the toner and running of the printer would be 5p per sheet of paper printed.

TOTAL: £10

The Claimant would also like to recover the costs of purchasing the paper for the printing involved. Approximately ½ a ream has been used at a cost of £1.99.

TOTAL: £1.99

4. Preparation time

The Claimant estimates that they have spent a minimum of 30 hours in preparing letters, document bundles and case notes. I respectfully request an award of £9.25 per hour for my time spent.

TOTAL: £277.50

TOTAL COSTS INCURRED: £314.65

This claim took a total of 298 days to reach settlement. Further charges were taken, an email was sent to Lloyds, at the conclusion of this 1st claim and settled in full in only 16 days.

any advice please?

CONGRATULATIONS!

Hi fits,

Firstly congratulations to you and your mum on your victory. :D

Right, I wouldn't include any reference that you are going to pursue more charegs from Lloyds - that is irrelevant to the court at the moment (in my opinion). I would then edit down the spreadsheet so that you only have Lloyds settled cases listed as they are the most relevant. The Lincoln abuse order is:

General Form of Judgment or Order

To the Claimant

xxxx

Before District Judge xxxxxx sitting at Lincoln County Court.

EX PARTE

IT IS ORDERED THAT

The Court of its own motion is considering striking the Defence out as an abuse of process on the basis that it has settled all previous claims of this nature. If the Defendant objects to this course of action it is to file at Court within 14 days, a Schedule setting out a list of all claims it has pursued to trial and all claims it has settled.

Dated 28 December 2006

The paragraphs you have written in reference to the bank messing around are fine but you might want to elaborate a bit more - particularly when referring to the Judgement Order. As a guide we put:

However, we believe that the Defendant has behaved unreasonably in their approach to defending this claim, not least because we believe the Defendant had no intention of ever defending this claim at a hearing. We enclose a copy of a General Form of Judgement or Order made by a District Judge in Lincoln for the court’s consideration, for a case in which Lloyds TSB Bank PLC was the Defendant. We also enclose a list of all cases of which we are aware in which Lloyds TSB Bank PLC was the Defendant. Every one of these cases was settled in full before a hearing despite a defence being entered by the Defendant.

Further, in relation to our claims, the Defendant failed to file any documents to the court, breaching the orders made by District Judge Levinson on 11th October and 23rd October. Again this is typical of the Defendant’s approach in other cases of which we are aware.

If you want to use all of that or any of it then feel free - it's what it's there for.

With reference to your schedule of costs:

*Watch out for leaving in Claimants when it probably should be Claimant in your case. :shock:

*Point 3 of our schedule of costs I've just noticed a mistake. :eek: We put three duplicate when it should have been three triplicate for us. Fits I would amend that for you claim so that it says:

.... the majority of this from producing three copies of the document bundles.

I think that makes more sense. Also make sure in you actual letter to the court you change all of the we to I.

*If you can then in point 1 it will probably come across better if you can itemise each letter sent - possibly with tracking reference numbers.

Other than that it's fine. Be sure to tidy it up so you are talking in the right person (I instead of we) but that's fine.

Good luck. Lucid :)

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

*Won unconditionally with contractual interest (29.85% compounded)

Lucid's Account - £749.62 * Joint Account - £2019.64 * Mindzai's Account - £595.65

*All settled in full - 6/2/07

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you Lucid. Your help is invaluable :)

But I dont have all the dates of ALL the letters sent and I only have 2 receipts for when I sent the court bundles to SC&M and the court. I guess I'm hoping the judge will know all the effort it has taken to get this far and as I havent asked for a lot on this matter, the judge may consider this part of the claim as well.

Do you think we should recommend to the court that the court claim thier own costs from Lloyds TSB as we are claiming ours?

That would make the banks think twice!

Don't worry if you don't have the dates of when you sent each letter. I was jnust pointing out that you're goping to claim for 10 letters at £2 so it might look better if you can itemise each letter. For example:

1. Preliminary approach for repayment £2

2. Letter Before Action £2

etc....

It's just better to try and put in as much as you can - I think. My first attempt at a schedule of costs didn't go into a lot of detail because it was done very late at night and I was very tired by that point, but GaryH pointed out that the Judge would probably consider it a lot better if I put in as much info as I could. Upon looking back at my first attempt I realised that the Judge would probably wonder where I got all of these figures from as I hadn't properly explained any of it.

Just consider it as the last part of your claim and it could be a nice bonus for all of your efforts. Definitely worth the time - especially if you get a response from the Judge like we did. We may not necessarily get the costs but it was good to know the Judge didn't instantly dismiss it like they could have done - and like we expected.

Lucid :)

Lucid's Account - £749.62 * Joint Account - £2019.64 * Mindzai's Account - £595.65

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK ive done everything you advised (I wont put it all here again) and this is the biggest change:

1. Correspondence since filing the claim

Original letters to the bank, and all relevant correspondence. The Claimant requests a repayment of £2 per correspondence to recover postage costs and stationary.

1. Preliminary approach for repayment.

2. Letter Before Action.

3. Claim sent to court.

4. Allocation Questionnaire.

5. Form EX160.

6. Response to General Form of Judgment or Order dated 1st November 2006.

7. Letter to SC&M dated 9th February 2007.

8. Today’s correspondence.

How does that look?

Yes that's fine - although you're two letters short if your reclaiming £2 per letter and originally totalled up £20. Otherwise it's fine - the only suggestion I'd have would be if there are any letters you still have on your computer and so know the date you put on them, then add the date in brackets after the letter description.

Good luck and well done again. Lucid :)

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hmmm I guessed the letters originally :o but after going though everything it comes to £18. I will add the dates.

Thank you so much Lucid

• 1 month later...

Update.

Sent email to the bank asking for the charges that have been taken since we started the original calim to be refunded.... and it took them less than 2 weeks to refund the wole amount.

A further charge of £30 was then taken of which we are still waiting to have refunded.

On asking the court to award costs to us (as done by Lucid), the court appears to have misplaced our letter and will get back to us next week.

(ps.. if any mods read this please move this thread to the 'WON' forum. I have asked but I guess you are all busy)

• 1 month later...

:D :D :D :D :D :D

I had to resend my papers to the court as they had misplaced them... and today I got a 'General Form of Judgment or Order' back from the court that says,

'It is ordered that

1. Defendant to pay claimants costs, the court being satisfied that the Defendant acted unreasonably in defending the claim without any intention of allowing the matter to trial.

2. Claimants cost summery at £85.41, based on Claimants schedule but allowing 5 hours preperation time in place of 30 hours.

3. Defendant to pay £85.41 to Claimant by 4pm on 18th April 2007.

My thanks to Lucid who inspired me to put this claim in and hopefully, those of you that have your charges refunded in the 11th hour will also be inspired to put a claim in for your own personal costs - with success.

If more of us do this then perhaps the banks will really start thinking hard about delaying and the courts will be encouraged to stamp down hard on banks that try and dely.

Thank you

David Vs Goliath or The Comman Man Vs Lloyds TSB - the outcome was the same lol

I just noticed GaryH has a sticky about claiming costs - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/65921-application-costs.html#post563326

POWER TO THE PEOPLE :)

The bank has paid our charges, 3 days late, but this claim is now finally over. Case closed!!!

Now I go to work claiming back almost £1000 for my brother.

I hope he pays me ;)

Fitsw6

I have sent you a pm

• 1 month later...

This didn't work for me as the Sheriff Clerk told me that because the Extract of Dismissal has been granted I can no longer claim for costs. If I wanted to claim further costs I would have had to do it before the court date? ie, before the case was dismissed????:mad:

:DABBEY-WON! £1,359.34

:confused:CAPITAL ONE WON £1,523.27+£39court fees.

• 11 years later...

This topic was closed on 11 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks