Fellowes Vs Barclays

Fellowes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well I've received an offer from Barclays of £1300, on a claim of £1800. This came in after i had sent the LBA. This offer was accepted as part payment, but not in full and final.

The LBA expires Monday 2nd April, just preparing information to complete MCOL.

Barclays have received a breakdown schedule of charges, this was complied on the template provided online.

I've read on the notes for completing a MCOL I should send a second breakdown schedule of charges. Do I just send this breakdown with a letter stating such attachments, or is there some specific letter?

Many thanks

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well since receiving the offer from Barclays I proceeded to issue a claim via MCOL. As expected Barclays acknowledged the claim on the last 14 day, the same happened with the defence. But I did manage to progress to judgement via MCOL, but it was rejected as Barclays defence arrived on the last 28th day.

I just received the defence from Northampton County Court, the case has been transferred to my local court Keighley, West Yorkshire. It has also been proposed the AQ should be dispensed with, unless the district judge at the local court orders otherwise.

I've been reading through a few links, and am now proposing to send the 1st nudge letter to Barclays litigation department, and the draft order with accompanying letter to Keighley court. These three letters can be found at the following link: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/78873-new-after-28-days.html

The Lloyds victory must be making the banks think many people will think again about progressing claims, but I've not come this far to be deterred now.

I'll keep you posted with developments.

Things can happen very quickly from here, so the letters may overlap.

I received a letter stating it had been transfered, the next day i got a letter asking for another copy of my SOC's as they had got lost.

I took them in the next day along with my cheque for £100 for the AQ (that had been dispensed with). The very next day i got a letter with a court date for 28th June. So it may be a bit of a wast of time, i did consider it but didnt.

Good luck in your decision. Hope all goes well, and as quickly as mine

Caz

I'm just looking a head at court bundles, some seem to portray this as an involved task. Have you done yours yet, or examined the process and required information? It looks a simple as downloading the file, printing the documents and adding your previous correspondence and charges statement.

Hi Fellowes,

I did mine today, I had printed off one copy a few weeks ago, so it ws just a matter of doing two more copies and then copying all letters to and from Barclays.

I suppose it took me about 8 hours to do today, plus a couple of hours before.

It isnt difficult it just takes time. All the information you need is in the library.

It really is easy, although without this site, i would never have known what to put in it.

I think i may have been lucky in getting my date so quickly, maybe my court isnt too busy yet.

Good luck if you get stuck let me know.

Caroline

I've just received a Notice of DIRECTIONS from court, this will take place on 18th July 07 at 12pm at Keighley court. 20 minutes has been allowed for the DIRECTIONS, which will take place by way of telephone conference.

The defendants legal representative is ordered to arrange the telephone conference.

Has this happened to anyone else? What should be my approach now? What should be said, and what should not be?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

i have just answered on the new thread that you started its helpful if you just stick to 1 thread so people know your full history

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

• 1 month later...

I'm currently attempting to make contact with Barclays, but without success. I've left two voice mails for Krysta Campbell and send an email, this was done Monday 2nd July 07 but as yet no response to letter, email or voice mail.

I sent the letter to Barclays advising of the court date 18th July 07 (conference call, but did not mention it was just a call), and proposing we settle out of court. But not a single response.

I've kept trying to make contact thought the week, but the phone just goes to voice mail but I don’t keep leaving messages. I'm do to be on a conference call with the court on 18th July 07 and I've not had any response from Barclays.

The defence came from Adrian St John, will Krysta Campbell be the correct contact for me? Not had any other correspondence, so don’t know who to approach.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Try sending an email to Dino .... contact details can be found here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/94602-barclays-litigation-team-good.html

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

Hi Fellowes,

Have you heard anything back yet? My brother's case is meant to be having an allocation hearing by telephone conference on 13 July and I've been trying to get hold of various members of the team for weeks without any answer.

Hope you've had some luck.

Yes, success on Monday. Just started calling all numbers of contacts which areprovided online until someone picked up the phone. Robert Saunders is dealing with my case.

We advised our court date was the 18th July, he said we should have a settlement letter by, or on the 16th July.

I'm just looking now for information if that leaves enough time for the funds to be paid into my account, before I cancel the court action. I'm not going to cancel before cleared funds are in my account.

Take a look at the thread "Barclays Litigation Team Good or Evil" for all contact details, tel and email.

Good luck.

Just make sure that they know that you will not be stopping court action until the money is in your account ..... if this involves you having to take time off work to go to the court yourself to ask for a weeks stay then an extra £50 will be added to claim ;)

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

It's just a conference call with the court, so that won't be a problem. Was going to email Robert so state just that.

Is there any set wording, or just action will not be stopped until cleared funds are in my account?

Hi Fellowes,

Don't mention what type of hearing it is unless asked - B's will have been notified but I doubt if this has got through to join your records at the Lit'n Team.

I may be wrong but the Conference Call part relates to B's or their legal representative - aren't you supposed to attend.

Send Robert an updated SOC and include your Court Fees to give a settlement figure that you'll accept. Copy it to Dino and ask for urgent reply or you'll be happy to have the case heard by the judge.

Good luck,Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Slick,

Barclays and myself need to attend the conference call, if this goes a head. The judge askd Barclays to arrange, but to date this has not been done.

I'll drop Robert a line with upto date SOC, and copy Dino stating action will not be stopped with court until total claim paid into my account in cleared funds.

Thanks

Just had a n email back from Robert Saunders.

He states he has now reviewed my file and he intends to continue with proceedings at this stage.

He states "The notice from Keighley County Court says that directions are to be decided by way of a telephone conference on 18th July at midday. I shall make arrangements for this as ordered"

How should I prepare for the conference call? Has anyone been through the same process? How much is involved, and what should, and should not be said?

Any guidance would be most helpful. Thanks

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Well, the conference call went well today at 12pm. Barclays assigned a barrister to the call a Mr Richard Osborne, who did not work for Barclays.

The judge from Keighley court started by referring to the draft order I’d sent in, with the recommended covering letter.

Draft Order used:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/57708-draft-order-allocation-questionnaires.html#post482148

Covering letter used:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/78873-new-after-28-days.html#post695176

The barrister did not have a copy from Barclays, so the judge read it out to him. The judge proposed this order was used, and the barrister went along with the decision. The judge asked if I could still comply with filing within 14 days, to which I said yes.

The barrister said he could not comply with filing 14 days thereafter, and requested 6 weeks. The judge said something about 42 days; I guess I’ll now more once the order has been issued outlining the timelines.

The judge went on to as which track the case should be heard in, my response was Fast Track, the judge was happy with that. He then asked the barrister, who preferred to keep it in the small claims. The judge ruled in favour of Fast track.

I’ve just got to get my paperwork together now. I read a link about the Peter McNamara (former head of personal banking at Lloyds TSB) when he was interviewed on BBC Radio. Should I include a copy in the court bundle?

[url=http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/57708-draft-order-allocation-questionnaires.html#post482148][/url]

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

I opened my account in July 1996, does anyone know which Barclays T&C's would be relevant for this period.

I've see the posts, but the links don't work. Does anyone have a link which is working?

send me a pm with an email addy that i can send attatchments to and i will send you the 1996 t&c's as i have them :)

• Haha 1

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar