• Tweets

• I spoke to a pro-bono entity this afternoon.  They advise I must initiate a claim in the court v the receiver if I want to then file an application for an order for sale.  I must have a claim/ proceedings to be able to force a sale. The judge in the current proceedings  has told me that I cannot force the lender to sell and the lender cannot interfere either.   If the receiver isn't acting correctly and isn't selling - this means I must make a claim against the receiver
    • Thanks Dave It's not too far away, about 8 or 9 miles, so I will probably venture over on my bike if I can't think of a good reason to drive there again! I'll have a chat with Mrs GB_Joe tomorrow and see which shops they visited, I know M&S was on the list (had to try on multiple sets of trousers!) and they are actually in that bit of retail park. The uniform shop is across the way in the Meridian Centre, so probably not helpful to get them involved.
    • As they have failed to deliver their original PCN you will need to send them an SAR where they should provide that PCN. It should show the address they used . If it is not your current one that would explain the non delivery. If it was correct then perhaps the Post office messed up. A more cynical view would be that UKPC didn't send it so that you couldn't claim the reduction. It appears that UKPC have been there for some time  but I have been unable to find any pictures of their Notices.The leisure park itself is pretty big so while some parts maybe give 5 hours free parking other parts may have restrictions like permits. I haven't been there for years -I went  to Nandos and the bowling centre . I am surprised that they are now infested with UKPC as the place is plenty big enough not to require their dubious services. If you live not to far away it would help if you could get some legible pictures of their signs. Be carful to park in an area that doesn't require a permit and take photos of the entrance signs, the five hour sign and the permit only sign as well as any other signs that are different from the previous signs. Also if their is a payment machine could you please photograph that.
    • This other entity doesn't know what's going on.  To be clear I had huge equity.  No-one would ever expect a lender to erode all my equity.  The question is - if anyone knows the legal answer - on the basis they have a charging order - could they make an application for an order for sale?  
    • Is this place near to you? I ask for two reasons. If you can easily go back, then get photos of the signs.  On GM and Parkopedia there are various comments about the signs being pants. Also go back to the school uniform shop and ask the manager there for contact details for the retail park (which I've Googled & Googled and got nowhere).  The school uniform shop will just be tenants of the retail park, they won't be able to do anything.  It will be the retail park that called EPC in, and we've seen loads of cases where the organ grinder has intervened and called off the monkey.  As for EPC, aye, ignore them until LoC stage.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

New---after 28 Days - Maybe No Aq!!!!!!!

lateralus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have spoken to a Lady at my local courtto find out about the AQ being dipensed with in both my cases. She told me that I did not have to pay an AQ fee even though both my claims are for over £1500. I am starting to doubt myself after re -reading the first post on this thread that states the below. Can you please clarify that this is the case?

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT EVEN IF THE AQ IS DISPENSED WITH, THE AQ FEE OF £100 (IF CLAIM OVER £1500) IS STILL PAYABLE (AND RECLAIMABLE FROM THE BANK).

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

certainly - since the aq's have been dispensed with - around 1 april - the claims go directly to the local courts - and each local court - and there are a lot of them - deal with them in different ways - actually i think we are seeing now that those courts who were asking for payment of the allocation fee weren't right - but it doesn't matter too much - those who paid it will be getting it back through their claim -

that statment was written to let people know that it may be payable - (we thought at one point it was for everyone - now we know better - i'll change that in post 1).

i wrote one thread when peeps were doing the aq and another when the aq's were mostly dispensed with - there are nudge letters in post one of both - you'll find one pretty close to what you want - just tweak any of them - they aren't official - just out of my head!!!!!When you have filed your AQ................

New---after 28 Days - Maybe No Aq!!!!!!!

Lats I want your head!! I'm only good at following instructions.. well i was never in doubt that you were a girl/woman... -mia-:)

Cheers rhsy! Did you ring DG? Was thinking about maybe starting to put together a court bundle for myself, but been going through some of the threads on here and have got confused about what's to go in. Some threads seem to differ from others.

Been going through differnet threads about preparing a Court Bundle. Different ones mention including the bank's Terms & Conditions, witness statements and a copy of the OFT Report. I'm really lost now. :confused:

27th October: Data Protection Act 1998 Subject Access Request

8th November: Letter received from HSBC - Statements to follow

9th November: Bank statements arrive

12th January: Preliminary Approach for Repayment

22nd January: Letter received from HSBC - they will be looking into matters raised

30th January: Letter Before Action sent

24th February: Letter received from HSBC (dated 6th February) offering £240

28th February: Claim issued via Money Claim Online for £326.28 (including 8% interest)

1st March: Letter to HSBC declining offer

5th March: Notice that Acknowledgement of Service has been filed

29th March: Notice of Transfer of Proceedings

25th April: Notice of Allocation to the Small Claims Track

15th June: Court Bundle sent to Court

25th June: Offer received from DG Sols.

Hi YV01,

I sympathise with you because I was in the same position. I'm taking my bundle to court this PM. I used the basic CAG bundle and then added what I felt would best help my case.

I can PM you the front page if you like.

As for the OFT thing. You can use the CAG OFT Summary but you need to find the full report on the OFT website. You could, if you wanted, submit the whole thing but you NEED to have para 4.21 so make sure if you use the summary you put para 4.21 0n the end.

I am submitting a Witness Statement to the court as well, but separately from the bundle. If they tell me it should be included I reckon I can send Barclays a copy in the post.

I don't know who your claiming against but my Witness Statement is a steal from the Lloyds Bank forum which I have changed/shortened so it only addresses the points Barclays have raised in their defence.

Even though Barclays haven't tried it yet, I have tried to circumvent any attempt to justify the charges as being for services.

I have no idea if my Witness Statement is any good against Barclays defence. I didn't get any feedback so I'll have to use it. I hope it is, I feel I could argue it in court and it's the best I could do in a short time.

Check out my thread if you want to see it.

The Lloyds case pointed to a possible problem if you don't have any T&Cs. I only have current T&Cs from Barclays website but at least they show the contractual charges.

Regards,

John.

Cheers John for your reply. Very helpful. It's just I'm not too sure what exactly has to go into the Court Bundle. I'd be very grateful of you could PM me your front page as any help would be great.

Still don't understand the concept of the witness statement, what it's for and what's to go in it.

And where can I get HSBC's T&Cs? :o

Panic, panic, panic!!

22nd January: Letter received from HSBC - they will be looking into matters raised

28th February: Claim issued via Money Claim Online for £326.28 (including 8% interest)

I put this on the front of my bundle:

IN THE [Whatever] COUNTY COURT

Claim No: ******

(CLAIMANT’S NAME) Claimant

-V-

ANY BANK PLC Defendant

[DATE]

[TIME]

[JUDGE'S NAME]

I'll PM you the INDEX OF DOCUMENTS because it's in a table and won't work in the forum.

As I've said in other postings my Witness Statement is a steal from Lloyds Forum (GaryH) amended to suit Barclay's defence. You can find the original here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/

You may or may not be asked to provide one. It depends on what the court directs. You would also need to look at your banks defence and see which paragraphs are appropriate.

My directions from the court only said I had to provide copies of all documents on which I intended to rely in court. If I had been able to submit an AQ or had been given sufficient notice by the court I would have done a draft order for directions.

It would be useful to read about the new strategy for AQs.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/#libraries-bank-charges-materials

I only had thirteen days to comply with the the Judges directions and a Witness Statement allowed me to clearly present a strong argument related to my bundle and to ask for Standard Disclosure by the Bank.

If you want to read my Witness Statement you can search for my thread in the Barclay's forum. It's on there.

A last word about the Witness Statement. I went to the court and gave in my bundle. The witness statement was in front of everything else and I said I wasn't sure whether it should be part of the bundle but I'd left it separate in a sleeve because I wanted the Judge to see my request for Standard Disclosure. Also I hadn't listed it on my Bundle documents.

They said it would be fine but I will need to send a copy to the bank and keep one with my bundle. So I guess you might need to add that to my list.

At least I can relax this weekend. I still have to consider mediation that the court is pressing for, but that can wait until Monday.

Regards,

John.

here's a starting point for the bundle from post 1 on this thread:

a) your schedule of charges. (ie a copy of your spreadsheet)

b) your statements showing the charges. Alternatively, the list of charges which the bank provided under your S.A.R (subject Access Request) (only send the statements with charges on them.)

c) A Statement of Evidence: (post 55 in the new strategy): New strategy for Allocation Questionaires

d) All the statutes and decided cases on which your claim relies. ie, UTCCR's, UCTA's, SOGA, case law, etc. For this, I'd just submit the whole of the Basic Court Bundle.

This whole thing runs to around 200 pages and should be done in triplicate: one copy for you, one for the court and one for dg – that’s 600 pages of copying – LEAVE IT UNTIL YOU KNOW FOR SURE YOU NEED IT. If an offer comes in from DG and is accepted you wouldn’t need it. Really leave it until you have to do it to meet the deadline set by the court!

and it looks like john will help you out with the finer points.

Cheers John & Lat. Bit of a head melter all this. Gonna send DG another nudge letter and ring them in a few days. Hopefully I won't need to bother with the Court Bundle.

Hopefully I won't need to bother with the Court Bundle.

My thinking exactly YV, I have until the 1st of June to submit my court bundle (hearing 15th June) and DG have promised me an offer by tomorrow.

If i dont get one however im going to have to print out my court bundle

(600 pages is nothing to the work laser printer :D )

and add the postal charges to my claim.

We will see what the postman brings tomorrow.

Good luck,

Ross

and have you all seen this:

CC v HSBC (multipage.gif1 2 3 4)

cbrundle

sweated out the bundle all weekend and today ------- his offer!

that's the way they work sometimes - but proof in the pudding - dg will not defend their defence in court - they can't. so they pushed him to the limit and then offered.

Another case won for us. Good news.

Sending off today what will hopefully be my final nudge letter to DG Solicitors. Also faxed them a copy last night. Should I e-mail a copy as well? If so, does anyone have an e-mail address handy for them?

Maybe start putting together my court bundle over the weekend. Hopefully will not need to print it all out.

DG have promised me an offer by tomorrow.

Well, it arrived :D and ive just sent off my acceptance letter. Im so glad i didnt waste time and money on the court bundle, i agree it could potentially lose your case if you dont provide one by the deadline, but by the sound of things, DG will always pay up before that deadline.

can you do my lottery numbers please later

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

Hi Lattie

Found this post on a business claim and at first seems like the court are asking him to send details of claim to Shabbey and to court, but then they are asking why he thinks they are unlawfull and what he thinks the charges should be.

I havent seen this before, could you have a quick look

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/93612-mcnab-abbey-business.html#post860695

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

Thanks for that, it did seem like they wanted some part of the bundle but not the bundle, so it threw me.

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

i've not seen directions like that before - hopefully gary will get him sorted - plenty of time - i'm thinking he just took the normal template(mse, again!!) - left out the consumer bit. needs to be a specific template for business claims - that could be it.

Another case won for us. Good news.

Sending off today what will hopefully be my final nudge letter to DG Solicitors. Also faxed them a copy last night. Should I e-mail a copy as well? If so, does anyone have an e-mail address handy for them?

Maybe start putting together my court bundle over the weekend. Hopefully will not need to print it all out.

Sounds like you've sent DG some letters already. I've sent one nudge, just about to send another in the morning. Have you tried phoning them as it sounds like some people have. Wondered where you are up to with it all as I've not heard from anyone but the courts stating the AC been dispensed with.

we think it's best not to ring - it's counterproductive in that they spend valuable time answering phone calls and you get no where - they just say they will deal with it when they are ready -

a letter is official and must be put in your file - and you've proof to the courts that you are trying to resolve things. just keep nudging every 10-14 days. if you've something like a court date looming - they may offer early - but failing that - i think they take them inthe order the claim was filed - and they seem to be dealing with late feb. claims at the moment.

just have to be patient.

mr. blue - if you'd like to start a thread in the hsbc forum - press this:newthread.gif you'll be most welcome!