New---after 28 Days - Maybe No Aq!!!!!!!

lateralus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A fair point lats, but the only reason i knew an offer was on its way, was due to me phoning DG. Im not saying call them every 5 minutes, but if its the week before your court bundle is due in and you are getting worried that you havent heard anything, i think its fine to call and check they havent forgotten you. We know they dont respond to nudges.

:D

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fair point - but i hate to think of back in jan/feb when we were saying call them - every day, every hour until they make an offer - i'm sure it's why they went on voicemail - we were verging on harassment.

Evening folks just checking in for advice before I file my AQ at my local court tommorrow.Can't believe I'm at this point! My final date for filing is the 30th so I'm going to drop it off at the court tommorrow (Tues 29th) with my £100 fee.

I've completed and attached 1) a draft order for directions and 2) the summary paragraph (section G-other information). Is that everything I should be sending at this point? (I take it the 3 sets of more detailed documentation and court bundle have to be prepared for when the judge gives directions or sets a court date?)

Should I also send a copy of the AQ (with attachments) and another breakdown of charges to DG solicitors by special delivery tommorrow?

After that I'll call the court on Thursday to see if HSBC have filed their AQ by the deadline (3Oth) and if they haven't i'll send them the recommended nudge letter?

Thanks so far for all the amazing guidance (and lovely Lattie I've been taking note of Crusher and Pete's blasphemous comments about your head in relation to my comment!)

-mia-:)

• Prelim bank charges reclaim letter posted special delivery Monday 26.02.07
  • Received by HSBC Tuesday 27.02.07
  • Send LBA (14 days completed) by special delivery on Monday 12.03.07
  • Received by HSBC Tuesday 13.03.07
  • HSBC (Prelim) acknowledgment letter received 15.03.07 (dated 08.03.07 sent 2nd class) looking into matters will contact you with a full response as soon as I have completed my investigations
  • Send MCOL (14 days completed) Monday 26.03.07
  • MCOL issued Tuesday 27.03.07
  • Sent 2 copies of charges breakdown to Northants County Court by special delivery Tues 27.03.07
  • MCOL date of service Sunday 01.04.07
  • HSBC Acknowledgment of Service of claim filed Thurs 29.03.07
  • Send 2 copies of charges breakdown to DG solicitors by special delivery Mon 03.04.07
  • HSBC deadline to enter a defence Sun 29.04.07
  • HSBC Defence entered on moneyclaimonline Wed 25.04.07
  • Notice of transfer of proceedings received from Northampton County Court Fri 05.05.07
  • 1st nudge letter sent to DG solicitors Thurs 10.05.07
  • Notice that a Defence has been filed and AQ to be completed received from local court dated Thurs 10 May
  • AQ to be returned to local court by 30 May

does anyone have the phone number for DG?

they still havent got back to me after 5 nudges. they have as good as lost the case now as their AQ is nearly two months overdue.

Ive got a letter from court asking me to pay an allocation fee of £100 by 4pm today. There is no mention of an allocation questionaire? Can I pay the court this fee by phone or do I have to go there in person?

Hiya Mia, you look to have sorted out your AQ and yes forget about the court bundle until you really have to put one together. Yes send a copy of your AQ to DG as well, you look as though you have everything under control. (and we love lattie really )

RG, have you called your local court to find out what stage your claim is at there and how your local district judge is intending to do handle it ? DG will just waste time until you have something to push them into a corner with i.e. a court date.

Micro, I would phone your local court to find out how you can pay them.

pete

Castlebest,

i have phoned the court and my case has been handed to a district judge to decide what happens from here. obviously because they are so late with their AQ i am guessing there will be no court date. i contacted DG telly them whats going on with the case now but no reply.

RG. im supprised the court have taken this long, even with their present work load. Did you ask about the allocation fee? I know some of the local courts are waiting to receive this before they issue the judges directions and are forgetting to tell claimants this, might be worth another phone call.

pete

i have paid the fee. they told me my claim has been 'boxed' which means it will be looked at by a judge between other cases, this means that it could take a while for the judge to get to my case

I'VE ADDED THIS TO POST 1:

THIS IS A COMMENT AS OF 29 MAY...

SOME PEOPLE HAVE BEEN RELIGIOUSLY SENDING DG A NUDGE EVERY 10-14 DAYS AND ARE SAYING IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE - THAT DG WILL DEAL WHEN THEY ARE READY AND THE NUDGE DOESN'T DO ANYTHING.

I BEG TO DIFFER - I NEVER SAID IT WOULD GET YOU AN OFFER ANY SOONER - -------

BUT THE NUDGE IS A TOTALLY VALUABLE TOOL FOR A COUPLE OF REASONS -

1. JUST IN CASE YOUR CASE FILE IS BEHIND SOME WATER COOLER - THEY HAVE TO FIND IT TO LOG THE LETTER (THEY DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING WITH AN E-MAIL AND TELEPHONE CALLS MEAN ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!

2. IF YOU HAVE TO SHOW A JUDGE WHAT YOU'VE BEEN DOING TO GET A RESOLUTION - YOU SHOW HIM YOUR NUDGE LETTERS AND SHOW THAT THEY'VE HAVE DONE DIDDLY - THIS COULD BE IMPORTANT AND ANY STAGE OF THE DEFENCE - THEY HAVE BEEN VERY USEFUL IN THIS REGARD.

3. IT SHOWS DG THAT YOU ARE UP ON WHAT'S GOING ON - THEIR FILING/NOT FILING, LOOMING COURT DATES, DEADLINES FOR THEM TO REACT TO, ETC. ALWAYS REMEMBER AN OFFER IS BETTER THAN A DEFAULT JUDGMENT. DON'T BE AFRAID TO REMIND THEM WHAT THE COURT REQUIRES - IT OFTEN NIGGLES THEM INTO AN OFFER IF THEY DON'T WANT TO COMPLY.

4. IT IS PROACTIVE AND USEFUL RATHER THAN DOING NOTHING.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH MY EYES ive been blinded, keep the noise down over there

:p

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

i thought it rather soft on the eyes - i'll see what something else looks like.

any better? ok, technicolour it is!

just got a bit tired of hearing peeps say it's not doing anything - it was just an idea and no one says you have to do it - just seems logical to me.

everybody's in a hurry!

Totally agree - have wondered if nudges were working, especially as I'm nearly onto my forth but all those points make perfect sense & I will continue to nudge every 10 days.

that pink colour is making the eyes strain abit :p

You have a very valid point lateralus, in that paper copies of letters do indeed show the Judge the attempts that everyone has made........... I thought it most likely that emails woudl not be acknowledged, so attached a thingy ( dont know the name) which tells oyu when it is opened and read but also sent a hard copy via recorded delivery of each nudge email........ Mindful fo what you said about it being added to the file.....

Must admit I have now sent 4 nudges. not a sausage............. been trying to solve this since january........I read on a thread earlier that DG were 2 months over a court deadline!!!! think they are creaking ( 2 knees buckled so far)

From my own view point knowing how many other have been succesful is inspiration but it is also very VERY frustrating, when as we all now know, they are doing nothing but delaying and "procastinating" and alll the time , effort and resources these claims take up..........

I am most grateful to those on this site who have gone beofre and forged the way for us and give the advice and suggestions they do... I would nto be at the stage I am if it were not for that......

But cant help feel that DG have now reached the point where they are dealing with things in no particular order, all the stratagies which previously worked are grinding to a halt purely by people pressure........

keep sending nudges is a great way to show the Judge the extent you have gone to, but there is a limit to how many times a letter can be re worked, it is very hard to keep motivated after 6 months and as I hav4e about 10 weeks till my court date:-x dont know how to send any more nudges or re word them........ I mean i am looking at what another 8 maybe!!!!

THANKS TO ALL FOR THE ADVICE AND SUGGESTION GIVEN....:)

rockin all over the world

Could people just recap for me please? I have a court date of 10th July and we must each provide copies of all documents by 26th June. My allocation questionaire was dispensed with & no fee requested (This is at Taunton County Court v HSBC for £2380). I have sent 2 nudge letters & am now downloading the court bundle zip to be prepared. Have I missed anything.

Thanks everyone, this has been informative & kind of fun.

GCP

going back to post 1 - towards the end - there is a list of 4 things which would be the basis of the court bundle (not just the actual bundle) so, if you like - just start looking at the list of things and making sure you understand them - it's a full days work getting it all copied (in triplicate), so don't leave it too late - but i think 2 weeks before it is due is sufficient.

one thing i would do is to ring the local court just to make sure that the allocation fee isn't payable - if the claim has been allocated a court date - then some (by no means all - only a few) are still requiring the payment of £100 and some don't even tell you - so - i'd ring to make certain one way or the other. if you do have to pay - add it on to the claim and there's another nudge letter - telling dg you are adding that to the claim.

in your next letter - refer to the amount of time and trouble wasted getting your court bundle ready (letting them know you know what's coming up) and offer again to reduce the courts work load by offering to accept xxxx (full amount), to save everyone more time and bother.

everything you need is on here - it's just locating it and keeping it handy.

i'm going to go back and put terms and conditions on there as well.

Many thanks, sometimes this site is a bit difficult to navigate with the threads running off in various directions but if it was easy!!!

Good luck all.

GCP

it's worth remembering- everything you need is here someplace - it's just finding it - or finding someone who knows where it is -

it is a little cumbersome at times - but as a self help site - it's hard for it to be any other way - people adding things that help all the time - and ever changing as the goal posts keep moving.

Hiya Mia, you look to have sorted out your AQ and yes forget about the court bundle until you really have to put one together. Yes send a copy of your AQ to DG as well, you look as though you have everything under control. (and we love lattie really )

pete

thanks Pete, I checked on here before I set off for the court to file the AQ today - it's just such a shame the court was closed for an extended bank holiday when I got there! (lol! Oh how I'll look back and laugh one day). My deadline's tommorrow and the court's actually been closed since Thursday - they could've put that information on the paperwork or at least put an answermessage on any of the 5 numbers I rang before I set off today!

Oh well tommorrow there's no stopping me, just want to get it done and dusted.

----------

Lattie, totally agree with the strategy for the nudge letters. I have no expectation of a quick response from DG at all but it will just help to show that we've been endeavoring to keep the lines of communication open with DG and trying to avoid wasting the courts time further down the line (unlike the banks) as well as keeping us visible to DG as you pointed out.

-mia-:)

• Prelim bank charges reclaim letter posted special delivery Monday 26.02.07
  • Received by HSBC Tuesday 27.02.07
  • Send LBA (14 days completed) by special delivery on Monday 12.03.07
  • Received by HSBC Tuesday 13.03.07
  • HSBC (Prelim) acknowledgment letter received 15.03.07 (dated 08.03.07 sent 2nd class) looking into matters will contact you with a full response as soon as I have completed my investigations
  • Send MCOL (14 days completed) Monday 26.03.07
  • MCOL issued Tuesday 27.03.07
  • Sent 2 copies of charges breakdown to Northants County Court by special delivery Tues 27.03.07
  • MCOL date of service Sunday 01.04.07
  • HSBC Acknowledgment of Service of claim filed Thurs 29.03.07
  • Send 2 copies of charges breakdown to DG solicitors by special delivery Mon 03.04.07
  • HSBC deadline to enter a defence Sun 29.04.07
  • HSBC Defence entered on moneyclaimonline Wed 25.04.07
  • Notice of transfer of proceedings received from Northampton County Court Fri 05.05.07
  • 1st nudge letter sent to DG solicitors Thurs 10.05.07
  • Notice that a Defence has been filed and AQ to be completed received from local court dated Thurs 10 May
  • AQ to be returned to local court by Wed 30 May
  • AQ filed at local court Wed 30 May
  • Copy of AQ and breakdown of charges by special delivery to DG solicitors Wed 30 May

Does anyone have any light to shed on the possibles of my situation? DG should have filed a defence over a week ago. The 28 days is now 35 and I've had nothing from the court, DG, my bank - not from anyone.

Do people slip through the net? I'm going to call the court tomorrow and ask what's going on, it's too late today, but just wondering if anyone can advise on timescales - I mean, can the court be sitting for a long time on the defence or is it more likely no defence has been filed at all?

I assume if a defence has not been filed, I fill in part A on the Notice of Issue N205A, state how I want to be paid and send it in to the court? Or am I missing something here?