• Tweets

• Thank you for that "read me", It's a lot to digest, lots of legal procedure. There was one thing that I was going to mention to you,  but in one of the conversations in that thread it was mentioned that there may be spies on the Forum,  this is something that I've read quite some time ago in a previous thread. What I had in mind was to wait for the thirty days after their reply to my CCA request and then send the unenforceable letter. I was hoping that an absence of signature could be the Silver Bullet but it seems that there are lot of layers to peel on this Onion.  
    • love the extra £1000 charge for confidentialy there BF   Also OP even if they don't offer OOC it doesn't mean your claim isn't good. I had 3 against EVRi that were heard over the last 3 weeks. They sent me emails asking me to discontinue as I wouldn't win. Went infront of a judge and won all 3.    Just remember the law is on your side. The judges will be aware of this.   Where you can its important to try to point out at the hearing the specific part of the contract they breached. I found this was very helpful and the Judge made reference to it when they gave their judgements and it seemed this was pretty important as once you have identified a specific breach the matter turns straight to liability. From there its a case of pointing out the unlawfullness of their insurance and then that should be it.
    • I know dx and thanks again for yours and others help. I was 99.999% certain last payment was over six years ago if not longer.  👍
    • Paragraph 23 – "standard industry practice" – put this in bold type. They are stupid to rely on this and we might as well carry on emphasising how stupid they are. I wonder why they could even have begun to think some kind of compelling argument – "the other boys do it so I do it as well…" Same with paragraph 26   Paragraph 45 – The Defendants have so far been unable to produce any judgements at any level which disagree with the three judgements…  …court, but I would respectfully request…   Just the few amendments above – and I think it's fine. I think you should stick to the format that you are using. This has been used lots of times and has even been applauded by judges for being meticulous and clear. You aren't a professional. Nobody is expecting professional standards and although it's important that you understand exactly what you are doing – you don't really want to come over to the judge that you have done this kind of thing before. As a litigant in person you get a certain licence/leeway from judges and that is helpful to you – especially if you are facing a professional advocate. The way this is laid out is far clearer than the mess that you will get from EVRi. Quite frankly they undermine their own credibility by trying to say that they should win simply because it is "standard industry practice". It wouldn't at all surprise me if EVRi make you a last moment offer of the entire value of your claim partly to avoid judgement and also partly to avoid the embarrassment of having this kind of rubbish exposed in court. If they do happen to do that, then you should make sure that they pay everything. If they suddenly make you an out-of-court offer and this means that they are worried that they are going to lose and so you must make sure that you get every penny – interest, costs – everything you claimed. Finally, if they do make you an out-of-court offer they will try to sign you up to a confidentiality agreement. The answer to that is absolutely – No. It's not part of the claim and if they want to settle then they settle the claim as it stands and don't try add anything on. If they want confidentiality then that will cost an extra £1000. If they don't like it then they can go do the other thing. Once you have made the amendments suggested above – it should be the final version. court,. I don't think we are going to make any more changes. Your next job good to make sure that you are completely familiar with it all. That you understand the arguments. Have you made a court familiarisation visit?
    • just type no need to keep hitting quote... as has already been said, they use their own criteria. if a person is not stated as linked to you on your file then no cant hurt you. not all creditors use every CRA provider, there are only 3 main credit file providers mind, the rest are just 3rd party data sharers. if you already have revolving credit on your file there is no need to apply for anything just 'because' you need to show you can handle money. if you have bank account(s) and a mortgage which you are servicing (paying) then nothing more can improve your score, despite what these 'scam' sites claiml  its all a CON!!  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

New---after 28 Days - Maybe No Aq!!!!!!!

lateralus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanx to you all for your excellent responses, advice and support - i am going to fill in the aq while i have the use of my hand to do it but will wait to file until nearer the date

I think I have messed up BIG time. When I received Notice of Allocation to the Small Claims Track my AQ had been dispensed with and all documents to be relied on at hearing - 4 July - to be delivered to Cobbetts and Court not less than 14 days before hearing. Because AQ had been dispensed with and there was nothing on the court form re: further fees I havnt paid anything since starting the MCOL. I have just found out that a further fee has to be paid EVEN though AQ dispensed with and the 14 days for paying this has long past. Have I now messed up any chance of my claim right at the last hurdle. Will the court/Cobbetts ask for this to be struck out now? REALLY worried and have been sat here since 5.30am just waiting for 9am to ring the court and try and sort this out. If anyone out there before 9am and can shed any light on this would REALLY appreciate. I cant believe I might have lost my claim at this stage! SO annoyed with myself!!!! HELP!! JG.

Hey, don't panic. I'm sure the court will understand and all will be okay.

Phone them when they open and explain the situation - tell them you did not know you had to pay the AQ Fee and arrange to make the payment asap. Others have done the same - there are threads concerning the same issue - it will be okay - no-one else has been struck out. All the best.

Clarion :)

Hey, don't panic. I'm sure the court will understand and all will be okay.

Phone them when they open and explain the situation - tell them you did not know you had to pay the AQ Fee and arrange to make the payment asap. Others have done the same - there are threads concerning the same issue - it will be okay - no-one else has been struck out. All the best.

Clarion :)

Thanks for that! I wish I could claim for stress from the bank - Id have so much money woudnt know what to do with it!!!!!!!

Absolutely, so would we all. They love to think they have us tied up in knots......I don't think any court would kick a case out based on a missed payment.....they are more likely to send you a reminder that you haven't paid. They know what these banks are doing to us....they're choc a block with cases.

Have a good day......let us know how it goes. :D

Absolutely, so would we all. They love to think they have us tied up in knots......I don't think any court would kick a case out based on a missed payment.....they are more likely to send you a reminder that you haven't paid. They know what these banks are doing to us....they're choc a block with cases.

Have a good day......let us know how it goes. :D

Will do and thanks again - it really helps when you know there are people out there having the same problems - cheers! Will ring the court at 9am and post the results here JG

HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF!!!!

Just rang the court and they say there isnt a further charge for this. Basically its up to each individual court as to whether they charge a fee when AQ dispensed with.

This is definitely something anyone in the same position should check up on as if the AQ dispensed with doesnt necessarily mean no fee. You need to ring the court and ask them as if there is a payment needs to be paid within 14 days of receiving the Notice of allocation to the Small Claims Track.

I did ask the court about amending the particulars of claim because at the rate NatWest putting charges on there will be another 400/500 before the hearing! The lady at court said a fresh claim would have to be put in. I thought there was a form you could complete at a cost of 35 pounds but she didnt say there was when I mentioned it - any thoughts anyone????

One of the posts has suggested writing to the bank if further charges are still being incurred once claim has begun - I was thinking of sending the following letter but before I do, can anyone let me know if this would be ok and if there is a "formal" form that should be completed to the court.......

For the attention of Stuart Higley

Customer Relations

NatWest

National Westminster House

225 Shenley Road

Borehamwood WD6 1TE

10 May 2007 [sent by next day guaranteed delivery]

and by Fax No. 0208 236 8010

Dear Mr Higley

Re Customer Name xxxxxxxx – Account No. xxxxxxxx

Reference xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx – WITHOUT PREJUDICE

A claim has been submitted through Small Claims and has been allocated a hearing date of 4 July. Albeit you are aware of this claim, it has been noted that you are still applying eroneous charges to my account.

Please be advised that I do not accept such penalty charges which I believe

are not proportional to your costs.

If you believe they are proportional to your costs, please advise me in writing

giving me a full breakdown as to how you have arrived at these penalty charges

In the meantime, I do not accept such penalty charges particularly as in Common Law they are unenforceable. I expect these charges to be refunded immediately.

PLEASE SUPPLY A LIST OF ALL CHARGES INCURRED ON THE ABOVE ACCOUNT FROM 31 JANUARY 2006 TO DATE OF YOUR REPLY BY NO LATER THAN 22 JUNE 2007 IN ORDER FOR THESE TO BE BROUGHT TO THE ATTENTION OF THE COURT ON 4 JULY.

Please acknowledge this letter

Your faithfully

…………………………………..

Name of customer

Cc Chester County Court

Cc Cobetts Solicitors, Manchester

i filled out my AQ and sent that back about a month ago. could i still write to the court requesting a draft order?

also for the actual draft order do i literally send the second page you have typed or do i need to send all that info with the covering letter?

i have written to DG 3 times now and no responce

You need to ring the court and ask them as if there is a payment needs to be paid within 14 days of receiving the Notice of allocation to the Small Claims Track.

I phoned Worcester Court for the exact same reason and was told (by a very nice man) that the Allocation Fee is only payable before allocation.

If you have a court date then you have already been allocated to a track, therefore you dont have to pay the fee.

i have written to DG 3 times now and no response

Me either RSG, im hoping to get an offer in the next 2 weeks, judging by others timescales. MCOL filed 28/02, Good luck to you.

:D

Hi

I need help, we are currently battling abbey and have had a letter to say there will be no AQ, we called the court to see if we needed to do anything and they said no just wait. We received a letter today to say unless we served a fully particularised claim form detailing how the claim is worked out it will be struck out, they want this by the 11th! I have another problem in that the PC I worked the claim out on blew up so I don't have the original spreadsheet, I have done it again but the intrest is more (about £60.00) Can anyone help?????

It sounds like they are asking for a schedule of charges? have you a hard copy of these? If so then just tranfer the details of the original to a new ss :) and add on the extra interest. entitle it "revised schedule of charges".

Thanks, will do. I have spoken to the court and they also asked for copies of all my statements with the charges on, I never had to any of this with Lloyds, just filled in the AQ!!!!! I thought with no AQ it would be easier!

just remember if you file an n244 - you then are responsible for serving it to dg - not the courts (i'm 99% certain this is so), so you have to send the new paperwork to dg. also, it puts you back to the 28 days again once you serve it. in some cases, it might be just as easy to forget extra charges and go for them in a second claim rather than to amend the existing one - there are pros and cons.

i'm adding this here for anyone reading about the amendment N244 form - it is true you need to re-serve it yourself - here is one person's tale from make me happy's thread:

Just want to really give some info to whoever has sent their form N244 to have their claim amended.

I have received original form back from court stamped on 20th April saying that the amendment to the claim was accepted by the judge. I have received the original amended N1 form I have originally sent, with a stamp on it. I did not really understand why, but thought that the court would re-serve this claim again.

Well, because I have amended the claim, I cannot monitor it online anymore. So, not knowing what it was happening I gave MCOL a call. they actually said that I had to serve HSBC myself with the original documents they have sent me back. I was very surprised as was nothing explaining what next together with the papers I have received. I then asked MCOL guy exactly what was the process. He said that I had to serve HSBC either by post or fax and then go to HMCS website and download form N215 and send with all the appropriate documents to Northampton Court to prove that the claim has been served. I would never had know if I hadn't phoned them!!!

So I have already faxed DG Solicitors with the Claim form. I took the oportunity to attach a breakdown of the charges I am claiming and sent form N215 to court with a copy of the fax transmission report.

as for the aq fee - yes,it is up to the local judge whether it applies or not - but we've not heard of anyone's case being thrown out because they didn't pay it..... best advice - as stated above - ring your local court to find out if the aq fee is payable even if the aq is dispensed.

to the3roses, yes, they are looking for a more complete breakdown - with the date of each charge, the name of each charge (as on the statements) and the amount of each charge. all totalled up and with the 8% interest showing. i've never known them ask for the statements - i'd def send copies, not the originals unless originals are specified. hopefully, you have a copy of your breakdown somewhere and can do it more fully (it is usually because the names of the charges is missing), but if you can't find it - you'll have to do the simple spreadsheet again - calling each charge what it's called on the statements and adjust the date of the s/s to the date you filed your claim. and for sure get it to them by friday or ring them tomorrow and explain your problem with the computer and ask for a few extra days - they will probably allow it - but you must ring.

I am new to this, so here goes. My case has ben transfered to my local county court and the A&Q is to be dispensed with unless the district judge decides otherwise. I contacted the local court today and was informed that D&G had been given an A&Q to complete but as yet had not returned it to the courts. I am being told to wait until the local judge decide whats next. Has anybody else had this where only the defendants are being asked to complete the A&Q. Any information would be gratefully recieved.

no, each local judge is dealing with this in different ways and i haven't seen that direction before - but it is a good one - it puts the ball in their court i would think.

now, i'd advise you writing to dg - the nudge letters i've done in post 1 of this thread and my other aq thread should give you a good start.

basically - what you are going to say is, your aq is dispensed with, theirs is yet to be returned, you understand how busy they are, but wouldn't they like to make this all go away and how you are sure the judge would appreciate you two settling the matter.

this serves to put the ball firmly in their court (no pun!) and were it to go further - it shows you as the one trying to settle it - ask for the full amount but show your willingness to settle. my advice on this thread is a nudging letter every 10 days until they offer - but with this direction - i'd write one tonight and get it off - it shows you are up with stuff - give dates - like as of xx/xx/xx you have yet to file the allocation questionaire as required by the court.....

Lateralus thank you for that, and the advice is understood. I only sent my first nudge letter last Friday, so I think I should wait a couple of more days before sending the next one. Could you confirm to me that D&G only have 14 days to return the A&Q to the courts ? What is the position if they fail to meet that deadline as today i believe is day 12.

Many thanks

I think what lat is saying is that now you have more information, write them another letter now stating that "you have yet to return your AQ to the court" and again asking them if they pay you £xxxx you will stop court proceedings. (once you have the money in your hands of course)

I think the courts are being leinient with dg when it comes to retuning AQ's and are likely to give them more time, but ring the court to see what the situation is on day 14.

Me again. Thanks for the help. I have just read my first post again and I think i might have given the immpression that the local judge has given an A&Q to DG. In fact it was the judge from Northampton (MCOL) who has directed this and dispensed with an A&Q for me. whilst transfering the case to my local court at Coventry. Does this change the situation for me ? . I guess I could still be asked to complete a A&Q by the local judge. Hope this makes sense to you.

Does this change the situation for me ? . I guess I could still be asked to complete a A&Q by the local judge.

Exactly the same as i received smith, if your case has been allocated to a court and you have a date for your hearing, there is no fee to pay. If you dont have a date yet im afraid i dont know, id suggest phoning coventry court and asking them.

:-D