• Tweets

• I can only speak from personal experience. But a similar thing happened to me. Seriously dented door.  I made the other insurance pay. They regarded it as a write off. Took the money, replaced the door. Never heard anything more about it.    Except clearly someone sold my details to claims company, because I got loads of calls in bad English for a few month's 
    • The incident was 03rd March 2024 - and that was the only letter that I have received from MET 15th April 2024 The charge I paid was at the Stansted Airport exit gate (No real relevance now - I thought this charge was for that!!).   Here is the content of email to them (Yes I know I said I was the driver !!!!) as said above -  I thought this charge was for that!! "Stansted Airport" Dear “To whom it may concern” My name is ??  PCN:  ?? Veh Reg: Date of Incident: 03rd March 2024 I have just received a parking charge final reminder letter, dated 10th April 2024 - for an overstay.  This is the first to my knowledge of any overstay. I am aware that I am out of the 28 days, I don’t mean to be rude, this feels like it is a scam My movements on this day in question are, I pulled into what looked like a service station on my way to pick my daughter and family up from Stansted airport. The reason for me pulling into this area was to use a toilet, so I found Starbucks, and when into there, after the above, I then purchased a coffee. After which I then continued with my journey to pick my daughter up. (however after I sent this email I remember that Starbucks was closed so I then I walked over to Macdonalds) There was no signs about parking or any tickets machines to explains about the parking rules. Once at Stansted, I entered and then paid on exit.  So Im not show where I overstayed my welcome.. With gratitude    
    • Just to enlarge on Dave's great rundown of your case under Penalty. In the oft quoted case often seen on PCNs,  viz PE v Beavis while to Judges said there was a case for claiming that £100 was a penalty, this was overruled in this case because PE had a legitimate interest in keeping the car park free for other motorists which outweighed the penalty. Here there is no legitimate interest since the premises were closed. Therefore the charge is a penalty and the case should be thrown out for that reason alone.   The Appeals dept need informing about what and what isn't a valid PCN. Dummies. You should also mention that you were unable to pay by Iphone as there was no internet connection and there was a long  queue to pay on a very busy day . There was no facility for us to pay from the time of our arrival only the time from when we paid at the machine so we felt that was a bit of a scam since we were not parked until we paid. On top of that we had two children to load and unload in the car which should be taken into account since Consideration periods and Grace periods are minimum time. If you weren't the driver and PoFA isn't compliant you are off scot free since only the driver is liable and they are saying it was you. 
    • Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Egg/DLC Debt Collectors

bradkb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5262 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello guys,

I am sorry but you are going about this in totally the wrong way. These parasites are laughing all the way to the bank.

I suggest you write the following letter to any future Debt Collection Agents (it will probably not work with these people sonce you have started making payments - but check with forum admins to make sure)

Dear Sir/Madam,

I do not acknowledge ANY debt to your company. I require you to supply the following documentation before I will correspond further on this matter.

1. You MUST supply me with a true copy of the alleged agreement you refer to. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1) for fixed sum credit) - your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal order in payment of the statutory fee, PO Serial Number xxxxxxxxxxxx.

2. You are notified that you are obliged to supply these documents, whether you are the original creditor or not under S189 of the CCA 1974.

Non-compliance with my request is a criminal offence under the above Act and will result in a report being submitted to the relevant statutory authorities.

As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the CCA and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued.

Take note at this stage, that any legal action you may contemplate will be both vigorously defended and contested.

Signed,

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello guys,

I am sorry but you are going about this in totally the wrong way. These parasites are laughing all the way to the bank.

I suggest you write the following letter to any future Debt Collection Agents (it will probably not work with these people sonce you have started making payments - but check with forum admins to make sure)

Dear Sir/Madam,

I do not acknowledge ANY debt to your company. I require you to supply the following documentation before I will correspond further on this matter.

1. You MUST supply me with a true copy of the alleged agreement you refer to. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1) for fixed sum credit) - your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal order in payment of the statutory fee, PO Serial Number xxxxxxxxxxxx.

2. You are notified that you are obliged to supply these documents, whether you are the original creditor or not under S189 of the CCA 1974.

Non-compliance with my request is a criminal offence under the above Act and will result in a report being submitted to the relevant statutory authorities.

As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the CCA and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued.

Take note at this stage, that any legal action you may contemplate will be both vigorously defended and contested.

Signed,

I hope this helps in some way. Allt eh best.

• 3 months later...

You would think so - but they don't. Usually they can't produce it which means the debt is unenforceable. Basically they have 12 working days to supply you with the CCA (please note this is not a copy of your original application form which is quite often what they send you if anything) from receipt of the request - so send it recorded. If they don't then they have defaulted. They then have another 30 days (calender days this time not working) to supply it. If they don't they have committed a criminal offence (£2.5K fine). The longer they take after this period to produce the CCA the higher the fine would be if criminal proceeds were to take place. Please note any prosecution and resultant fine would be in a criminal court not a civil one, which is where you would claim back charges and interest on the account.

This none compliance with your CCA creates a sort of mexican standoff as you don't want them to proceed with any civil action against you and they don't want you to report their criminal actions which will result in a fine.

I would also in your letter ask them for a Statement of Account, a copy of the executed deed of assignment from Egg to the Debt Collection Agency and a Fair Processing Notice.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

I've as similar instance to me, first it was csl trying all manner of rubbish and now its DCL. Their most recent letter says they've been assigned the debt. Does this mean they own it?

I intend at first point trying to get a cca off them but would appreciate any help with this as it develops.

I had a loan with egg but debt collection company was wescott , cca to wescot got letter and postal order back telling me thay had transferred account back to egg , so sent cca to egg no reply yet 10 days down anyone else dealt with egg after dca sent a/c back ? don't know whats happening heard nothing from egg whatsoever and wescott say a/c went back to egg 29th March so over a month now , getting a bit worried , help ??

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys- just joined as I was looking for any info on DLC> I have too many debts but am trying to sort and going the right way with most of my creditors. However, I have just experienced DLC tactics and from being in a good mood about how everyone was trying to help and working together to resolve the issues, these guys went straight for the jugular, no sympathy, no courtesy and no manners.:mad: Seems like I'm not the only one so I have cheered up a bit !!:)

Thanks for all advice i have read

Dear questor

My main advice with DLC is not to worry at all about what they say. I have been dealing with them for a while now,(see my above posts) And every now and again they will phone constantly and try and panic you. Never take the calls. Always in writing tell them that you will only accept written correspondence. Just keep insisting that you can only afford to pay the amount that you can and when you are in a situation to pay more you will as it benefits you as well as them. Just keep firm. Tell them you will report them for harrassment. They will try all sorts of tactics to make you pay more but stick to your guns they have pretty much no power expecially if u mantain a payment plan no matter how small the monthly payment.

Good luck! xxxxxxx

• 4 weeks later...

anyone know thse guys. I have written agreement from lloyds tsb for paying them an amount a month for 6 months. These guys have called after two and said they own it and i have to send them financial statements etc and then in the next breath say they are lloyds. I asked them if they were lloyds why they couldnt get my information to which they said they are seperate.... confused I am and they were extremely agressive .. the guy would not give his name.

Am i alone on this ??

Hi questor.

Firstly determine what the debt is for; either a loan or credit card, as this will determine your first steps. Sending a s77 or s78 cca request.

I have a proforma letter developed specifically for them for both instances.

In the proforma I have also requested the deed of assignment.

The letters they sent to me included a reply paid envelope - ignore this address as I checked with royal mail and the postcode doesn't exist. I think this is a ploy used by them to say (in all honesty) that they haven't received any communication from you! I used companies house webcheck service and found that dlc were a dormant company and they were a subsidiary of Hillesden Securities. I sent my letter and postal order direct to their registered office by recorded delivery.

If it was returned undeliverable you would have cause for complaint to the companies house registrar and their actions against hillesden would be severe.

Anyway, they received mine and have tried answering and using lots of flim flam but they haven't completed the full request and today is the day it goes into breach so they are going to get a lovely letter off me next week sometime.

They supplied me with some rubbish in place of the proper deed of assignment, claiming data protection reasons. I will not accept this.

This week they have managed to send me a copy of what looks like the first agreement with egg but in addition to it being way past the default time (so they would have to go to court to enforce it) the agreement looks to be completely unenforceable anyway as it has so many errors.

My advice would be to send the request and if they have your telephone number add a paragraph saying that you will under no circumstances conduct this matter in any way but writing or words to that effect.

After that point ignore everything they try to do. If they telephone you, tell them to go away and log the call (great evidence). If they write to you ignore it unless they are enclosing what you have asked for. The key point is to not do anything unless you have (ie if they start legal action) to until they have gone into breach and then they are in deep doodoo!

Keep a file of everything and send any correspondence by recorded delivery at the minimum. Good files and good evidence will help you succeed.

The letter is as follows:

Dear Sir/Madam,

1. You MUST supply me with a true copy of the alleged agreement you refer to. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.77 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 - your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal order in payment of the statutory fee, PO Serial Number xxxxxxxxxxxx.

2. You are notified that you are obliged to supply these documents, whether you are the original creditor or not under S189 of the CCA 1974. I also require a copy of the executed deed of assignment from egg to yourselves and a fair processing notice.

Signed,

Hi, wonder if someone can help me.

I wrote The letter to egg saying "I Do not acknowledge any debt"

I have received a letter back from them on the 12th day saying:-

Further to your recent request, I have pleasure in enclosing a copy of your signed Credit agreements in accordance with your rights under the consumer Credit Act 1974. I enclose copies of your latest statements.

Egg is under no obligation to provide you with a deed of assignment as our Terms and conditions state that we may sell accounts to third party companies.

I also received what looks to be a copy and pasted application form with the complete wrong dates and amounts on the form than that of my loan????? The paper is signed 2 years before the loan was credited!

Can anyone help, the loan is not in arrears but following calls from DCA's from other loans I have sent this letter to all my creditors!!

I also received what looks to be a copy and pasted application form with the complete wrong dates and amounts on the form than that of my loan????? The paper is signed 2 years before the loan was credited!

If Egg are happy to say that this child's collage of an agreement is a true copy of the credit agreement then I would be more than happy to accept it as such, 'cos it's completely unenforceable.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

As the 12 working days are up I would stop paying them. No need to inform them why - they should know why.

If a Default is applied it will be done unlawfully, as they are the ones in default. Also it will be in breach of The Data Protection Act 1998 as they do not have a document giving your consent to process your information.

They do like to give off a cuddly image.....until you can't pay that is, or have the audacity to dispute the debt.

Guys hopefully someone can help me out here. I am currently attempting to reclaim bank/credit card charges from MBNA and Lloyds (Just started but threads ongoing elsewhere). Once I get the initial stages of MBNA and Lloyds out of the way I will be turning my attention onto Egg.

Originally I had a CC with Egg and later a loan. I fell behind on both and eventually they defaulted me and passed them on to Wescot (i think) for the card and DLC for the loan.

I buried my head in the sand for a long time hence the default and then woke up and decided I should try and pay off anything owed. I repayed the credit card but obviously the default is still there for another 3 years but the loan was quite large probably around 9k and at the time I could only afford to pay £10 a month. I have now increased that to £20 and DLC are looking for me to increase it.

This may sound silly but I reckon that although I could likely increase the repayments to around £35 or £40 per month the size of the loan compared to the repayments would still not bring me much closer to clearing it.

I was considering that whilst I claimed charges against them, that I might send a CCA regarding the loan to see if they can provide the relevant documentation. I would in the meantime then inform DLC (Sorry but I really dont like them) that the loan was in dispute and cease to pay or at least keep up the minimum £20 payment. If I do this however who do I send the CCA to, is it Egg or is it DLC?

Sorry if that is a bit long winded but hopefully someone can help.

Egg will repay charges and interest far faster than MBNA or Lloyds, 4 weeks from SAR to payment being common nowadays, involving 2 letters in plain English, with no need for legal form filling -- just follow recent winners' footsteps in V-E Day thread index. Two repayments, separate for CC and loan account, are likely to be routed to yourself rather than the DCA.

Hi,

I have receivede a credit agreement from my egg card and it all looks ok??

Could someone please let me know how a C/C should be set out as there does not seem to be much information on it??

I have had a loan agreement which is seriously dodgy and cannot believe that they can produce an ok Card agreement.

Any help greatly appreciated as always.

Hi,

I cancelled my Direct debit to Egg following them not being able to provide a valid CCA.

Egg are now starting to call me 2 or 3 times a day, my next payment is not due until 29 June so I am not even in arrears.

I have had a letter telling me to reinstate my Direct Debit payment!!

Does anyone have a template for a second letter advising them that they have not provided a true CCA??

Also, the 12 + 2 days were exceeded on 20th June.

• 4 weeks later...

:evil: Hi guys am new to this forum but have been to it many times for help and guidance the info is very good so thank you to all whom give advice or even constructive criticism!

I was a victim of bank fraud back in 2002 it is a long story but had thouands of pounds taken from my account over a period of three weeks until I became aware of the issue upon recieveing my statement.

I had taken a loan to the value of £15000 when the fraud took place and basically my card was used as far as Coventry, Wales,Brighton.

I believed I had engaged the services of a top solicitor but he failed to get a resolution on the matter.

Fast forward to 2007 we are in a time where id fraud is unfortunately common place my bank refused to believe I was a victim and my debts were passed to DLC.

I have stated to DLC that as I am in dispute with the bank one of the supposed top four my £15000 has become £23500.

I am continually sent threatening letters and also appear no closer to a resolution on this matter.

I am a victim never felt that I would be in such a position to make matters worse the company insisit on calling my parents home to ask for me and send letters to the same address.

I am in a unfortuante position re this matter and am wanting to bring this matter to a conclusion so I can get on with my life.

PS The above is a synopsis of what has taken place to make things as relevant as possible.

Hi Dil,

You need to send DLC a CCA request and a harassment by telephone letter.

It's best if you start your own thread on this, that way you will get more advice and your posts won't be lost in this thread.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5262 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks