Bank Charges

deeks1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the informative contributions, great site why oh why didn't I discover this site last week.

We recently took the decision to attempt to get our bank charges which we believe to be somewhere in the region of £2000+ over the last six years. I posted the request for statements at the end of March 2007 obtaining the address from Barclays call centre, unfortunately after checking this site today, it would appear to the address is incorrect. Any advice on what I should do? Secondly reading Wilkins thread really interested me because I was unaware we could claim for more than the six years. As I have just made a request for statements going back six years, do I send another letter asking them to disregard the initial letter and requesting statements going back to 1992. Advice please, I have sent a cheque for £10 with the original letter. Your advice please.

Thanks in advance

Deeks1

Hi Deeks1. In the first place I would only recommend you go back 6 years, there are people trying to go back farther, but the process is complicated. If there are any Mod's watching this, Please corrected me if I am wrong.

In your 1st attempt I would just go for 6 years.

I have found that all correspondence to Barclays ends up at the same place, so I would not worry about this, give them their 40 days and be ready with, if you need it :- http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

This is only my opinion, I hope it helps

Lex

Please see :- http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/42260-alex-barclays.html?highlight=alex+v

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

i would send them a reminder on around the 30th day, then after the 40th day if you havent received your statements then i would complain to the ICO, and send them the lba for unknown/estimate amount.

lisa

if i have helped you at all click please the scales on top right!

ABBEY

11/4 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) SENT OFF

1/6 LBA SENT

22/7 LETTER SENT REQUESTING THEM TO REFUND CHARGES

15/7 STATEMENTS RECEIVED (ALL 6 YEARS WORTH)

20/7 CLAIM ISSUES IN OLDHAM COUNTY COURT.

8/8 CLAIM ACKNOWLEDGED GIVING THEM TILL 21/8.......

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

16/6 Data Protection Act SENT OFF

5/8 t mobile have failed to comply with the Data Protection Act/S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) reques ....BRING IT ON BABY!!

7/8 LBE SENT GIVING THEM 7 DAYS TO COUGH UP MY CASH

7/9 FULL REFUND BEEN SENT!!

Hi Deeks1. In the first place I would only recommend you go back 6 years, there are people trying to go back farther, but the process is complicated. If there are any Mod's watching this, Please corrected me if I am wrong.

In your 1st attempt I would just go for 6 years.

I have found that all correspondence to Barclays ends up at the same place, so I would not worry about this, give them their 40 days and be ready with, if you need it :- http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

This is only my opinion, I hope it helps

Lex

Please see :- http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/42260-alex-barclays.html?highlight=alex+v

Hey Lex, thanks for your advice I appreciate it, I thought given the success of Wilkins who claimed back to 1991. It was worth a try??

HI, Don't know if this is useful but if you go into your branch a lloyds account you can ask for a print off of your charges for the last 6 years it has details on dates,amounts and interest and its free.

They will try to fob you by saying you need to pay £10 for statments but you dont ,it has the same info on charges just like your statments and you get them on the spot.

Dont know if other banks do it>

Hi All, Thanks for your advice (I am following your thread with great interest Alex - thx for the link), I am really interested in understanding how to pursue claims going back further than the 6 years. Do we initially apply for the six years and then once successfully recieved then apply for the charges going back further????

Thats what I would, deeks. By just going back for the six years charges you will learn so much about the way the claiming system works. You will then be more confidant to take on what appears to be a very complicated legal battle. I will keep a eye on your thread and try to point you to some very helpful people if you need their help.

Alex

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

&

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 1 month later...

Once again assistance is needed in prove reading this letter I am about to send off. Your advice and opinions would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Dear Sir

I am contacting you with reference to my letter dated the 28th March 2007. I made a Subject to Access Request under the Data Protection Act and gave 40 days for the information to sent, to date I am yet to receive any response.

As per the Data Protection Act, you are required to disclose ALL information you hold on me. I therefore require information going back as far as you hold. Please note I am aware that the Limitations Act has no bearing here and I will now not accept 6 years statements as a completed Data Protection Act request.

I am allowing an additional 7 days to respond to my request, before seeking a Court order obliging you to do so together with damages at the discretion of the Court and without any further notice.

Yours faithfully

Cheers

Lots of contributors to this site have written evidence that Barclays keep their information on file for 12 years.

Let them know you know how far back their records go.

And remind them that your request was properly served, with the necessary payment etc.

(They sent me 6yrs info initially, I've written back asking for the rest, but nothing so far... I can feel a court visit coming on....:D )

;)

Thanks a lot oneofakind.

I have also seen threads were they have gone back further than 12 years(not sure whether it was in this forum or another bank).

This being the case I am hesitant to include your info.

I really would like to hear from others also, is there maybe more generic type info I could include? I would like to get it to post today.

Many thanks again.

See http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/80683-please-post-how-far-10.html for latest information on the policies of each bank.

Tell Barclays '...I am aware that you hold this information for at least 12 years...' or similar.

you're not commiting yourself to anything, just letting them know they've more than 6.

;)

Hi Deeks,

I am now chasing H.S.B.C for 6 years plus charges. Have a look at the S.R.A. that myself and many members of the site have put together :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-788922.html

If it helps, feel free to adapt it to suit your needs.

Regards,

Alex

&

Hi Everyone

Calling on all expertise again.

Sent the following last week:

Dear Sir

I am contacting you with reference to my letter dated the 28th March 2007. I made a Subject to Access Request under the Data Protection Act and gave 40 days for the information to sent, to date I am yet to receive any response.

As per the Data Protection Act, you are required to disclose ALL information you hold on me. I therefore require information going back as far as you hold. Please note I am aware that the Limitations Act has no bearing here and I will now not accept 6 years statements as a completed Data Protection Act request.

I am allowing an additional 7 days to respond to my request, before seeking a Court order obliging you to do so together with damages at the discretion of the Court and without any further notice.

Yours faithfully

Still no response. I am getting really worried now, what do I do now? and how do I go about doing it?

Thanks Everyone

Hi Deeks,

Time to think about this:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-38735.html

On reflection see post below

&

Hi Deeks,

I would now try this, :- http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-38735.html

Amend it to suit your details and send a copy to Barclays. Give them 14 days to reply or you will file at court. When the first 7 days are up, ring them and remind them what you are going to do and send this :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6971-data-protection-act-non.html

Remind them you are going to file !!!

You might like to post your letter's before you send them for us to have a look at?

Lex

&