2 Accounts - 1 Claim or 2??

HONESTKNOB

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've just got my statements back on my Business and my Joint account.

Is it possible to submit them both on one claim or is it best to keep them seperate? I'm mainly thinking about when it gets to the court stage and it would be cheaper in fees if they were lumped together in one claim.

Any advice would be welcome.

Cheers

If both accounts are in your name you can claim them as one claim. The Particulars of Claim need to be a little different as the statutes that are used apply to personal accounts but not business accounts.

Have a look at my post here to see how the court claim might be phrased.

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

i am not sure on this one to start with business account and current account are submit with diffrent term and condition if i was you i will keep it seperate as the process seems to be quite different. i don't agree with advoc8, as your current account involve a joint account and by so it is not tied to the business account. i hope this help ypou better check with the mod. lol

I have to agree with Phil, I successfully claimed on a NW business account and a personal account. I did them as two separate claims but in my situation the business account was for a Ltd Company with a totally different name to my personal account.

The letters and PofC for business accounts are slightly different from personal accounts, it could all get a bit muddled up further down the line.

If you are intending to use MCOL then you will definitely have to do them seperately because there simply wont be room on the online form to fit all the details in.

But Advoc8 is totally correct in saying that if accounts are in same names then they can be claimed together, the link he provided is very useful if you decide to do the claims together, but I can only see this being valid for sole traders with 'named' business accounts.