vdiddy vs Woolwich

vdiddy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi vdiddy, which letter did you send?

If it's the request for statements (SAR letter), you wait 40 days +2 days for postage = 10th May.

If you mean you sent the letter requesting £xxx amount of charges to be refunded (prelim letter), then you must wait at least 14 days for them to respond, and again I suppose +2 days for postage before you mail your LBA = 12th April.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

• 2 weeks later...

Hi V

If you have sent your LBA (along with copies of your shedule) you give them 2 days postage time (hope you sent it recorded) then 14 days.

So if you have'nt heard by friday 27th april head for the court ( i would download the N1 from here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/844-n1-claims-form-pdf.html

Fill in like this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-4-particulars-claim-n1.html

by Thursday 26th) and get down the local county court by lunchtime.

Then about 2 o'clock have a beer and sit in the pub with a big smile on your face :D .

Alternatively use this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/helpful-external-links/10-moneyclaim-start-your-county.html

Nowhere near as much fun as the above, but maybe more convinient

AL:grin:

-------------------------

CAPITAL ONE * SETTLED*31st Oct 06

HBOS *SETTLED* 8th Oct 06

WOOLWICH *SETTLED*12thJan2007

Monument (Barclays) *SETTLED*10thMar2007

Hi has anyone had their account closed by the woolwich after successfully claiming charges?

no and im on my third claim with them. in anycase woolwich will be no longer as from may 4th. we're going to barbados whoops i meant barclays. :grin:

I voluntarily shut my account with them whilst I am still in the middle of two account reclaims ... I thought I'd get in before them :D not that I ever found them to be an overly customer-friendly bank anyway.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

3 Wins :

I am in the middle of a claim(LBA LETTER) and they are still demanding that i pay up the negative balance in my account.I have written to Woolwich collections in Manchester advising them that my account is in dispute and instead they should cough up but they insist that i clear the overdrawn balance or they take me to court blah blah blah. What should i do?

As long as you have proof that they have received your 'in dispute' letter, I would simply focus on your claim and consider their counter 'threat' as a distraction tactic. As I understand it, they are not legally allowed to pass your account over to a DCA once it is declared as in dispute (and both parties are aware of this as you put it in writing). So I'd file their letters with everything else and avoid discussing it further on the telephone - make sure everything is in writing from now on.

3 Active Claims:

3 Wins :

Hi the Woowich have until Friday to respond to my LBA and i am panicking maybe the never received my letters wich i sent through recorded mail.Do they usually respond at the 11th hour i.e Thursday in my case.I have sent everything to the Clacton-on sea addrress, is that right?

Today , Thursday not heard anything from the Woolwich.My LBA gives them till tomorrow to respond.Should i give them a call to remind them of my impending court actions or just go ahead with court proceedings?

Hi diddy

No dont bother with the phone call, just get yourself off down the court and file your claim :o . Then in a couple of months you will be able to enjoy your money when they pay up, cos they aint going to without filing a claim:) .

AL:D

-------------------------

CAPITAL ONE * SETTLED*31st Oct 06

HBOS *SETTLED* 8th Oct 06

WOOLWICH *SETTLED*12thJan2007

Monument (Barclays) *SETTLED*10thMar2007

Thanks i am heading off to the court this afternoon or i will do it on line. Another thing. how do i work out the interest.Is it a percentage of the total money owed ?Please advise.

Hi the Woolwich have sent me an offer of £2233.00 from the £2977 original claim.I am debating on weather to take this offer or not.My problem is my account is £500 overdrawn due to additional charges imposed by them between the time i started claiming and now.I rang them and they said the offer includes all current charges and i am finding that a rip off.Should i tell them i will only accept their offer only when they have zerod my balance or take them to the docks?

Guest Mumofthreeboys

They won't take any notice until your court date is imminent. You can then ask them to pay the additional charges, but if they won't you'll have to start over for the recovery of those or you could file an N244 and amend your claim to include the newer charges.