• Tweets

• Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant .... I said DCBL because I was reading a few threads about them discontinuing claims and getting spanked in court! Meant  YOU  Highview !!!  🖕
    • Yep, I read that and thought about trying to find out what the consideration and grace period is at Riverside but not sure I can. I know they say "You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is"  but I doubt they would disclose it to the public, maybe I should have asked in my CPR 31.14 letter? Yes, I think I can get rid of 5 minutes. I am also going to include a point about BPA CoP: 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place. I think that is Deception .... They giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other! One other point to note, the more I read, the more I study, the more proficient I feel I am becoming in this area. Make no mistake DBCL if you are reading this, when I win in court, if I have the grounds to make any claims against you, such as breach of GDPR, I shall be doing so.
    • Six months of conflict have also taken a heavy economic toll.View the full article
    • the Town and Country [advertisments ] Regulations 2007 are not easy to understand. Most Council planing officials don't so it's good that you found one who knows. Although he may not have been right if the rogues have not been "controlling" in the car park for that long. The time only starts when the ANPR signs go up, not how long the area has been used as a car park.   Sadly I have checked Highview out and they have been there since at least 2014 . I have looked at the BPA Code of Practice version 8 which covers 2023 and that states Re Consideration and Grace Periods 13.3 Where a parking location is one where a limited period of parking is permitted, or where drivers contract to park for a defined period and pay for that service in advance (Pay & Display), this would be considered as a parking event and a Grace Period of at least 10 minutes must be added to the end of a parking event before you issue a PCN. It then goes on to explain a bit more further down 13.5 You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is. 13.6 Neither a consideration period or a grace period are periods of free parking and there is no requirement for you to offer an additional allowance on top of a consideration or grace period. _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________So you have  now only overstayed 5 minutes maximum since BPA quote a minimum of 10 minutes. And it may be that the Riverside does have a longer period perhaps because of the size of the car park? So it becomes even more incumbent on you to remember where the extra 5 minutes could be.  Were you travelling as a family with children or a disabled person where getting them in and out of the car would take longer. Was there difficulty finding a space, or having to queue to get out of the car park . Or anything else that could account for another 5 minutes  without having to claim the difference between the ANPR times and the actual times.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

ppi welcome

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have just requested the refund of my ppi from welcome which totalled £3363.58 including homecare?lifecare?? and medicare??? they have acknowledged reciept and are investigating hmmm .Can anyone advise can they add all the insurance at the start of the agreement and charge interest at 19.96% for the term on all of it is this misselling .

There is also acceptance fee of £235 and mortgage indemnity fee of £1650 can they apply these on a 15k secured loan .

Loan 15k +insurance 3363.58 + other charges 1885 total 20248.58 paid installments of 300.22 for 18 months cost to settle £19645 can anyone advise ,i have a similar ppi claim with m+s.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have just realised that i was on a fixed term contract 3 years when this was taken out ,my epmployment status was never asked for ,as it was a joint application i was the only one who was covered ,my better half wasn't and she was in full time employment !!

Hello Crampers,

As far as i know, they acceptancy charge has to be applied after interest as it an admin fee and not the loan amount and the insurance....but APR on the top of the PPI ..etc... is absolutly legable...was it mis-sold to you? it seems hell a lot of insurances( i also have 2)...not sure about indemnity fee..

Have u send them prelim?

have they applied extra fees as well?

have u cancell the insurances? if not...cancel them staright away.....

Kind regards,

Maria

Carphone Warehouse WON £195.00

Welcome Finance in Court. N244 accepted.

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

Halifax solo, switch, Credit Classic, Halifax one Itsme Vs Halifax 2 accounts

Creation Finance Prelim received offer of £79.88.... Itsme VS Creation Finance

Vodafone overcharged Vodafon.. anything that could be done?

U know where the scales r:)))))

as we settled the agreement i was under the impression that the insurances would be cancelled ,i sent a prelim 18th march 07 got an acknowledgement nothing else yet ,then sent a letter asking for explanation of the indemnity fee as there was sufficient equity on the property should the wheels fall off no reply as yet .i took the agreement through hfs the agreement was just sent out in the post and we signed it we were desperate ,the ppi was conditional as far as i can remember the other insurances i dont know where they came from .i believe it was mis-sold and its up to them to prove it wasnt.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/ppi/80582-ppi-claims.html#post741510

crampers, that is what I am challenging, I have approx 5K in inusrances, dont know what they are for, after coming here and doing an SAR I discovered that they are another name for Higher Lending Charge but should only apply to mortgages where you borrow over 75% of the property value, so IMHO, unfair, I am challenging this and just trying to sort out how much i have paid to date, and want it back!! good luck, let us know how it is going. (see this thread above)

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

hello all recieved my reply from welcome today enclosing a copy of the agreement highlighting the sections where it states the ppi is optional and highlighting our signatures plus a copy of the customer declaration form highlighted confirming our acceptance of the insurances purchased and the fact that the ppi is optional .We did recieve a "pro rata " refund of £600 they say they have enclosed a copy of the settlement statement which they havent ,hardly pro rata .

taken directly from the letter "in view of the documentary evidence available to me i am unable to agree that the ppi was mis-sold and as such no further refund will be given .

the acceptance fee is part of the total charge for credit and its application is standard on our loans .As a result no repayment shall be forthcoming .You will note that charging acceptance fees is not unlawful.

the MIF applied was included in the total advance so in the advance so in the event of us enforcing our security ,Welcome will not pursue you should there be insufficient funds to cover the loan .The MIF'S application was applied as standard on all our secured loans as standard REGARDLESS OF EQUITY !!

Anyone any thoughts or assistance all appreciated

hello crampers, sounds like the standard stuff i got from them, re the MIG, they are a joke! they rang me and asked what was happening?? we will see.

you could go ahead with the complaint to ombudsman, they are interested in misselling of these insurances.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

thanks again i have just noticed the customer declaration form has no agreement number or date on it both left blank apparently i purchased 6 units of medicare eh!1 unit of lifecare ! and 1 unit of homecare anyone tell me what a unit of insurance is?

in relation to the ombudsman complaint could you advise on what i send them with the complaint and is the wording of the complaint basically the same as the LBA?

our complaints procedure and how to complain

you can download a form here, they tell you how to fill it in and address etc.

did you look at the TimesOnline article link above which advises claiming and complaining (I have done so) no replies but will let you know how its going, good luck

I would like to see group complaint or something along those lines if possible re Welcome Finance as there appear to be many threads about them and their dodgy deals, car finance, insurance fees, PPI, arrangement fees, a counselling fee (?) that is just filling in the form not telling you any of the info you are legally entitled to and not supplying the relevant additional material!?!

The City watchdog has given consumers the green light to claim for ‘useless’ debt insurance, which many people don’t even know they have. Once they do, the revolt could be bigger than bank charges. By Clare Francis

this is from Tides post.

Maybelline, Welcome is not under FOS...they will return the complain and reffer you to FSA and FLA.(this it what happend to mine)

lets make a big complain to FSA about welcome..its a great idea

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

hi, maybe the mods can help with that, there are other mass complaints being drawn together from the caggers, how many do we need I wonder, TS dont want to know either, apparently its about budgets, all the cost involved in taking them to court, so maybe if enough of us get together it will be worth it for them to pursue?

I would tend to agree that you should all Complain to the FSA regarding Welcome, Though the FSA will not take on Individual Complaints as such they will of course pass it onto the deparpment that Monitors Welcome Finance. The more Complaints that they recieve the better, they may even take some action if enough complaints are received.

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Thank you, Ian, so how do we start?

xxx

Probably the best way is for each Individual to write a letter of complaint to the FSA, When I complained about GE Money and they way they Ignored my complaint etc initially I enclosed copies off all correspondence that I had with GE.

Again the FSA will not take on your Individual complaint but will add into their system relating to Welcome etc.

Ian

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Ian, i did sent mine to FSA and received same reply as you did and every single individual..but i believe Maybelline is talking about the group complaint that will include all or some customers from CAG of Welcome that had been mis-sold PPI....Medicare, Indemnity Fees, etc...i think it's a great idea...i also think if we can post this complain to any newspaper that would be intrested......

regards,

Maria

Ps crampers, do complain to FSA and FLA, don't to FOS

A group complaint to the FSA regarding Welcome is a good idea.. I would support it but I have not got a complaint with them.. Perhaps we could also raise a General complaint to the FSA regarding PPI as well as one against Welcome ..

I do what I can to highlight the Problems and the Rip off with PPI with the press etc, Ive been a bit quiet past few weeks, but there is something Brewing with the Press, And as soon as the Court gives Directions for my case against GE along with a court Date,, then all will be revealed in National Press..

Ian

sorry folks to be a pain how does one go about complaining to these autorities ,a general letter i cannot see any information on the websites . I am sure the FOS deal with complaints of any financial products should the company not resolve the matter satisfactorily .

Crampers, do not complaint to them. Welcome is not regulated by FOS....they will reffer u to FSA and FLA.

crampers, I think you might give it a try if you have already tried WF and they have sent their final response. this is where I am up to with the financial ombudsman, they need copies of all your letters to them and their replies - they will not do anything unless you can show you have a final response from them (financial ombudsman informed me that the creditor has eight weeks to try to sort out the issue but I thought that it wa the ombudsman service that had eight weeks??) either way I am pursuing the complaint, WF letters to me make it clear their letter is final so that shoudl do.

i think i will try welcome again theres a few points on the letter that i may query plus i will ask for the insurance policies,schedules and companies/company that provided the insurance or copies of same ,in relation to the ppi they have no argument in relation to the misselling merely that we have signed the declaration of course we bloody did if we didnt no money !!! The Mortgage Indemnity Fee was standard surely it can't be if theres sufficient equity there is no reason for it i will therefore be requesting details of it as well .Then we go to the lot.

i have prepared the following response any thoughts anyone

In response to your letter dated 16th April 2007 we do not dispute signing the agreement our concern is with the selling of the Payment Protection Insurance when the insurance was sold we were informed that the insurance was a conditional part of the loan we were never provided with figures without the Payment Protection Insurance nor were we informed that we could have arranged our own insurance ,at the time the agreement was signed both of us were in full time employment with generous sick pay and therefore had no need of the Payment Protection Insurance this is why I believe the Payment Protection Insurance was mis-sold .

You have stated in your letter that you have enclosed a copy of the settlement agreement which you have not ,we have never received any copy of this agreement and I therefore suggest that it does not exist ,I do recall receiving a cheque for approximately £600 this I suggest is not in proportion (pro rata ) to the cost of the premium £2763.58 I would therefore require you to provide me with details of how the pro rata refund was calculated .

We would also require that you provide details on the other insurances that were attached to the agreement namely Medicare 24 ,Lifecare 24 ,Homecare 24 the total of these premiums being £600 we therefore require all policies relating to these insurances ,the name of the insurer ,what exactly they covered ,why they were attached to the loan and an explanation as to why we never received any documentation in relation to these policies .We would also like an explanation as to why there is no agreement number or date on the Customer declaration form which makes the Customer Declaration form worthless in my opinion .

We also require you to provide details of the Mortgage Indemnity which you purchased £1650 and a detailed explanation of why it was required on the property I am sorry but the explanation that it was applied as standard is insufficient for our requirements we require your explanation as to why a loan of £15000 can be regarded as a mortgage ,was £15000 above 75% of the value of the property and which company you purchased the insurance from .

We require a satisfactory response to our queries within 14 days .