advice needed,on so many debt collectors after me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5141 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi sue, that was realy nice what you put, i and im sure most people can relate to it very well,

before i discoverd this site, any letters that came thru my door from debt collectors was put straight in to the bin, my phone would be constently ringing driving me mad, letters dca would send to say they were gonna come round my house on such a day would leave me bricking it. my blinds in my front window was always closed shut,and i never opened that window, (cos i had seen a debt collectors show on tv, where the man turns up at a house and goes thru the window,and apparently he is well within his rights to do so)

now things are very different,il have my blinds open and i will open that window, i have caller id on my phone and have barred with held numbers,and il open my mail with a smile on my face and not feel depressed and sad, and know i can go on this web site and share it with you guys and get that much needed support and advice that can make me that stronger person ive so longed to be thru out all this. xx

• Haha 1

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mich

As you show Gloucester on your postings I've been thinking about you (and your Dad) over the weekend and since given the appalling floods and damage in your region.

To hell with the DCAs - just give us all a post to show you're OK and coping with the floods will you?

As ever.

Van

P.S. If you want a bit of a laugh look on my thread - Old Age Pensioner -v-HSBC and my quest for an avatur. It's obviously not all doom and gloom on CAG.

hi thank you for your kind message

it ent good in gloucester at the moment , luckly the floods never got to my house,but it was flooded down the road 4ft high.

electric was off at the week end, and we have no water since sunday! and not likely to be back on till around 2 weeks time!!

people are bulk buying every thing at the shops and them water pumps are always empty! i tryed hand washing some clothes today (ive 3 children, 3yr old a 2 yr old and a 9 month old, its so hard to keep em clean! lol) but the washing dident go to plan, the clothes are still all soapy,i dident want to waste to much water, so ive hung it all on the washing line in hope the rain will wash it off, and guess what the rain has stoped!!! xx

michelle, bless, you gotta laugh, and I bet your three are like pigs in muck:eek: they love it.

Take care:)

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

hope everything goes ok

• Haha 1

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

Hi Mich

Just to let you know debt collector's are not allowed to enter your property either through an open window, or even through the gate. If they dont leave you can actually call the police. The only one's that can come in through an open window is a Baliff, but only if you have a county court order and haven't paid this order.

Hope this sets your mind at rest I too am in the same boat, and even though i get down at times, just remember there is worse things going on in this world than being in debt.

Best wishes

Fran

• Haha 1

Hi Mich. I'm sorry to hear you're being hounded by the weather (preferable to being hounded by a DCA?). I wondered if it might be easier to peg the kids on the line, fully clothed the next time it rains? :rolleyes:

Hope things improve.

Best wishes ;)

• Haha 1

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

lol !!

hi, i might just do that, its very tempting, ive been bathing them in a bucket! lol, they love it., and my hair.......it looks like a style from a shock waves advert!

thankfuly a friend is gonna take me down to a laundrette tomorrow.

franmc12, thank you for your advice,im sure ive heared that in the past that ddc have no power. thinking about it im sure the show i once watched on tv was called baliffs. thank you again, xx

;) Thanks, Mich - glad you're laughing.

"and my hair.......it looks like a style from a shock waves advert!

thankfuly a friend is gonna take me down to a laundrette tomorrow."

Am i missing something? Have the local launderettes started a new hairdressing service. Wow how things have changed! :p

Best wishes x

Listen Mitch, if you take the little ones down to the launderette don't put them in the spindryer!

Do you like my new avatur?

Regards

Van

hi van,:D your avatur looks good. xx

hi everyone,:-D

i have had some good news today in the post. when i first emailed trading standards i also emeiled the office of fair trading, as i heard nothing i guessed they wasent interested.

i have a letter of them,which reads....

i am contacting you regarding a complaint you made to consumer direct on 16th may regarding a company called lowell financial ltd

the above company holds a consumer credit licence that is regulated by thr office of fair trading (oft) it is the oft duty to consider a companys ongoing fitness to hold a consumer credit licence . if evidence excists that a company may be unfit becouse they commit unfair business practices the oft can challenge the companys right to hold a consurmer credit lisence.

the complaint you made regarding lowell financial ltd would therefoe help us to evidence buisness practices that might cast doubt upon there fitness to hold a consumer credit licence.we would therefore like to receive further details of your complaint against lowell finacial ltd, including any documentation which you regard as relevant, along with your permission to use the infomation you have supplied in any action the oft may take against the company.

if you are happy to provide us with further details of your complaint and your it would be very helpful to recieve these by 7th august

so il be sending them copies of all letters i have recieved and have sent them.:-D xx

• Haha 1

hi everyone,:-D

i have had some good news today in the post. when i first emailed trading standards i also emeiled the office of fair trading, as i heard nothing i guessed they wasent interested.

i have a letter of them,which reads....

i am contacting you regarding a complaint you made to consumer direct on 16th may regarding a company called lowell financial ltd

the above company holds a consumer credit licence that is regulated by thr office of fair trading (oft) it is the oft duty to consider a companys ongoing fitness to hold a consumer credit licence . if evidence excists that a company may be unfit becouse they commit unfair business practices the oft can challenge the companys right to hold a consurmer credit lisence.

the complaint you made regarding lowell financial ltd would therefoe help us to evidence buisness practices that might cast doubt upon there fitness to hold a consumer credit licence.we would therefore like to receive further details of your complaint against lowell finacial ltd, including any documentation which you regard as relevant, along with your permission to use the infomation you have supplied in any action the oft may take against the company.

if you are happy to provide us with further details of your complaint and your it would be very helpful to recieve these by 7th august

so il be sending them copies of all letters i have recieved and have sent them.:-D xx

Hey this is good news!:-D

I've complained to my local TS about the way lowells have treated me but unfortunately they didn't feel able to help.:evil: maybe i should try oft?

i'm really pleased that you're getting everything sorted, this site is just so fab, things didn't get as bad for me as they have been for you, but i dread to think what i would have ended paying people if i hadn't found this site.

well done with all you've achieved!

maggieboo :)

• Haha 1

when you complain to the OFT they pass it to Consumer Direct who in both my cases passed it to my Local TS anyway, but if you go through CD and they refer you, you have a better chance of something happening.

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

Hi Mich, that is good news. I've read another thread over the weekend where the poster had a similair letter. OFT seem quite keen to gather evidence on these companies, so the more of us that supply them with info, the more likely these DCAs will get a proverbial kick up the arse!!

Have you got your water back on now? Hope all is ok.

;)

YES YES YES:p getting there mich, slowly, the OFT have taken on my complaint re 1st credit, let us hope that all the evidence we are sending, will lead to a good and proper shake up of the way these dca's operate:cool:

Some light reading for you, if you haven't already seen Wescot- Did you know... , we're getting screwed every which way:eek:

Hope your drying out, and not looking to much like a new age traveller:)

Complain complain and complain some:p more

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

Hi Mich glad you are managing to sift through it all and sort some of it out, reminds me how many letters I've got in a bag to sort out myself:shock:. When I finally get round to it though I will let them have it!:-x

Sandy xx

• Haha 1

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

I downloaded a copy of the Office of Fair Tradings' guidlines on debt recovery & sent it to some of the debt collectors hassling us. I also told a debt collector on the phone to listen very carefully and get his manager to pull this call & listen to it. I then went into my script on how they were breaking guidelines by their behaviour.ie: The debt was being paid off Via Payplan, my third party reps, they cannot refuse to deal with my reps! As I am paying this debt and they are still hassling me it is deemed to be in dispute so the have to put it on hold while investigating!. My husband has a mental health problem, having been advised of this they must not continue to harrass! Also the Banks MUST tell you if they are passing your debt to a collector & who. Our debt has been passed from one company to another without the Bank advising us - even though we are paying them back via Payplan. I wrote to the financial ombudsman about this and they have agreed to follow it up! I have received letters from these debt collectors apologising and we no longer get any hassle. We have £25,000 in debt incurred when my husband became unable to work following a car crash and I had to stop work to care from him. We are lucky none of it is attached to our mortgage, so as long as I keep up my mortgage payments, I don't have to worry about losing my home. As for the banks etc they can whistle for it, they are getting what we can afford. I have found out that the banks are not supposed to take charges from people who are in receipt of Income support etc as this is deemed to cause hardship. Funny one that, as I know plenty of people who's benefits have been swallowed up by bank charges!! That will be my next attack!!! lol

• Haha 1

hi sue, that was realy nice what you put, i and im sure most people can relate to it very well,

before i discoverd this site, any letters that came thru my door from debt collectors was put straight in to the bin, my phone would be constently ringing driving me mad, letters dca would send to say they were gonna come round my house on such a day would leave me bricking it. my blinds in my front window was always closed shut,and i never opened that window, (cos i had seen a debt collectors show on tv, where the man turns up at a house and goes thru the window,and apparently he is well within his rights to do so)

now things are very different,il have my blinds open and i will open that window, i have caller id on my phone and have barred with held numbers,and il open my mail with a smile on my face and not feel depressed and sad, and know i can go on this web site and share it with you guys and get that much needed support and advice that can make me that stronger person ive so longed to be thru out all this. xx

hi, i am only posting to say, 'what a gal' michelle.

it is hard not to like you.

you are brave + have done very well.

i am praying for you.

you will come out of this with your head held high + DEBT-FREE.

i am praying that super-naturally, ALL your debts are written off!!!!.:D:):cool:;)

GOD bless you gal.

• Haha 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]if my response has been of help to you, please click on my scales. thank you:)

Hi M, I don't have any specific debt advice but I've been reading your thread with amazement and admiration! Your persistence seems to have brought you a measure of control back (regarding debt management, not floods!!).

As for bailiffs, (see my threads on BAILIFFS section) my situation is nowhere near as bad as yours but I've been fighting for money back on a set of parking fines from the council since January and today I was told by the bailiffs I'm getting ALL the money back I paid to them in January when they clamped me (over £400) which I never thought I'd see again.

There is hope!!!

:)

• Haha 1