• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

advice needed,on so many debt collectors after me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5161 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thanks everyone for replying,

some realy good points were made,

im gonna start making a log of there calls,

and a point monty2007 made was about its a criminal offence for creditors causing humiliation, thats just what lowells (hamptons) did when phoned my parents house saying they needed to speak with me cos i owe them a substsantial amount of money,( i owe them £366 thats hardly alot).

thanks again michelle xx

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya Mich

Just reading what you said about Lowells :evil:

I've found that the ones who allege I owe them hundreds rather than thousands of pounds are a bigger pain in the rear than the ones who allege I owe them thousands!

I wonder if this is the norm across the board for DCAs?

Have a good day Mich

Love Spiritgirl x

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

Hiya Mich

Just reading what you said about Lowells :evil:

I've found that the ones who allege I owe them hundreds rather than thousands of pounds are a bigger pain in the rear than the ones who allege I owe them thousands!

I wonder if this is the norm across the board for DCAs?

Have a good day Mich

Love Spiritgirl x

hi spiritgirl, thats a good point you have made,

maybe is becouse they are more likley to get the smaller debts owed payed sooner,so they act this way to get them, where as the bigger ones take more time ???? xx

keep plugging on guys, i watch this thread with interest and am happy to help anyway i can.

• Haha 1

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

I just want to say that this is a fantastic thread!!

You are doing so well mich, U have inspired me to start on my debts too.

Well done xxxxxxxxx

• Haha 1

[COLOR=royalblue]Halifax......WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Nationwide...WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [CENTER][URL="http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/sections187and45/"][B][SIZE=4]Please sign this Downing Street petition on Bank Charges and Benefits[/SIZE][/B][/URL][/CENTER]

thanks everyone for replying,

some realy good points were made,

im gonna start making a log of there calls,

and a point monty2007 made was about its a criminal offence for creditors causing humiliation, thats just what lowells (hamptons) did when phoned my parents house saying they needed to speak with me cos i owe them a substsantial amount of money,( i owe them £366 thats hardly alot).

thanks again michelle xx

If they mentioned your (alleged) debt to a third party without your consent then that's a major breach of the Data Protection Act, not to mention the OFT fair practice guidelines.

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

hi everyone,

when i told the bloke at trading standards that hamptons (lowells) rang my parents house and told my mum what they did, he dident realy have much to say about the matter.

after reading lots of threads on people having fantastic results after contacting trading standards,i was very gutted,that i had some one who was not interested in helping me.

the only thing he seemed remotely interested in was why i was requesting copies of my signed credit agreement when i new i was in debt with them in the first place.

the thing is i couldent prove they contacted my parents house, even if i wanted too, i have a rough date of when it happend (i put it on this thread i think the day after) but i dont have the time etc i think it was early evening??) maybe they record all there call at there end?

ive not heard a thing from lowells/hamptons for a while now.

some thing els ive notice is, when one dca goes quite another one starts banging there drum,

michelle xx

michelle, just you tell Mr (not really interested)TS, that the reason you are doing what you are doing, is because these companies make our lives a living hell, constantly ringing, and involving other people, who do not need to know our situations, they constantly break the law, and get away with it, and if people do not complain to these bodies such as TS (who are supposed to be there to help with unscrupulous companies) nothing is ever going to change.

It has nothing to do with him if you have a debt or not,(yes we owe money, smack our hands!) it is the way they carry on with threats and harassment, and over the years have placed themselves above the law.

Never forget, they buy these 'debts' for peanuts, the OC can write them of against tax (its all about business and profits) which is why they come down so hard and nasty on us, so they can get as much as possible (lucrative comes to mind) not caring if we can afford it.

You have gone to TS to complain about a company that is breaking the law, their standard of trading is c..p, and someone needs to pull them up, if Mr TS is not capable of dealing with these companies, perhaps he would like to tell you who is, or are they happy to let a company carry on trading, and constantly flout the law of the land.

I will go and have a lie down now;)

Michelle, you have come this far, you are an inspiration, do not lose track of why you are doing this.

And yes please Kennyparkroad, perhaps a letter to Mr TS, with all the legal implications highlighted to give Michelle some clout, because this is what we do in life, come up against an authoritative body, and think they must be right, perhaps I've got it wrong, and so do not pursue it (like we have been doing with the DCA's)

some thing els ive notice is, when one dca goes quite another one starts banging there drum,

michelle xx

Yea strange that;) :D

Good luck michelle:)

• Haha 1

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

TS asked me the same thing

i replied

"its my legal right to query this so i am exercising that right!"

it soon shut him up.

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

i replied

it soon shut him up.

This is what Michelle and all of us need to know, and have the strength to say.

I have read TS are under funded etc, BUT that should not mean that we have no-one to stand our corner.

If TS are asking why we are going to them, I'm speechless:( .

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

thank you all so much for your support,you guys are my inspiration and with out you here helping me, i would never have done any of this,THANK YOU!!!

A while ago,i come across a unfair charge lloyds had took out of my account (£35) becouse it was so little,i dident bother passing it on to the company i have sorting out my others.

i thought to myself, so what if its just £35 its mine, so used a letter of this site and requested it back,

they replyed with a letter to say that my letter had been recieved and they will get back to me within 4 weeks.

they today sent me a letter saying they have put the money back in to my account, lol it made my day!! xx

i replied

it soon shut him up.

when the bloke asked me why i was reqesting my credit agreement, i cant remember saying any thing, i was so gob smacked i realy wasent expecting that. xx

hi everyone,

i recieved a letter from hillesden securities yesterday, they have took over the debt i owe citi financial,

they write to tell me they have requested a copy of my signed credit agreement from citi.

how long does it take them i requested that months ago! xx

Michelle, they are passing you around because they haven't got a copy of your signed agreement (thats how I see it, happy to be corrected:p )

Maybe they can't pass it back to the OC as it's got so wrapped up in peanuts, tax etc.

Hey Clever Guys, what's the next step for mich, official complaint, in writing to OFT? TS?.

Let's get this sorted, and show them we mean buisness:D

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Hi Michelle, this is interesting reading un1boy vbmenu_register("postmenu_972759", true); vbmenu_register("postmenu_972759", true);

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

thank you all so much for your support,you guys are my inspiration and with out you here helping me, i would never have done any of this,THANK YOU!!!

A while ago,i come across a unfair charge lloyds had took out of my account (£35) becouse it was so little,i dident bother passing it on to the company i have sorting out my others.

i thought to myself, so what if its just £35 its mine, so used a letter of this site and requested it back,

they replyed with a letter to say that my letter had been recieved and they will get back to me within 4 weeks.

they today sent me a letter saying they have put the money back in to my account, lol it made my day!! xx

Well done Mich, glad you got your money back:-D Go girl!!

As for the letter from Hillesden, you could wait and see what they come up with (which will be nothing....if Citi can't supply you with a CA, then Hillesden certainly won't be able to!) or you could send the old 'I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT reminding them of their obligations' letter.

Reporting Citi for passing on a debt whilst in dispute would normally be the way to go but with the recent (non)actions from TS I'm not sure it would make any difference atm:roll:

hi mate,:) thanks for replying, il wait and see what they send next.

they sent me exactly the same letter on the 24th april and the excact letter again on the 22nd june????

3 letters!!

:D xx

Hey, Stadium Arcadium, spare a thought for those poor people working for the DCAs. From what I read on their 'come and join us' websites they are only paid commission and need to use their own cars and telephones.

Shame!

Perhaps why they can be so offensive? Mind you I am being bombarded with telephone calls from HSBC in Manila, and am having to send them a stop harassing letter. It's a pity really 'cos I just love the sweet sounding, and unmistakable Filipina accent - one girl was quite overwhelmed when I responded with a few words in Tagalog - I just hope it wasn't, er, inappropriate but it made her giggle.

But so polite and feminine - maybe that's why the DCAs like writing to Mich

who has managed to clock up some 16 pages on this thread.

As ever, keep it up Mich - it's obvious there are a lot of people out there that like you.

Regards as ever.

Van

im so very greatful for everyones help on this web site, it realy has changed my life, i know at the end of the day i still have my debts,but since discovering this web site i now feel im incontrol of them , ive learnt alot and there so much more to learn.ive had the most fantatsic support,far more then i thought i would get,and it means the world.

thank you :D xx

Hey, Stadium Arcadium, spare a thought for those poor people working for the DCAs. From what I read on their 'come and join us' websites they are only paid commission and need to use their own cars and telephones.

Shame!

Perhaps why they can be so offensive? Mind you I am being bombarded with telephone calls from HSBC in Manila, and am having to send them a stop harassing letter. It's a pity really 'cos I just love the sweet sounding, and unmistakable Filipina accent - one girl was quite overwhelmed when I responded with a few words in Tagalog - I just hope it wasn't, er, inappropriate but it made her giggle.

But so polite and feminine - maybe that's why the DCAs like writing to Mich

who has managed to clock up some 16 pages on this thread.

As ever, keep it up Mich - it's obvious there are a lot of people out there that like you.

Regards as ever.

Van

Hi there Van, these days I admit to not sparing a thought for DCA's at all, other than when I'm on here or reading a letter from one. It was a completely different story up until late last year when all I would do was worry about the next threatening letter or wonder when the next DCA would force me to up my monthly payments etc. Sleepless nights and paying out more to debts than I did for the weekly shop is now a thing of the past thanks to this site and others like it. In a world where most people are out for themselves places like this are a haven. Information, help and support provided by people in the same situation. It can only make the world a better place:)

I do understand that DCA's have a job to do, it's just the way they do it I have a problem with. Hopefully as a result of this consumer uprising they will all get better training and be better informed as to how they should conduct their business. A tightening of the reins by TS and the OFT would be nice too........am I asking too much?:p

Sorry for the small hijack there Mich :oops:

hey mich,

without me going all the way thru this tread again (proper proud of you by the way), have you considered sending a breach of sec.10 (data protection) letter to the OC?

rory wrote a good one, which i played around with and sent to littlewoods after they passed my debt around from dlc to hillseden to another dca. it got them off my back, not heard a peep out of them.

• Haha 1