advice needed,on so many debt collectors after me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Mich, I wouldn't bother sending letters to those who have ignored you so far. Deal with them as and when you need to (saves confusion and money;) ) As for Lowells/hamptons....I've had a letter like that from them, which I just ignored. yesterday I posted off this letter..... (see post no 31) http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/59284-confused-about-reply-my-2.html cos I am fed up with their harrassment.

Who did you report to TS?

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mich, I wouldn't bother sending letters to those who have ignored you so far. Deal with them as and when you need to (saves confusion and money;) ) As for Lowells/hamptons....I've had a letter like that from them, which I just ignored. yesterday I posted off this letter..... (see post no 31) http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/59284-confused-about-reply-my-2.html cos I am fed up with their harrassment.

Who did you report to TS?

hi mate :) thanks for that.

i reported lowells, they also said that if they do commit a criminal offence i should contact them again,

all the dca 12+1 calender month are up now, xx

hi mate :) thanks for that.

i reported lowells, they also said that if they do commit a criminal offence i should contact them again,

all the dca 12+1 calender month are up now, xx

I would think sending you that threatening letter from hamptons would constitute them commiting yet another offence! Send a copy to TS, if you haven't already:) XX

I would think sending you that threatening letter from hamptons would constitute them commiting yet another offence! Send a copy to TS, if you haven't already:) XX

i should shouldent i....

i looked at your letter its very good, thanks for that:)

i just also heared from the reclaim back your bank charges company, i had asked them that becouse i have debts with all my credit card companies and hsbc, can i still get the money, and they not take it to pay of there debt. she replyed yes you will get your money:) xx

hi everyone,

what are they up too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

my mum has just rang me to tell me she keeps getting phone calls from a man asking for me at her house.(i moved out over 3 years ago) she gave me the number and a sort code, i rang the number, and heard hello this is hamptons legal. i then put the phone down.

i cant believe they are calling my parents house, my mum told the bloke i dont live here no more hasent done for 3 years but they still keep ringing there.

hamptons (lowell) know excactly where i live i recieved a letter from them today,:-| xx

Hi Mich,

You need to report their harrassment at your Mum's house to TS as well... they seem to be piling on the pressure in a bid to get you to make contact. :mad:

As for their letter threatening court action, you could respond (rec. delivery) and say something like :

Thank you for your letter of xx/xx/xx

I do not acknowledge any debt to your company.

Until you are able to comply with my request with a true copy of my Consumer Credit Agreement (Consumer Credit Act, 1974) instead of an Application Form, then no payments will be forthcoming.

As you are in default of my request, a copy of your most recent correspondence has now been forwarded to Trading Standards, as well as a log of all calls made to my parents' home in an attempt to make contact.

Please take note that if it remains your intention to commence legal proceedings whilst in default of a legal request for information, any action that you do take will be vigorously defended.

Yours sincerely,

:)

I have had about 3 recorded deliveries that are still showing as "no information available" months after they were sent. The only way I know they have been delivered is the cheques have been cashed and/or correspondence from the recipient. I wouldn't say royal mails site is 100% accurate.:mad:

Stadium, I had a similar situation. There is a form P58 that you can get from the Post Office and make a claim against them - well they're not to know the cheque's been cashed are they!

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Stadium, I had a similar situation. There is a form P58 that you can get from the Post Office and make a claim against them - well they're not to know the cheque's been cashed are they!

Fred

no, dont do that. it could me more trouble than its worth. lets keep the moral high ground here.:)

hi everyone:)

i posted the letter priorityone kindly done for me, ive not heard nothing,

all the debt collectors have failed to produce a copy of my signed agreements.

the request was sent out on the 3rd aprill, and has been 54 days now:D

Hi michsienna,

have a read of the thread CCA + Non Compliance stuff by Elizabeth1.

Think it might be of help to you:)

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

Hi michsienna,

have a read of the thread CCA + Non Compliance stuff by Elizabeth1.

Think it might be of help to you:)

thanks for that remus :) .... i had a look, i have reported lowells to ts, but all trading standards did was give me a debt managment helpline telephone number. i also reported them to another company, who i never heared nothing back, maybe i should try again :sad: xxx

Hi michsienna, I went to OFT to complain about 1st credit, and they have taken it on board.

As you have done the TS route, and got no satisfaction, why not try them?

Happy to be corrected by anyone if I am making a misleading suggestion;)

but TS are not acting on your complaints, and so information is not being logged/noted, and so nothing changes.

Just a thought:p

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

Hi michsienna, I went to OFT to complain about 1st credit, and they have taken it on board.

As you have done the TS route, and got no satisfaction, why not try them?

Happy to be corrected by anyone if I am making a misleading suggestion;)

but TS are not acting on your complaints, and so information is not being logged/noted, and so nothing changes.

Just a thought:p

hi remus,:) oft,they were the other i complained too, i sent them a email,about all the trouble im having with lowell, and ive not heared a single thing back, i still have the message i sent them in my sent box. xxx:|

hi michsienna, it makes you wonder is any one listening???:mad: Ok I rang first, speak to another human being explain where you are coming from, it might make a difference, letters and emails come later once you have established hi its me a person:rolleyes:

Once you have got there attention you can quote them in any correspondance with DCA's, and I have found it makes a difference, BUT be aware DCA's beleive they can do anything, and yeh it seems they can, when will TS OFT etc realise the DCA's are taking the mickey!

I can not beleive you are really no further forward, and now your Mum has became involved:( I am so angry.

• Haha 1

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

hi michsienna, it makes you wonder is any one listening???:mad: Ok I rang first, speak to another human being explain where you are coming from, it might make a difference, letters and emails come later once you have established hi its me a person:rolleyes:

Once you have got there attention you can quote them in any correspondance with DCA's, and I have found it makes a difference, BUT be aware DCA's beleive they can do anything, and yeh it seems they can, when will TS OFT etc realise the DCA's are taking the mickey!

I can not beleive you are really no further forward, and now your Mum has became involved:( I am so angry.

:) hi remus, thanks for that i will call them on tuesday, it does make sence to call them first,

it was embarrising having to explain to my mom why hamptons legal kept calling there house,i dident want to lie but i told her i dont know they are, and next time they call to tell them i dont live here any more havent done in years. (that still doesent stop them from calling there to ask my parents have they passed on the message to me to contact them)

the joke is i never even had the debt when i was living at my parents house. they know dam well i live here and my home phone number .:evil:

thanks again remus xx

morning everyone:)

today i have recieved a letter from lowells, the title reads notice of intention to issue a county court claim,

then reads...

take notice that legal proceedings are currently being propared to be sent to court for service upon you.

should you want to avoid this happening you should contact us in the next 3 days to arrange settlement of your current debt of £363.33

it goes on about what is a county court claim and what will happen to me.and tells me how much the court fees are and solicitors cost and interest making it a total of £476.47 that i will have to pay.

please can any one help me on this on what i do now, i would be so very greatful i mean this from the bottom of my heart xx

let them

if it does go to court, simply counterclaim as non complaince for CCA is a COMPLETE defence.

when someone sent me a similar letter i sent this in reply

Thank you for your letter of xxxxx

To date however, you have failed to comply with my legal request for a properly executed Consumer Credit Agreement (Consumer Credit Act, 1974).

Since your failure to comply with this request represents a complete defence in any court claim that may be issued at this time, please take note that any action that you decide to take will be vigorously defended.

Please find copies of all my correspondence for ease of reference.

Yours sincerely,

safe to say thats when i went to trading standards and have yet to hear anything back from them.

• Haha 2

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

michsienna, there you go then, kennyparkroad's letter is your next step, shows you know your rights, and they aint gonna mess with you:D also gives you more ammo for TS OFT or anyone that will listen (re your post 202):)

I will be keeping a copy of KPR's letter too

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

thank you so much, :D i will use that letter, and send it to them,

the last letter they sent me was from hamptons legal (trading style of lowells), it was more or less saying the same thing,

thank you again xxxx

then send that letter to both of them :-D

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

morning everyone:)

today i have recieved a letter from lowells, the title reads notice of intention to issue a county court claim,

then reads...

take notice that legal proceedings are currently being propared to be sent to court for service upon you.

should you want to avoid this happening you should contact us in the next 3 days to arrange settlement of your current debt of £363.33

it goes on about what is a county court claim and what will happen to me.and tells me how much the court fees are and solicitors cost and interest making it a total of £476.47 that i will have to pay.

please can any one help me on this on what i do now, i would be so very greatful i mean this from the bottom of my heart xx

Hi Mich, Lowell are fighting me to the last too! I will be very interested to see what happens next with their reply to your letter. Chin up we will beat them eventually XXXX

hi mich

i too am fighting lowells they are not nice

everything gone quiet on my front though

keep at them i know it gets to you sometimes but it will all be ok in the end

i wish you the best of luck :)

• Haha 1

Hiya Mich

Just dropping by to wish you the best of luck and say I know how you feel ;)

I've just added to my thread as H Cohen & Co are now threatening me with court, even though they have breached my CCA request.

As Kenny has said, breach of the CCA is a complete Defence so let them all bring it on!!

Will keep watching your thread for news Mich.

Best wishes

Spiritgirl x

• Haha 1

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

thank you everyone for your kind words of support :D , ive sent the letter of, so fingers crossed!!

on saturday i recieved a letter off a group of debt collectors called impact collection services they are collecting for vanquis credit card

when i applyed for my vanquis credit card i did so online, does ticking a box and typing in your name class as a signature for accepting the tearms and agreement in a credit agreement??????:confused:

becouse i never have signed any thing pen to paper wise with these.

the debt is for £621.91, and the letter reads about court action will be taken against me if i dont pay the debt in 14 days.

what il do is send them a letter requesting a copy of my signed agreement and we will see what happens next.

thank you again every one helping me,it all means so much :) xxxxx