Do I accept Barclays 1st offer??

wb760
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a 1st offer of refund from Barclays offering me £1050 as full and final settlement of my complaint/claim. It included a Customer acknowledgement form as follows:

Thank-you for your letter detailing your response to my complaint.

I accept the sum of £1050, in full and final settlement of my complaint with Barclays.

Signature....................

I have no intention of accepting less than everything they owe me..but should I return correspondence accepting the money offered so far and then pursue the remainder or just cast the offer aside and continue demanding full refund as usual....??

cheers wb760

what amount are you claiming?

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

I'm not actually sure im still waiting for my S.A.R to be returned, but sent the bank a letter demanding a refund of all charges plus interest to get the ball rolling (expected to have to write to Barclay's several times!)..funny how it takes the data controller up to 40 days to send me my schedule of charges but the bank is making me offers after 3 weeks...Guessing its a lot more than £1050..

Guest 10110001

Oh dear.

I declined a 50% offer, I opened MCOL and its waiting to be listed at a local court.

The judge ordered that the Allocation Qiestionaire be set aside. Should I read anything into that?

The allocation questionaire being set aside is a recent thing but is becoming very common, It is possibly down to the judges now being aware that Barclays have no intentions of attending court so they are prepared to skip this part and move on to the next.

This does not mean your case is going to suffer as a consequence.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.