A Point in the Right Direction?

pjdudley69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6540 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm sure I've seen, somewhere on this site, the wording which could be used on the Moneyclaim claim form, which covers the necessary info within the space allowed. Would someone mind pointing me in the right direction, as I can't seem to see for looking! [or was I wrong, and imagined the whole thing??]

Cheers

Advice & opinions given by pjdudley69 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional. Also visit legal seagulls for more friendly help and advice.

I copied and saved both of the following ... authors my apologies that I did not keep your names so am unable to give you credit.

I have a contract with the defendant bank which is conducted on their standard terms and conditions.t am claiming the return of money taken by the defendant in the way of charges over the last 6 years plus the interest they have levied on these charges.The banks charges are a disproportionate penalty and therefore unenforcable as they are contrary to common Iaw.Further,as a disproportionate penalty they are invalid under the Unfair(Contracts) Terms Act 1977 s.4and under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.Para.8 and sch.2(1)(e).In the event that the charges are not a penalty then they are unreasonable within the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15.1 have asked the bank to justify charges they have declined to do so.£2141 is the amount owed. The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from {31/01/2000} to {26/04/2006} of £549.59.There are 49 charges.A breakdown is available.

I have a contract with the defendant bank

dated 1995,and conducted on their standard

terms and conditions. I am claiming return of

money taken by the defendant in way of

charges over the last 6 years and interest

they have levied on the charges. The bank's

charges are disproportionate penalty,therefore

unenforceable as they are contrary to common

law. Further, as a disproportionate penalty

they are invalid under the Unfair (Contracts)

Terms Act 1977 s.4 and under the Unfair Terms

in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.

Para.8 and sch.2(1)(e). In the event that the

charges are not a penalty then they are

unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply

of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15. I have

repeatedly asked the bank to justify

charges but have declined to do so.The

claimant also claims interest under

section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at

the rate of 8% a year from 2.1.2001 to

12.5.2006 of £210.10 and interest at the

same rate up to the date of judgment or

earlier payment at a daily rate of 0.31.

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

That's great, thanks alot Mechs :D Another question - I know I can claim 8% per day under section 69, which I've calculated on Dave's spreadsheet, but does the 8% stop adding on from the day I put in my claim form, as I assume I'll have to enter a total on the form, or will it keep adding on until the day the bank pays up? In which case, what figure will I need to put on the claim form?

Advice & opinions given by pjdudley69 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional. Also visit legal seagulls for more friendly help and advice.

Another question - I know I can claim 8% per day under section 69, which I've calculated on Dave's spreadsheet, but does the 8% stop adding on from the day I put in my claim form, as I assume I'll have to enter a total on the form, or will it keep adding on until the day the bank pays up? In which case, what figure will I need to put on the claim form?

:idea: hmmm lets ask a mod or someone who's got back their charges etc., on this question cos I don't have a clue! :) But I too will need to know the answer :D

Help!!!!

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Put it in up to the date that you start proceedings.

If (in the unlikely event) that it did go to court, you could (and should) ask for the additional interest to be included.

Most banks, when they cough, cough with a bit extra to cover this as well.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

If (in the unlikely event) that it did go to court, you could (and should) ask for the additional interest to be included.

QUOTE]

Should I state this on my claim form, or wait until whatever happens next? Sorry about all the questions, I've never had any dealings with courts or anything, and I'm getting really nervous now [almost didn't come this far!]. I really appreciate everyones help :D

Fantastic, I think I'm about prepared and confident enough to file my claim now. Thanks guys

Good to see you are sticking with it pj. I wouldn't stress too much about it all. Just remember the claims system is there to help people like us After all, I don't think anyone has actually got as far as going to court, and YB are going to realise you are serious about it. Even if they make you wait until the last minute, you know you have got right (and BAG) on your side, so don't let them wear you down. Although I haven't looked at it yet, don't forget that there is a court buddy system on the site.

Keep us posted.;)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 11 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6540 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks