Do I need to re-calculate the interest when I prepare my Court bundle?

mrbluesky

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can any one give me a couple of pieces of information

In my claim against Barclays I am at the point where the case has been transfered from the online court to my local county court. I need to prepare a court bundle to send to Barclays solicitors and also to the court.

Do I need at this point in time to re-calculate the interest that I am claiming ? and if so can I now only claim back six years from todays date?

If I can now re-calculate the interest then is it possible to use the higher rate of interest that other claiments now seem to be favouring, or shall I keep it as the original claim rate of 6% ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mrbluesky

If you're preparing an updated schedule of charges (e.g. just bringing the interest up to date) you can recalculate the interest to bring it up to the date of preparation of the bundle but you must use the same basis and rate as you used in your particulars of claim.

Basically all you really need to know is what is the total interest is when it comes to Barclays offering you a settlement, so you can make sure their offer doesn't attempt to diddle you out of anything.

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

Reading around sites, I seem to understand that the 6 years start from the date you began this process - SAR statements request, not preparing the court bundle. Sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. It seems the 'thing' not to worry about Limitations Act at all and quite a few people have been paid out from years before.

Good luck with your preparations. I'll be looking at your thread. I'm still waiting for a court hearing date and then I suppose I'll have to do the bundle as well. It's a long road ... but many seem to get paid out before this stage - a few obviously don't! :mad:

I have found the whole process easy until now, but I'm sure once I have put a bit of time and thought into my Court bundle it will be fairly straight forward. I wish I was one of the ones that got an early settlement but we can't all be that lucky I suppose.

No, you don't need to 'lose' anything older than 6 years back from the recalculation date. When you submitted your claim you should have put in your claim that you're claiming interest of £x.xx to the date of claim then £y.yy per day thereafter. All you're doing is just adding on extra for the number of days from the claim to the date of the update.

You don't even need to bother for the bundle, but it will give you an idea of what an offer of settlement should be if it includes all the interest.

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!