Need help with J2 Solutions -I've Been really stupid

quackpot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm going to be totally honest here and I know I have done wrong so please do not be nasty with me. I just need some advice urgently and while you will probably tell me to come clean it is not an option at the moment.

Basically I applied for a credit card in my dads name some time ago at my address (I know totally wrong and bad and I am paying for it as i am living in fear) I wish I hadn't have done it but i did. Anway have just received a message from my neighbours that this company JS solutions have been round to her house asking about who lived at my address, they asked specifically about me and my partner and also my dad. they left their phone number asking her about whether my dad lives here. she idn't tell them anything, just took the number and said she would pas it on. have tried to call them but no answer so will try again next week. obvioulsly the debt they are chasing is "my dads" and i will have to pay it - which i will but what should i say to them because i cant take the chance that they will trace my dad to his home address and how do they know mine and my partners name. I know i am completely wrong in what i have done but i cannot admit it to my dad, i was just desperate at the time. am really scared so any help welcome

I know this is not what you want to hear, but I don't think you have any choice. If I were in your shoes, I'd be telling my dad everything.

The alternative is obviously to come clean with J2. And that really would be bad news. I can see them getting really heavy on this one.

So I guess it's really down to either telling your dad, and begging him to help. (If he can.)

Or throwing yourself at the mercy of J2. Who MIGHT be content with you owning up and paying back the debt. Or might prefer to let the law take its course.

I really do hope someone else comes up with another solution for you. I'm only too aware of how desperate you can feel sometimes, and I'm just glad I was never THAT desperate.

All I can really do is wish you good luck.

I think it gets a bit worse than that; even paying it off in full tomorrow would still leave your dad's finances screwed unless you come clean to the lender so the default comes off his record.

If you are looking for a solution that doesn't involve coming very clean I'm afraid I think you will be looking for a long time. You cannot risk trying to hide this any longer; you simply must come clean and face the consequences.

It doesn't take much to realise that this won't be easy but it is quite simply by far the best option in the long run. This is a mess that will never get any easier to clear up, nor will it stay the same. it will only get more messier.

Sending people to doors sometimes comes before a CCJ, but not often, and even then it's usually related to court proceedings in some way; even if only to get information and confirm residence in preparation for getting the CCJ. If this isn't one of the not often cases and those people weren't bailiffs then the consequences of not coming clean could still be so massively severe that anything that could happen now would seem like a walk in the park in comparison.

Whatever the consequences are now will be better than what would happen if your father came home to find a bailiff telling him the nasty yellow thing comes off his car when he pays up, and that if he doesn't the nasty yellow thing and the car go off together.

Other another example of a perfectly plausible scenario: Company get CCJ, are a bit stumped as to what to do next so get an order to attend court to obtain information. Father gets arrested by the court bailiff if he doesn't turn up.

You might be able to guess what stage things are at if you can find out more about J2 Solutions. I believe they are part of Mackenzie Hall, but I don't know if they are bailiffs / tracing agents / regular door knockers.

Number of times I've asked 1st Credit for information that I stil haven't recieved... 55 as at 02/05/07 :!:

You know your Dad best, how would he take it. There is a saying "a trouble shared is a trouble halved". I think, if possible, being honest with your dad would be best. I remember one of my daughter's being in trouble at the age of 16 and she had to come clean with us and the first thing her dad said to her was "I'm here for you no matter what". It would be better coming from you than any other source. So good luck whatever you decide.

• Haha 1

You know your Dad best, how would he take it. There is a saying "a trouble shared is a trouble halved". I think, if possible, being honest with your dad would be best. I remember one of my daughter's being in trouble at the age of 16 and she had to come clean with us and the first thing her dad said to her was "I'm here for you no matter what". It would be better coming from you than any other source. So good luck whatever you decide.

DMD stands up and applauds... Bravo!... Well done Dad! Standing Ovation!

The OP is screwed though, best he comes clean.

Good luck with it, Dave.

If my post was helpful don't forget to click the star!

Advice is offered freely, without liability and without prejudice.

If in any doubt professional legal advice should be sought.

I do not profess to be in any way legally trained, I am a big

oily truck driver and all I know has been learned within the

Consumer Action Group.

FAQ's

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Trying to stop smoking?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/give-up-smoking-here/

A dummies guide to the forums

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

--

KEEP WILDLIFE IN THE WILD

http://www.bornfree.org.uk

BORN FREE FOUNDATION

--

I agree. Life is all about learning, making mistakes and having the courage to own up to them. We all make them... it's only when people try and hide behind comments that attempt to justify those actions that the real hurt begins.

Take your Dad off somewhere quiet... and come clean. Not only will you respect yourself more for doing that, but I am sure he will as well in the long run.

Good luck.... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Any news, Quackpot?

"Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the field of commerce and manufacturing, are afraid of something.

They know that there is a power somewhere so organised, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they had better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it."

Woodrow Wilson, President of the United States.

Change the US for the U K... do you think he meant CAG?! :wink:

• 6 months later...

Hi, some one of my name is currently being pursued by J2 and they are hounding neighbours and our house - but the person they are after IS NOT ME! They have telephoned and written to everyone in our row asking for information, nosy beggars. Most of the people they have phoned are ex directory too. Legal action can be taken up companies like this for "harrassment" which is what I am doing. Quackpot, the person they are after is not you also but I feel you really must talk to your dad. It might not seem like it but he will respect you more for it coming from you than a court rep.

STOPCHEWINMESLIPPERS

• 1 month later...

J2 Is a tracing agency not a debt collection company. There are two levels of x-dir, there is the one where you don't appear in the phone book and full x-dir. If your neighbours were full x-dir they would not be able to contact them. When the company calls neighbours, they are only looking to have messages passed on to the person they are trying to find. They do not give people any details about why they are trying to contact them.

The person who has used his fathers name needs to be very careful now, because fraud is a serious crime. By pretending to be his father he has committed fraud, J2 would just pass the person on to their client who would then decide how to proceed. The company would probably decide to start fraud proceedings because of the default. The best way would be to contact his father, tell him everything and let his father deal with the credit card company.

I don't think your father would be happy, but would he want to see you possibly sent to prison for fraud? If it was me, I would do all I could to protect my son. Ok, you've been stupid, but if your dad loves you, he will cover for you. He could also say it was an oversight due to circumstances like moving etc. He could write to the credit bureaus like Experian & Equifax to have a note put on his account about the oversight instead of just leaving it. Alot of companies do understand that people forget when they are under pressure, they are only after getting the money owed back. Hope this helps.

I think you should speak to your Dad,I have always told my kids,no matter how bad the situation is tell the truth,as you will be found out in the end.

I know everyone else is telling you the same,he probably won't be happy with you,but let him calm down and you never know he might be able to help in some way.

It's can't be any worse than what you are going through now.