wb760 vs Barclays

wb760

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been meaning to claim back charges for a while then begun to hear stories of a possible OFT ruling expected to say that £12 (still excessive!!) was a fair figure for banks to charge and that it was possible that banks would then likely offer the difference i.e. they charged me £30 so I can claim back £18! Time to get my a*se into gear!

Mid Feb - Made a complaint via phone to the Financial Ombudsman Service in relation to charges levied on my account. Thought this would show the bank I was serious from the offset.

6 March 07- 1st response from Barclays confirming correspondence from F.O.S & that they aimed to resolve within 4weeks.

8 March 07- Subject Access Req. submitted to Data Controller. (don't have a cheque book so gave permission for the £10 fee to be taken from the account in question)

I know that the data controller has 40 days to provide my schedule of charges, but because of rumours of OFT rulings I didn't want to wait for that long before demanding a refund from Barclays so...

12 March 07- Letter to Barclays req. repayment of all charges (bearing in mind I don't know how much that is yet!) + interest @ 8% from the date each fee was levied. Gave them the usual 14 days to respond line..

14 days came and went with no response so I thought I'd fluffed it by not sending a cheque or not sending the schedule of charges when demanding the refund, but then...

30 March 07- Reply from Barclays denying any wrong-doing but offering me £1050 towards the total amount, just a goodwill gesture bearing in mind any future cost inherent with a dispute. And that if I was dissatisfied with their proposal then I should refer to the Financial Ombudsman. (Funny..that balls already rolling!)

Bonus! At least the ball is rolling and the claim is being taken seriously!

What I find strange is that it will take up to 40 days for the S.A.R to be processed but within 3 weeks the bank is offering me partial refunds...obviously they wouldn't do this without knowing what they owe me!

I do not intend to accept before receiving a reply from the Data Controller which I hope will arrive mid April. I expect their 1st offer will only be a fraction of the total they owe me especially once interest is added on.

Has anyone else gave permission for the data controller to take the money directly? How did you get on?