• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Littlewoods non CCA compliance

mnrbig
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5958 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Well what do you know, they have sent me a default notice. That is a little unfair. I just can't get my head around these people. They ignore all my corespondance and then default me.

Just some guy. I try to help, but all advice is my opinion.

Hi, they did the same to me. I'm in a battle with them now as they want until end of June to do Sar, bearing in mind they've had since 7th March. ICO being notified. No agreement has been sent either from NDR who were collecting on their behalf. Everyone who is dealing with Littlewoods are being told that they have been unindated with requests and they need more time. I wanted to do this by the book, just wanted to reclaim charges and then pay balance,however, as Littlewoods have been deliberately uncooperative I feel the debt is unenforceable.

Are you claiming against the littlewoods catelogue or visa? I have a littlewoods visa and dont know what address to send too?

Hi it's the catalogue. You should have a contact address on the statement. You will proberbly find it is the same one as Barclaycard.

Please Please Please can someone help?

I recently requested statments going back to about 4 years saying they had 40 days and sent a £10 cheque.

Thats acknowledge saying they were dealing with my situation.

I rung last week to say how things are going and the lady said it had been sent to a department that day and they were looking into my case.

I however just rung again as their 40 days are now up and was told that there isnt anything being done no notes and that they only hold statemnts upto june last year and it was my fault i didnt keep my statments!!!!

So now what do I do they are trying to fob me off obviously.

I dont know what letter to send now.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I would be greatful for your help.

Sorry to gatecrash I cant seem to access a link to start a new thread.

kind regards

kerry

Studio Cards WON!!!!

Now battling Halifax and Barclays and Littlewoods

Kerry

Kays and Littlewoods are a laugh a minute. I'm dealing with Kays for my daughter and Littlewoods for me.

Littlewoods. Issued SAR 7th March they want until end of June.I also sent a CCA to NDR as they were on my back. No agreement, they sent me an agreement with my name typed on with their terms, no signatures, they are getting desperate. I've written back told them to get lost basically, am now waiting for a reply.

Kays (same group). They did exactly the same except when I sent the bog off letter they sent all the statements back. Amazing.

I think its up to you how you play it basically, because I think at the end of the day there are no agreements so no debt, however, your charges may be more than the debt.

Good luck.

• 1 month later...
Well what do you know, they have sent me a default notice. That is a little unfair. I just can't get my head around these people. They ignore all my corespondance and then default me.

Default for what?

Have you stopped paying the bills, while you claim?

[COLOR=#2e8b57][B][SIZE=1][U]Claimed & won so far[/U]:-[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen][U]Banks[/U]:- NatWest Personal £1000, Natwest Business £2000, Lloyds TSB Personal £1500, [U]Mortgages[/U]:-Central Capital (PPI) £500, Natwest MEAF £140 [/COLOR][COLOR=#2e8b57][U]Credit cards[/U]:- HSBC Gold card £365, Capital One £599.55 Barclaycard £1070 ( i only aske for £700) , Lloyds £500 [U]Catalogues[/U]:- Littlewoods Direct Flex Account £60 :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][SIZE=1][B][U]For Friends[/U][/B]:- Natwest £1500, £1800 & £500, Cap One £600, Barclaycard £400, Solutions £100, Aqua, £105.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][B][U][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Pending:-[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B] [COLOR=seagreen][SIZE=1]Barclays Bank Personal (On hold - Thanks a lot OFT) :mad:.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
Have you stopped paying the bills, while you claim?

No, I am not claiming. I stopped payment after the 42 days were up.

I finally got a reply to my request. They sent an unsigned copy the agreement with my new address written in.

The account has now been handed to what seems to be an external agency for collection. I have been threatened with court action. How scary!:grin:

• 3 months later...

Well what do you know, got a letter from fredrickson Int about the oustanding money.

Thought I'd send them this and see what happens

"With regard the above account, I do not acknowledge any debt to yourselves or any company you claim to represent. Further, for your information, I wrote to Littlewoods Finance company and made a request under s.78 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. for a copy of the executed agreement for this account. I understand that under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 s.78 (1) for running – account credit I am entitled to receive a copy of the credit agreement on request.

Littlewoods Finance Company Ltd has failed in their obligations under the act, to supply me with the requested signed credit agreement and as such, I would presume one doesn't exist.

As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the CCA and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued.

For your information, I will not be corresponding further with you about the above matter, as this account should not have been passed to yourselves for collection as it is in dispute"