settlement offer, do i continue?

pjdj

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i made a claim to hsbc on accounts , mine, my other half and our joint accounts had 2 letters this morning one offering £970 (about £120 short) and the joint account (£20 short) , but nothing for my other halfs account, i was wondering where to go from here as i was also going to claim for£32 taken from my account this month, plus the interest is adding up to a tidy sum if i go to court, would i be seen as unreasonable by the courts for not accepting as it is only a small shortfall, i can afford to go all the way (plus it gets me out of meditteraneanising(?) the garden over the school hols cos the bank chrges will be paying for it!)

can anyone advise me, also they have only replied once for my other halfs account and the claim for all 3 was on the 1 letter co-signed by us both, can anyone read into this, thanks

i made a claim to hsbc on accounts , mine, my other half and our joint accounts had 2 letters this morning one offering £970 (about £120 short) and the joint account (£20 short) , but nothing for my other halfs account, i was wondering where to go from here as i was also going to claim for£32 taken from my account this month, plus the interest is adding up to a tidy sum if i go to court, would i be seen as unreasonable by the courts for not accepting as it is only a small shortfall, i can afford to go all the way (plus it gets me out of meditteraneanising(?) the garden over the school hols cos the bank chrges will be paying for it!)

can anyone advise me, also they have only replied once for my other halfs account and the claim for all 3 was on the 1 letter co-signed by us both, can anyone read into this, thanks

You are entitled to all your money back, a court would not see it as unreasonable.

Use this template.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

If you have two letters from HSBC one for each of two of your claims I don’t see why you shouldn’t accept one and/or the other and continue with the third account claim together with anything you didn’t accept.

If you accept the offer before you have filed your claim with the court then you save the hassle of the legal fees and people and waiting till the cows come home for offer's from the solicitors right on deadline if not past deadline but you do loose the statutory interest.

So as ever with offer's its up to you, if you continue you get more cash but less hassle.

pete