style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help, I have been paying council tax arrears to the bailiff at £250.00 at the end of every month.

i received a letter from them on 22/02/07 stating that the remaining arrears of £580.89 needed to be clear by 31/03/07, before the new council tax year started, I called them on the 01/03/07 and paid Februarys installment of £250.00 and proposed to pay Marchs installment as usual by debit card at the end of march but make an additional payment of £80.89 by way of trans cash on 15/03/07 (payment via the post office that takes 5 working days to clear).

I made the trans cash payment as the bailiff charge me £7.50 every time I pay by debit card and thought this would save me a bit of money and still reach them by the deadline of 31/03/07.

I called them today to pay off the remainder of the debt and they are now saying I owe another £90.00 as the £80.89 did not reach them on the 15/03/07 as per the arrangement I had made with them.

I told them that they had sent me a letter demanding full payment by 31/03/07 not the 15/03/07 and I had been the person to mention the 15/03/07 for payment of the £80.89, I said that I told the person I spoke to that the payment would be made by trans cash but would still be with them by the 31/03/07 as per their letter dated 22/02/07.

I need to write a letter disputing the £90.00 charge but I'm not sure how to word it, they have said they will pursue me for the £90.00 still outstanding.

I want to dispute the charge, question the excessive charge and make it clear that if they do not agree to waive this ridiculous charge then I will maybe have to pay it to stop any more charges accruing but will take it to small claims court to get it back and other charges that I deem excessive that have also been added to my account over time.

Can anyone help??

Many thanks in advance.

Hi Amanda,

They cannot pusue you for their own mal administration.

Pay what you had to and as per your agreement. Write a letter stating your agreement with them and enclose a copy of the letter they sent you. Copy the letters to the council and send it and state that it is outrageous that they can abuse the system by adding charges that are not legal nor acording to their own arrangements agreed.

I would then put in a Subject access request.

A link is here to explain what it is.

Data Protection FAQs – For the public

The act is here.

Data Protection Act 1998

A template is below. Don't forget to include £10.

Data Protection Officer

Bailiff Company

Date:

Dear Sir or Madam

Subject: Access request under the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 7 and 8

Their reference

Your name and address

I enclose £10 and would be grateful if you would please supply a full set of your paper & computer records connected in any way with your Company’s recent visit.

As part of the request please include an itemised account of the charges that were levied against me, the dates and times of visits and a copy of the receipt accordingly.

Included in this request I would appreciate if you could include the Bailiffs name that attended and which court he is Certificated at.

I would be grateful if you would ensure all efforts are made to fully comply before the 40 days allowed under the Act.

Regards,

Your Name

SEND ALL CORRESPONDENCE BY RECORDED OR REGISTERED DELIVERY AND KEEP ALL ENVELOPES FROM BAILIFFS.

This will then show you all their charges and their bank charges already seem excessive. When you have your subject access request back, then you can see your charges and can begin to claim them back.

Thank you so much for your help.

I will do as you have suggested.

I did pay the last payment due yesterday but refused to pay the £90 they had added so as far as I am concerned my account with them is clear but the lady advised me that I needed to write to them and dispute the £90 still owed otherwise I would be pursued for it.

They have a PO box as their address, can I send recorded delivery to a PO box???

Thanks again

who is the company hun

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)