SimplyBe catalogue-Stalling tactics?

The Unfairy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent my S.A.R letter a few weeks ago. In it I gave the account number, name and address details etc etc. Basically everything that any bank/company would need, I heard nothing but suddenly on Friday got the following letter:

Dear Mrs. unfairy

Subject Access Enquiry

Thank you for the letter dated 11 March which we are treating as a subject access request under the Data Protection Act 1998.

(Well I used the letter from here where it says it is in big letters, so well done them so far!)

We require you to complete the attached questionnaire and proof of id to enable us to comply with you7r request and statutory obligations plaed upon us concerning secu7re access to data. We acknowledge reeipt of your heque for £10, which is the fee payable for this service. Please note the application annot be processed until the form is receivedf.

Yours sincerely

I. AM. Goingtocauseadelay

@Any cost.

?

Does this seem like a stalling tactic to anyone else?

In the questionnaire it also states. We will endeavour to respond promptly and in any event within 40days of the latest of the following:

* Your cheque clearing

*Our reeipt of this request

*Our receipt of any further information from you which is required to enable us to comply with your request.

Would I be within my rights to say that they had all the information at the time of the original letter and that I see this as just a delaying tactic. That I am enclosing this questionnaire but I have the right to take the 40 days from my original request as I gave them the account number and all the info that they could possibly need then?

Hi,

unfortunatley they are within their rights (under the Data Protection Act) to confirm your identity as they would be commiting an offence under the Data Protection Act if they sent your data to someone else without checking the identity. having said that you are right in that it is a delaying tactic but one they are legally allowed. the 40 days start from when they have the questionaire so its in your interest to return it ASAP

i hope this helps

paul