The FSA and Bank Charges plus other matters

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have read that the FSA are finally going to investigate the Bank Charges that we declare are [unlawful]. Brave Boys as they should have done this years ago.

We have a problem where an industry such as banking is self regulating and if you rob them you go to jail but if they plunder your account you are directed to a Banking Ombudsman. Big Deal.

The problem is that P M's,Chancellor's and Ministers are [edit - sometimes moving into] jobs/directorships with the large banks when they [leave office] and in that respect have a vested interest in looking after [the banks]. The FSA also have let the banks get away with [edit unfair penalty charging].

I feel that further pressure is needed in the way of a new political party as there is nothing to choose between three main ones at present [edit]. Common sense needs to be brought into action where people are held responsible for their actions and sacked if they are no good. Not with a Big Payout either.

Banks are Licenced Deposit takers so the government have full control of their actions if they want to exercise that control but never do.

There is not one week that goes by where the the banks are not up to some [edit - thing] or another. The FSA have always acted too late except if it is a small company.

I feel that there are many issues which need sorting out and only a new Political Party will do that.

Council Tax : Unregulated [edit] of all home owners. Council offices keep getting larger but the services get less,so who is working in these offices.

The motorist is seen as an easy target and the government and police[alledgedly] do not care who loses their licence as long as they get a few quid.

Any Tom, Dick or Harry is let in to the country as long as they can keep the wages down of people who are finding it more difficult to pay their bills every week.

I can go on and on and we fall for it all the time.

Best regards: Chris

There are multiple discussions regarding many of the issues you have raised. Have a read through the forum and post your comments there.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.