Can they turn me over??

Chromatic

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5313 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello.

Fairly new here, so i apologise if this has already been covered and would welcome a nudge in the right direction, if available.

I've been hammered by barclays for as long as i can remember. Been with them since 1995. They must owe me a fortune.

Just wondered what the outcome of a successful claim would be, considering that i have a loan with them and have difficulty opening an account elsewhere. In other words; if I claim will they be in a position / likely to close my account and demand immediate repayment of the loan?

I'd love to get stuck in, but am afraid it might not be worth it, in the longrun.

Thanks.

I have not seen any claim against Barclays bank were they have closed down an account and certainly not demanded you pay back a loan;

I would say go for it, but i am sure other people will give you better advise

Cheers.

I've finally got may backside into gear and had a look at the F.A.Q. and there's some speculative advice there, but I'm wondering if anyone here has actually been "shutdown" by Barclays, as a result of getting stuck in?

Just managed to open a "parachute account" elsewhere. I'm preparing to bail out...:D

Hi

I have also done some research, they can close your account, but Barclays are one of the banks that never have done this.

So you should be safe. Well done for oppening a parachute account, i never got round to it, so i hope i will be ok.

Good luck go for it, have you requested your bank statements yet

Caz

Thanks, Michael.

Mwuhahaha... I'm going for it! As soon as I have confirmed my new account, they've had all they're getting from me. I can almost smell the cash.

Haven't even started, yet. just discovered this excellent website today but there's no point in hanging about.

I'll take any and all advice that is available. You have no idea how much they have scr***d me. I went into my branch once to ask for a £100 overdraft to see me through to pay day and "the computer said no", swiftly followed by an offer of a Mastercard and a Visa with £1000 limit on each. Responsible, eh?

I realise that my "fiscal foolishness" is of my creation, but surely it's a two way street?

Keep the advice coming - I'm here to learn!

No dont hang about just do it, send your first letter off requesting statements, giving them 40 days.

Remember to stick to your deadlines, not theirs.

I am a bit further ahead of you and am 5 days away from starting the court process.

It is very satisfying to read the threads on this site, and slowly see people getting closer and closer and then finally getting their money back.

It is very time consuming though as i find myself checking the site a few times a day

so good luck and any questions just ask, someone on here will know the answer, i have managed to get an answer to all my questions.

Keep this thread posted on how you are doing.

hi there

i was just reading through your thread and thought i would gently remind you ~ send all mail recorded delivery so that you can check who and when the delivery was taken by. when counting the days remember to include weekends and bank holidays too...

good luck and keep us posted..

if i have been of any help please add to my reputation points by clicking middle icon bottom left..

thank you

Thank You For Helping Me, I Really Appreciate It. Rest Assured I Will Click On Your Scales

:)

If I have been of any help to you, please add to my reputation points by clicking the middle icon, at the bottom left. Thank You

Get wots 'rightfully yours' the CAG way: friendly & approachable - tried & tested - step by step - Great Results!

My Final Word,

Any advice is given in my opinion only, i have no legal knowledge whatsoever, only knowledge & experience gained from CAG.

Hiya they are threatening to do this to me too unless I pay my overdraft back instantly.....my court date is 4 weeks away so I guess this is one of their scare tactics. I told them fine go ahead and shut the account as I don't want to bank with you scamsters any more anyway - I moved my account as soon as I started this whole process. And as soon as I get my money back it will clear the OD anyway and I will finally be rid of Barclays !

Barclays -

* S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) hand delivered 27/10/06

* Statements Received 1/11/06

* Pre Lim letter hand delivered 2/11/06

* MCOL Filed, Acknowledged & Defended

* N149 Submitted 24/01/07 (Due 26/01/07)

* ???? Still awaiting court date !

Halifax -

* £105.00 Settled in Full after LBA

Barclaycard -

* £60.00 Settled in Full after LBA

Sorry for not responding to everyone's good advice for a bit - been involved in the scrummage for Glastonbury tickets - nightmare.

I'm definitely going to go ahead and claim my money back - that's what it is, after all. I have no problem with the bank charging me for any intervention, so long as it's a fair and reasonable charge. £2.00 is no big deal, but £30.00 is taking the you-know-what.

I was amused to hear how much emphasis my new bank put on charges and responsibility for not going overdrawn and such like. Definitely a big focus for them. It would be a hell of a lot easier to manage finances, though, if the creaky banking systems updated itself in real time. How many of us have withdrawn from our banks and been misled as to the remaining balance as the system takes so long to update? Why do the bank allow me to use my debit card, even when I have hit the limit of my overdraft?

Fair enough, as i have said before; the ultimate responsibility for managing my finances rests with me, but I can only manage those finances based upon the information the bank has given me.