Smile Charges

ellyg
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am new to this site I already have a claim being dealt with by Lloyds TSB.

I would just like some advice please.:confused:

I had an account with Smile and came out of work last February 2006 due to illness they have sent me demands for charges over £150.

Also I have an egg credit card the interest charges are well over the top and my debt is increasing. I have contacted egg and they insist they cannot reduce the interest. (I can currently only pay the minimum amount) Hope this makes sense. I also pay a payment protection plan which I cannot claim or so they say.:mad:

Hi there,

Not really too sure exactly what info you are looking for but hopefully this little bit will help and anything your missing someone else might know.:)

Firstly no matter what the circumstances are you can claim back any charges you have had from smile over the past six years and if you havent paid them and they are claiming them from you. A letter too them stealing some of the paragraphs from the LBA template stating there charges are unlawful etc and that for this reason you will not be paying them and you insist they stop these unlawful requests upon you I would have thought would stop them dead. As I did that over secure message for some charges prior to my big claim and they just cancelled them.

As for egg there not really my speciality, I would hit that particular forum for any advice there. However I would say that its worth trying to claim back any charges from them on the normal route of doing it in writing as you are never going to get anywhere with the people over the phone.

And if you are not covered by your insurance, I would try and claim your costs back as it has been useless to you. But again egg arent my speciality.

Hope this helps, anything else just ask and I will try to help:-|

Porcupine

Hi ellyg and welcome. First thing you need to do is lots of reading of FAQ's, step by step instructions and the various forums.

It helps to have a thread in the forum for whoever you claim from so I would suggest Lloyds and egg to begin with . I suggest you write to egg at once and ask why you can't claim on the insurance, and if this is really the case, instruct them to cancel it. There is a PPI forum, so take a look at that to and see if you have a case for claiming back what you have paid, which I think you probably have.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.