• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

LTS charges claim ** WON**

remus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is such an amazing and heart warming site, who would of thought that Banks who have created such despair, have created this nemesis!

I have had the defence "vague & embarrassing" from LTSB, also they want me to file and serve an amended claim, (I only had 6 points), reading lots of threads, and kind words from HSBCrusher, I realised I had not put any Acts on my POC. I phoned the Court, and asked if I could include the relevant Acts etc with my AQ, as in section G, and was told yes I could.I have filled in a N244 and POC with the relevant template 3 of, which I will take with me when I hand in my AQ, just in case I was ill informed.

Just sending the 7 day letter to HSBC, feeling a lot happier about the process, and as is stressed you can not read enough.

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi & Welcome Janet!:)

Good luck with your claim, let us know how you go on.

Barty:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html I WON!!!!:D :D

If I have helped, please click my scales:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

had to get my AQ in on or by the 5th, and quess what, got there by 2.15, and they had gone on Easter break! will have to ring tuesday, to make sure they have received everything plus I need a copy of the AQ, coz I have run out of ink!!! and I need to send a copy to LTSB, fingers crossed! janetx

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

The court has received my AQ also LTSB's ( no AQ from LTSB for me should I have received one from them?) and the nice man is sending me 2 copies of page3 so I can send it on to SCMs:)

Any idea why some people get paid in the early stages? is it just the pile you get put in!

janetx

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Hi Janet

There doesn't seem to be any patterns to why some people get earlier settlements than others. SC&M have stopped sending copies of their AQs now.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Hi all, recieved my copies of AQ from the court, I thought I needed to send copies of all that I had handed in to the court to SC&M, but I read in a thread you did not need to. Bit confused any pointers?

Also received letter from Loraine Rosier at Andover saying Thank you for raising concerns, see that are solicitors are dealing with it. Is that their way of saying we are keeping open lines of commmunication?:confused:

Janetx

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Just read through Curlychic's thread, and got my answers:D

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

hi how do i get rid of the location on my posts?

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Thanks for that GuidoT bit of to much information me thinks.:rolleyes:

Just printing out claim forms for HSBC, have spent all of this beautiful day reading up on the site, how sad am I:sad:

Will be taking them in tomorrow along with my JSA exemption.

I am doing all the paper work for my daughter, on the claim would I be classed as litigation friend, and do I need to attach a letter of authorisation from her?

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Ltsb credit card has taken money out of my daughters account, as the account is in dispute ie: charges does she have any recourse against card services? any thoughts:confused:

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

hi nic, yes LTSB credit card has taken a payment from her current account (not a direct debit) and she is just about to do the LBA on the current account.

She is trying to get some leeway on her card, as she is unemployed at the moment, so the monies in her account is her JSA:(

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Hi Remus,

I had the same problem as your daughter year b4 last. I was trying to set up a payment plan with them, but they wouldn't do that til both my JSA and HB were completely sorted - which where I live takes several months (2 for JSA and 5 for HB!!!)

They may or may not return payments in that time, but she needs to go to the bank and see an advisor about a payment plan - at least then they've got info about her income etc. Then just keep writing letters demanding money back. I never got all of it returned, but at least a bit was better than nothing. Also, this was before I 'd figured that phone calls are useless: I'd be told one time I'd get all my money back, then later told by someone else that I wouldn't, and that no-one would possibly have told me I would.

Anyway, I digress. The important thing for her to do is to contact the jobcentre or tell them when she signs that if her money goes straight into her a/c it will just get swallowed up so she needs to be sent a giro or paid into a different a/c (if she has one). Just in case they try to tell her it can't be done, it can. It's policy that they don't pay into an a/c where the bank, not you, will get the money.

I hope this helps! x

Hi Whatmoney, thanks for that, point taken about not bothering to phone, I'm finding this more and more with companies and Gov depts, getting told one thing, then it all changes. I will double check that she has opened another account, coz I reckon LTSB will call in her O/D, and once again she will go into panic mode, she's slowly learning the way of the world!!!!

ps. she has the credit card coz she wanted a loan for a car, they could'nt do that but could charge her 29%, coz she took out cash on the card!!! sneaky eh:mad:

thanks for the reply n keep claiming:D

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

ok, don't know how to start a new thread, but i'm sure someone will put this where it belongs;) Direct Debits! have read through the general forum. my question- money going into account same day as dd comes out. Bank says you will have to cancel it or get charged. DD canceled letter received today from Amber credit "comply in the next seven day or default issued. send new DD instruction plus cheque or postal order for £20.00 admin cost":(

In the past with dd's have just set up again with 2 payments taken, is it just Amber credit? do I have to pay the £20 thus saving myself £10 re Bank charges. I HATE DD's:mad: the easy way to pay for who:mad: :mad:

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Spoke to nice lady in court when I put in my HSBC claim, the Judge only comes in 2 days a week, but should be looking at my case next tuesday, no hurry then:rolleyes:

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

ok idiot, have already been told how to start a new thread ie go to the forum in guestion and click on new thread:o cheers for that HSBCrusher,sorry bit of a computorphobic;)

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Hi all have received my notice of allocation today, 10.15 on the 25 July, should take no longer than 20 mins, and it is block listed together with a number of similar cases. (you know who you are:D ). should the case proceed to a hearing, it may be necessary for the court to adjourn the hearing to another date.

Also says the Defendant should file and serve a short skeleton argument no less than 14 days before the hearing.

what does this mean? anyone know:confused:

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

thanks for that GuidoT, trying to take things one step at a time, as I get easily confused:confused: and your post has put me in the right direction, many thanks:)

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

• 2 weeks later...

GuidoT, as my court date isn't till the 25th july (ages:mad: ), LTSB have put me on the back boiler, is there anyway I can remind them I'm still here, or would it be worth trying to transfer to a larger court (or would this just take a couple of months anyway)? Any thoughts or gentle reminder letters??:)

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Your claim must be hotting up - 'back boiler' most of us just have a burner.;)

Unfortunately nothing you can do, except wait. You never know Lloyds may just tip out with an offer.

There is no larger court to be transferred to.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

LOL, :p cheers for that Guidot, what I meant by a larger court, was one that had a judge there every day, not 2 days a week:D

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08