Natwest Credit Card PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5322 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a credit card with Nat west, which I have just noticed I have been paying £40 a month on for nearly three years. (This came about because I am having trouble keeping up with the payments and made enquiries about claiming the PPI for sickness). I did in fact retire in 2003 and when I spoke to Nat West about this they said I should have cancelled the PPI when I retired. They then sent me a copy of the rules for PPI stating that you have to be employed for them to be valid. The amount I have paid in PPI could go a long way to paying of the credit card.

Surely my birthdate should have told them I should not be paying PPI. I know I should have noticed it myself, but I didn't and I am now wondering if I can claim any of this back. I am furipous that they let this go on, knowing I do not work anymore. They know this because I had PPI on a loan when I was at work, and when I was medically retired the insurance company had to pay of the loan. (60 months being the max, which has paid the loan off).

Can anyone give me some info on this. Its not the same as PPI on a loan, and I am wondering if they have any resposibility to have warned me that the PPI was no longer valid.?

Advice would be helpful

maggiebroom

I have a credit card with Nat west, which I have just noticed I have been paying £40 a month on for nearly three years. (This came about because I am having trouble keeping up with the payments and made enquiries about claiming the PPI for sickness). I did in fact retire in 2003 and when I spoke to Nat West about this they said I should have cancelled the PPI when I retired. They then sent me a copy of the rules for PPI stating that you have to be employed for them to be valid. The amount I have paid in PPI could go a long way to paying of the credit card.

Surely my birthdate should have told them I should not be paying PPI. I know I should have noticed it myself, but I didn't and I am now wondering if I can claim any of this back. I am furipous that they let this go on, knowing I do not work anymore. They know this because I had PPI on a loan when I was at work, and when I was medically retired the insurance company had to pay of the loan. (60 months being the max, which has paid the loan off).

Can anyone give me some info on this. Its not the same as PPI on a loan, and I am wondering if they have any resposibility to have warned me that the PPI was no longer valid.?

Advice would be helpful

maggiebroom

Hello Maggie,

PPI is PPI. Some people do agree to have it. with others Its a money making scheme that they do till they get found out. If you don't find out, they are laughing all the way to the bank:lol:

Claim back all of the payment from your retirement. After you retired they would not have paid out. The policy would have been void. so much for customer service:shock:

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Is there a template for a letter to claim back PPI? I dont recall one and I would be grateful if someone could perhaps give me an idea of what I should put.

I can't see how the prelim letter in the library could be adapted for this situation and would be very garteful for any pointers.

I need to claim back four years PPI on the grounds that as I am not employed I should not have been paying and the PPI is invalid.

Anyone any ideas??