Help, so confused

jade21s
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

Im a newbie and have read many threads on this site, my head is hurting...

Can anybody help me, I have written to Lloyds asking for my charges back and they have said 'on yer bike' in a fashion.

I now wish to write back asking for my charges + interest, not the 8%. I am willing to go all the way with lloyds its just that I am so confused.

The thing that I am confused with is I have been charged many overdraft excess fees of £30.00. Because this is a one off fee and not a daily interest rate I'm not sure how to calculate interest on it. would it just be 29% from the day I paid it until to date.

Any help appreciated, I think I have just suffered an information overload.

Thank you

Hello all

Im a newbie and have read many threads on this site, my head is hurting...

Can anybody help me, I have written to Lloyds asking for my charges back and they have said 'on yer bike' in a fashion.

I now wish to write back asking for my charges + interest, not the 8%. I am willing to go all the way with lloyds its just that I am so confused.

The thing that I am confused with is I have been charged many overdraft excess fees of £30.00. Because this is a one off fee and not a daily interest rate I'm not sure how to calculate interest on it. would it just be 29% from the day I paid it until to date.

Any help appreciated, I think I have just suffered an information overload.

Thank you

Hi ok I think you wish to claim the contractual interest rate? Please be aware that this is more complicated. You need to include this interest from the initail letter.

You calculate the interest from the date the took the charge upto the date they settle. The spreadsheet will calculate this for you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Thank you, I have opened the spread sheet and will try and get my head around it... I am so angry at lloyds as I had a charge of £30.00 put on my account in January for been o/d from Friday to Monday. The nearest bank to me that I could use on a Saturday is 2 bus rides away. I telephoned to advise them of this and asked for the charge to be removed they said no the charges are in my t&c's. So I am now hoping to get every penny clawed back

Thank you, I have opened the spread sheet and will try and get my head around it... I am so angry at lloyds as I had a charge of £30.00 put on my account in January for been o/d from Friday to Monday. The nearest bank to me that I could use on a Saturday is 2 bus rides away. I telephoned to advise them of this and asked for the charge to be removed they said no the charges are in my t&c's. So I am now hoping to get every penny clawed back

Thats the spirit! :D

OK, so I am looking at Vampiress spreadsheet..I think I have got it, but can anybody help me with this question..

LLoyds tsb charge £30.00 per day in excess fees up to £90.00 each month, however, their unauthorised rate is 29.8.

Do I change the spreadsheet from 8% to 29.8 if so what does the £30.00 per day mean...

Sorry, if this doe'snt make sense. It's just that I dont want my LBA to be laughed at by the bank...

Hello, thank you for getting back to me, I did say I was confused:)

I am in the process of doing my LBA. I am wanting to claim contractual interest at 29.8% apr which i believe is LTSB'S unauthorised overdraft rate.

I think I know what I am doing now. I am multiplying each transaction by 29.8% i.e a £20.00 charge dated 13/01/2002 = £[email protected]% / 365 = .0163287 x days outstanding to the date of my letter, I will then increase the days to the date of the court claim.

Am I on the right track here..I hope so.....

Have you thoroughly researched CI? If not then please do before you claim it. Its a very contentious issue and unfortunately the principles upon which it is based are legally unsubstantiated. There are risks involved. You need to know your arguements in relation to the implied term principle and be confident that you could put them to a judge.

Unless you're 100% confident, then personally I would advise that you stick with the 8%.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Also read RedDeath treads - a very good debate about the pro's and con's 0f claiming CI

Wow, thank you!

Hello again

I have sent a SAR letter to LLoyds Trustcard (credit card), which was recieved on the 23 Feb 07. I called them as I have not received my statements and they said they would be with me within 10 working days (blah,blah,blah). I then called the Financial Services Ombudsmen and made a complaint regarding this, I have received a copy of the letter they have sent to Lloyds.

Whilst speaking to them I asked if any action would be taken against them as they have clearly broken the 40 day timescale, they replied with 'LTSB are inundated with SAR requests at the moment and the FSO are told they are doing all they can to eliminate the problem'. I asked 'If they (LTSB) do not have the man power to deal with the situation is this not where the FSO should step in and investigate the matter further' FSO replied 'Only if this is continuous and customers have not had a response within 8 weeks of LTSB receiving the FSO complaint on the customers behalf'.

:rolleyes: Conclusion...will not be asking FSO for any further help once statements received....

My question today is I have 2 accts with LTSB bank and 1 LTSB credit card. The LBA is nearly up with the bank and as above I am awaiting statements from LTSB credit card. I know from reading this forum that I will be dragging 'the dark horse' through the courts, .......NEARLY TO THE POINT....will I be able to file all 3 accts together at MCOL.

Any advice.....

icon6.gif Lloyds SAR request beyond 40 days

Hello again

I have sent a SAR letter to LLoyds Trustcard (credit card), which was recieved on the 23 Feb 07. I called them as I have not received my statements and they said they would be with me within 10 working days (blah,blah,blah). I then called the Financial Services Ombudsmen and made a complaint regarding this, I have received a copy of the letter they have sent to Lloyds.

Whilst speaking to them I asked if any action would be taken against them as they have clearly broken the 40 day timescale, they replied with 'LTSB are inundated with SAR requests at the moment and the FSO are told they are doing all they can to eliminate the problem'. I asked 'If they (LTSB) do not have the man power to deal with the situation is this not where the FSO should step in and investigate the matter further' FSO replied 'Only if this is continuous and customers have not had a response within 8 weeks of LTSB receiving the FSO complaint on the customers behalf'.

:rolleyes: Conclusion...will not be asking FSO for any further help once statements received....

My question today is I have 2 accts with LTSB bank and 1 LTSB credit card. The LBA is nearly up with the bank and as above I am awaiting statements from LTSB credit card. I know from reading this forum that I will be dragging 'the dark horse' through the courts, .......NEARLY TO THE POINT....will I be able to file all 3 accts together at MCOL.

Any advice.....

You can combine claims into one if all a/c's are in your name, none are business a/c's and they total less than £5000.

I would recommend using N1 rather than MCOL since it's unlikely you'll be able to get the 3 a/c no's and the POC's into the small sspace allowed at MCOL + you won't be able to attach the 3 schedules. In the long run it'll make the claim less hassle.

• Haha 1

You can combine claims into one if all a/c's are in your name, none are business a/c's and they total less than £5000.

What happens if the claim is above £5000?

Hi

I have 3 accts with lloyds that I wish to dispute, 2xbank accts and 1 x c/card acct. I have been waiting forever for the c/card statements and complained to the oft as the timescale is well passed 40 days. In the meantime I have got as far as sending my LBA letter to Lloyds (sent 27/03/07) and had no response. Before this I had the standard bogg off letter to my first letter.

I am now wanting to file at court but I want to claim contractual Interest, would this be ok to do or would I have to start the whole procedure again and include the contractual charges.

Thanks

Hi

You might struggle for space using MCOL with 2 accounts.

This link should help you with the N1 form:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-4-particulars-claim-n1.html

Good luck, let us know how you go on.

Barty:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html I WON!!!!:D :D

If I have helped, please click my scales:)

• Haha 2

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

:confused: Hi I have handed in my N1 today at Leeds county court, I did not use MCOL as did'nt want to get caught out with the space limitations.

I spoke to a very helpful but young gent, who advised me I need all supporting docs, I said that I only need the N1 and my sched of charges as the rest of Docs will be requested in 2-3 weeks. He then took the N1 and sched of my charges x 3 (no letters, etc) and then said to wait a week for a case number then I will receive a case date.

As helpful as he was I am a little confused as to what happens next and what the usual timescale is for a court date (he said 2 weeks then 2 weeks for a defence by Lloyds. I have the court bundle printed off and the OFT statement.

Can anybody advise me, by the way I used Gresham st as the registered address.

Hi I have filed my N1 today at Leeds County Court (3xN1 + 3 X sched of charges.

I understand from the very knowledgeable Barty that my claim will be filed in 5 days and LTSB have 28 days from the date of my claim to file a defence (I should be sending docsa in in appx 19 days . Does this mean I will have a court date in 28 days. If not has anybody got an approximate timescale for when Leeds County Court will set a hearing, (and will it be in Leeds)

Thank you.:-|

Very hard to say - depends on a number of things - not least of which is the number of cases turning up in your local court - unfortunately (and you will probably be aware of this) Lloyds will drag this out to the bitter end. Wouldn't be too worried about when it happens more about being prepared for it when it comes - good luck with your claim - keep us posted.